PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Installation

Smrtz
04-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Ok so I received my Factory Bimini top from the dealer today for my 05 Outback. Came with all the hardware to install it, however no instructions were included. I can see by looking at some of the pics posted on the board where the mounts go as well as the front eyelets. I cant seem to figure out where the rear ones go.

If anyone has installation instructions or could post some pics of exactly where everything is positioned on their boat it would help out huge.

Thanks

Jay

Nafplio
04-24-2007, 12:20 AM
I've been looking around but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Check some of the rides on wakeside. Good luck.

Wolf-
04-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Ok so I received my Factory Bimini top from the dealer today for my 05 Outback. Came with all the hardware to install it, however no instructions were included. I can see by looking at some of the pics posted on the board where the mounts go as well as the front eyelets. I cant seem to figure out where the rear ones go.

If anyone has installation instructions or could post some pics of exactly where everything is positioned on their boat it would help out huge.

Thanks

Jay

If mine would ever come back I'd take pics for you.
Still waiting for Boatmate to return the trailer (45 days and counting!)

qb12
04-24-2007, 08:56 AM
jay, if i recall from when i had my outback the two rear clips, hooks, whatever you want to call them, were installed to the deck about 3-5 inches behind the windshield.

i just looked for some pics but i deleted them.

Smrtz
04-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks QB

carsondoc
04-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey Jay.
The eyelet clips go on the deck near the air intakes in front of the windshield. I don't think it's critical exactly where you place them as long as they are symmetric because you can adjust the front straps on the bimini.

Then you are left with the two black anchor attachments for each side. On my '03 Outback one is mounted about half-way up the windshield frame. That one has a small wedge piece that goes under it so it conforms to the round frame. The other one goes about 4" behind the windshield on the deck. I'm surprised the Skier's Choice guys didn't send specific mounting instructions.

If they can't send you the factory mounting instructions/placement I would make sure I looked at one that's installed before I did my own. It should not be hard to do, you just have to have the positions pretty close so the bimini fits and works properly.

Wolf-
04-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Tower or no tower?

gotmyboat
04-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Jay -

If mine wasn't already installed I would go with these tower clamps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130087249103&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=130087759674&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&usedrule2=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

They do away with the straps and give it a rigid mount. They are a machine shop that also makes killer wakeboard (and kneeboard) racks for cheap.

Just a thought.

Dave

qb12
04-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Jay -

If mine wasn't already installed I would go with these tower clamps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130087249103&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=130087759674&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&usedrule2=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

They do away with the straps and give it a rigid mount. They are a machine shop that also makes killer wakeboard (and kneeboard) racks for cheap.

Just a thought.
Dave

dave, i looked at what you are recommending. so does this also include poles to replace the straps. also how is it stored.

doug

gotmyboat
04-25-2007, 11:35 AM
It would be stored the same way as a factory install. Zip it in the boot and strap it to the tower. I am not sure if that price includes the poles. If not, they make custom biminis so I'm sure they can make the poles to length. I'm not sure how much the would charge for that. It would be worth it to me to have a more rigid mount without drilling holes in the boat. I am going to have them make me a kneeboard rack, as I am getting kneeboard #2 this year. I will then have 4 wakeboards and 2 kneeboards on the rack. Also 2 slalom skis and a pair of doubles in the ski locker. Better there than on the floor of the boat.

Let me know what you decide on this.

Dave

qb12
04-25-2007, 11:58 AM
It would be stored the same way as a factory install. Zip it in the boot and strap it to the tower. I am not sure if that price includes the poles. If not, they make custom biminis so I'm sure they can make the poles to length. I'm not sure how much the would charge for that. It would be worth it to me to have a more rigid mount without drilling holes in the boat. I am going to have them make me a kneeboard rack, as I am getting kneeboard #2 this year. I will then have 4 wakeboards and 2 kneeboards on the rack. Also 2 slalom skis and a pair of doubles in the ski locker. Better there than on the floor of the boat.

Let me know what you decide on this.

Dave

dave, i called their number in cali. they told me that does not include any support poles but they could fabricate some. problem is my tower is 2 38" according to skier's choice and the largest they have is 2 inch.

Smrtz
04-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know if SC has an actual instruction for the installation of the bimini? There was nothing of the sort in the box.
I looked at the manual for the boat there is no mention there.

qb12
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
you might give anthony cooper a call at skier's choice and see if he can fax one to you.

doug

Smrtz
05-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I have been waiting for the dealer to get the info from SC for over a week and a half now... anyone have the phone number for SC?

qb12
05-03-2007, 02:55 PM
smarts on the moomba home page go to "about moomba" and click contact us.

it's even a toll free number

Smrtz
05-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Funny, before I called SC I thought what the hell Ill call the dealership again 4th call in 2 weeks... they assured me they would call me back today.
Im like yep okay... Hung up called SC had the directions faxed to me within 10 min... (of course I forgot to mention I have a tower so they were the wrong ones...my bad) but I know I will get the right ones tomorrow from them.
SC went above and beyond the service level I expected.

Still waiting for the call back from the dealership I bought my boat from...anyone in Ontario looking to buy a Moomba want to know where not to buy?