PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Supra SA Electrical Issues

Bri49er80
06-20-2021, 01:58 PM
Hello,

Curious if anyone has any electrical issues with a 2021 SA? We have had several issues that are a bit frustrating including:

Control Display is Down, screen would not turn off unless power was cut
Starboard Tab PDM Fault, had to turn off and cut power to reset
Thruster won’t turn on at random times
Thruster dock hold feature no longer available, greyed out and no longer showing active when thrust being used
Center ballast will occasionally show 100% full despite being empty so I have to reset ballast calibration to empty.
Steering wheel controls stopped working, had to turn off and cut power.

Curious if anyone has had similar issues or thoughts on it. Just seems to be electrical with how many issues have come up. Will get the boat back to the dealer Tuesday but any insight ahead of time would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and happy Father’s Day!

Brian
2021 Supra SA 450

KnoxMojo
06-20-2021, 02:02 PM
First thing to be asked, are you letting everything power and cycle on fully before cranking?

HFarr
06-20-2021, 02:28 PM
Happy Father's Day to you as well! That sounds like a lot of issues for a new boat. I would certainly take that back for a check-up!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
06-20-2021, 03:23 PM
Supra has been having issues with the new steering wheel controls. I just had my boat out today first time since my 20 hour service and the SW controls don’t work.

There is a diagnostic module for the thrusters, if you use them hard, they over heat and you need to be going less than 5mph and have over 11v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bri49er80
06-20-2021, 06:01 PM
First thing to be asked, are you letting everything power and cycle on fully before cranking?

Yes, I turn on and let it tune up as well as blower stay on for a couple minutes before starting.

Bri49er80
06-20-2021, 06:05 PM
Supra has been having issues with the new steering wheel controls. I just had my boat out today first time since my 20 hour service and the SW controls don’t work.

There is a diagnostic module for the thrusters, if you use them hard, they over heat and you need to be going less than 5mph and have over 11v

I use them a good amount but it was like 20 minutes or more not using them and when I went to dock. It would work left but not right. Then later right would work but not left, then none would work. It was just very strange.

larry_arizona
06-20-2021, 09:06 PM
Check in the starboard side of the surf locker for the diagnostic module when they are not working for you and see if there are any red lights.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210621/4f6750437aeffbb25586ce1a42537fa9.jpg

Bri49er80
06-21-2021, 12:42 AM
Check in the starboard side of the surf locker for the diagnostic module when they are not working for you and see if there are any red lights.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210621/4f6750437aeffbb25586ce1a42537fa9.jpg

Thank you…I will check that in the morning when we are out.

repomannv
06-28-2021, 08:42 PM
I have a 2021 Supra SA (no bow thruster). No electrical issues for me, I have had two instances of a surf plate actuator apparently sticking in the down position, both times, I was able to get it unstuck with a key off, key on restart.

2in2out
06-28-2021, 09:41 PM
I have a 2021 Supra SA (no bow thruster). No electrical issues for me, I have had two instances of a surf plate actuator apparently sticking in the down position, both times, I was able to get it unstuck with a key off, key on restart.

Are you running on one battery or two. Supra’s are supposed to be run on either one battery, or the other, not on both. If you start the engine before the start up screen cycles, and the plates have not gone through their start-up routine, then actuators may get stuck in position.

After coming from a boat that had a keyed ignition switch to one with a start/stop button, my hardest habit to stop besides trying to turn key to start, was waiting for the start-up sequence.

Also, using the Stop button was forgotten.

Currently boatless

Marc Taylor
08-11-2021, 11:45 AM

Larry.

What was the fix on steering wheel control malfunction? My new 2022 SA 400 has the same problem. Also her we go again, first day put in water not charging and low voltage warnings!!!! As soon as you accelerate charging decreases!

larry_arizona
08-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Larry.

What was the fix on steering wheel control malfunction? My new 2022 SA 400 has the same problem. Also her we go again, first day put in water not charging and low voltage warnings!!!! As soon as you accelerate charging decreases!

The fix was to let the screens fully shut down and then let them fully boot up prior to starting boat.

Had no loss of SW controls since.

Interesting on same charging issue on your new boat. Perhaps your dealer is not setting up battery/wiring correctly?