PDA

View Full Version : Boater's Insurance Agency

Duke-s
06-21-2021, 03:15 PM
I am about to pick up my 2021 Mojo from the dealership and have been shopping insurance. I was going to get it through State Farm where I have all of my other stuff at, but the boat dealership referred me to Boater's Insurance Agency (BIA) out of Danville, CA. They are cheaper than State Farm by a decent amount. My question is, does anyone have experience using them or have any feedback on them? I'd happily go with them. I just don't know anything about them or if they're reputable at all, where with State Farm, I am very familiar with them and their agents. Thanks

sandm
06-21-2021, 04:42 PM
ski safe.

that's all you need.

larry_arizona
06-21-2021, 05:11 PM
I have BIA , Gabe is awesome. I chose between BIA and Ski Safe.

Either way you can’t go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haknslash
06-21-2021, 07:17 PM
I have BIA as well.

KnoxMojo
06-21-2021, 08:29 PM
Had Ski Safe for years, dropped them for Chubb through Denise at Global Marine. Chubb was less expensive for more coverage and agreed value and no winter layup period.

larry_arizona
06-21-2021, 08:40 PM
Had Ski Safe for years, dropped them for Chubb through Denise at Global Marine. Chubb was less expensive for more coverage and agreed value and no winter layup period.

The buyer of my 2018 SA got rear ended towing the boat, trailer totaled. Surf pipe, wake plates and rudder needed replacement and Chubb was a nightmare deal with for the buyer.

Took 8+months to get Chubb to pay and they fought the trailer coverage.

KnoxMojo
06-21-2021, 08:45 PM
The buyer of my 2018 SA got rear ended towing the boat, trailer totaled. Surf pipe, wake plates and rudder needed replacement and Chubb was a nightmare deal with for the buyer.

Took 8+months to get Chubb to pay and they fought the trailer coverage.

Thanks for the heads up, I researched them quite a bit, even talked with another broker to compare and they said Chubb was top of the line. Why did they have to go through their own insurance if they were rear ended? Should have been on the other insurance.

larry_arizona
06-21-2021, 09:15 PM
Michigan is no fault insurance

KnoxMojo
06-21-2021, 09:18 PM
Michigan is no fault insurance

Very happy I don't live there! lol... In the Marines, Okinawa was like that, well, automatically 90% your fault if American, lol.

larry_arizona
06-21-2021, 09:19 PM
Very happy I don't live there! lol... In the Marines, Okinawa was like that, well, automatically 90% your fault if American, lol.

Yep, sucks, but no litigation.

Each pays for their own damage.

Woody929
06-21-2021, 10:59 PM
I’m on my second boat with BIA. I’ve never had an issue with them, but I’ve never filed a claim either. It’s very hard to beat their rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

russellsmojo
06-21-2021, 11:09 PM
I have BIA , Gabe is awesome. I chose between BIA and Ski Safe.

Either way you can’t go wrong.

I have had Gabe on all my boats. Also, I had a claim and they did awesome. All my other insurance is at State Farm too. :)

Duke-s
06-22-2021, 09:55 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies. After doing a little more research, I think I'm going to give them a shot.