PDA

View Full Version : More problems ... neverending?

SpdRacr
07-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Well, here it goes ... I am about fed up with the Moomba. '02 Outback LS with 310hp. Ok, in the past, the bilge pump stopped working on the first day, dash switch circuit board fell out from behind dash, screws popping out everywhere. Then the starter went out, which was an aftermath to the bilge pump going out, the motor compartment filling up with water, and shorting out the starter. Now with only 48 hours on the boat, the boat won't turn off properly, it chugs for gas when you turn the key off, like you might expect a 30 yr old carbureted engine might do, and it's starting to run bad. The rear ballast will not fill, the hour meter stopped working, the gas guage does not work, and the tower is falling apart. One of the cross supports on the tower, the weld is ripping off of the upper tube on the tower, and I lower my tower to store it, have always been very cautious, but now it is hard to line the holes up to raise the tower back up for use. Does ANY of this sound familiar? Or is it just me. It doesn't to me, not for a brand new boat with 45 hours on it. I compare all brand new things to each other, and no matter what brand, I would never expect this from a brand new boat. Did I get a lemon? And I know everyones first reaction is take it to the dealer. Well, yeah, I can take it to the dealer and get everything fixed no problem under warranty. But why should I have to be without my boat every time I take it into the dealership. I like wakeboarding too much to be without my boat once or twice a month. Someone please respond .. maybe I need to talk to the president of Skier's Choice, I just expected more. Thanks for any input.

07-07-2003, 10:15 PM
45 or 48 hours? How is all the water getting into your boat? Why not put your full name and state your from. This sounds like a lot of problems to have and Im calling your BS!
If I trash a trash bag is it still called junk?

waterboy
07-08-2003, 02:48 AM
Have you talked to your dealer about all these problems? What was his response....was he sympathetic? Did he say how long he needed to have it in the shop? Did he offer you, or did you ask about maybe some free upgrades to make up for your inconvenience? Keep us posted.

Brian

noneya
07-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Sounds like you got a lemon, maybe they could give you a good trade in deal on a different used one or a new one. If they would offer that it would be worth giving em another try.

SpdRacr
07-08-2003, 08:14 PM
I forgot to mention the steering wheel shedding it's skin like a snake, as well as being crooked. And also, when the boat had 10 hours on it, it had a plethora of spider cracks on the port side of the bow, stemming from the rub rail, not from any screws as has been discusseed in previous posts. This was fixed under warranty through the dealer. I am not usually on e to complain, and am usually an understanding person, but I expected more from Skier's Choice and Moomba. I think everyone deserves a second chance, so I would definitely give Moomba a second chance, since I have seen good results from this message board. I would even like to upgrade to a Mobius V, but that would be Skier's Choice's decision, not the dealer. Oh well, Maybe someone of importance will see this ... anyone know how to email the president or someone high up at Skier's Choice? Thanks for th input.

noneya
07-09-2003, 11:56 AM
[email protected] rick tinker--- Not sure if he is the top dog but he's up there and is definetly a cool guy, if anyone can help you he can.

goose
07-09-2003, 08:29 PM
SpdRacr,
Email me at [email protected] and if you want you can add [email protected]. I am the Moomba Product manager and Rick is the president. Give me all the details and we will see what we can do to help you out. Sorry about all the problems.

matt

DCM
07-10-2003, 02:31 PM
Help a brother out. We don't want people out there talking trash about the product, or a man without a boat! How was Dale Hollow, saw you towing the big boat back on Sunday. Tell JMJ hey from the family in KY. Later.

goose
07-11-2003, 08:59 AM
SpdRacr,

Thanks for the email. We will do our best to try to help you out. I will reply to your email privately. Again, sorry for the issues and we will try to regain your confidence.

David,

Dale Hollow was a blast. Sunday was my birthday and I am still trying to recover. See ya next time you are down and hopefully we will get you behind the big one. Take care.

SpdRacr
07-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Thanks Matt and Rob for your time. Hope something good can come of this.

The only problem is now, with all these problems, the dealer can't get me in to get the problems fixed for 2 weeks. So, brand new boat, less then a year old, 50 hours, and I have to wait 2 weeks to get all the problems looked at, and then fixed ... UGH !?!?!? What next?

Jay

goose
07-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Ed,

I will look into the Oil filters. I had another complaint about that and I will check with Indmar to see if there is a spec on that. Thanks for the feedback and the compliments.

SpdRacr
07-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Anyone ever had a problem with there front factory ballast filling up as the boat is driving, without the pump being turned on. Kind of annoying when it keeps making the front ski locker hatch pop open. This is another problem I forgot to add to my long list. Any suggestions? Just another warranty issue to add to my long list ... :( Sure was a nice weekend to ride ... too bad my boat is not up to rideable condition. Hopefully Skier's Choice will take care of me. We'll see.

Jay

SkiKY
07-14-2003, 09:52 PM
I had the problem with the rear bags filling up and it was an easy fix. On the bertha ballast system there are two solenoids located just above the transmission (I assume one for each rear bag). On top of the solenoids there is a small red switch that either leaves the lines open continuously to water flow or allows the lines to open and close with the flip of the fill switches. A simple flip of this switch fixed my problem. Not sure if one of these controls the center bag or if there is a third solenoid somewhere. Check the owner's manual, thats where I found the info about the rear solenoids.