PDA

View Full Version : Rear port bag slow to fill on SA400 2019

svienb
06-06-2021, 11:00 AM
One of my rear bags is taking twice as long to fill as the other. Normally 7 mins now up to 15.
Any tips on removing blockages or inspecting the impeller? E.g where is impeller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
06-06-2021, 11:31 AM
My guess is one of your pumps is down or impeller is shredded. LOL I think the rear pumps are accessible through the transmission hatch.

How many hours on the boat?

svienb
06-07-2021, 10:29 AM
75 hrs on the boat

larry_arizona
06-07-2021, 12:49 PM
I doubt with 75 hours it needs impeller replacement.

My guess is pump tripped a breaker switch

MJHSupra
06-07-2021, 04:15 PM
Are 2 pumps per bag turning on? Try each section one at a time.

If so, I would insert new impellers.

In my 2018 SL, center has 2 pumps for the front bag.

Trans Hatch has 2 pumps.
The area between the back seat and locker has the other two pumps - underneath. Those 4 pumps control the back locker bags - actually sub floor bags.

Tommy2slow
06-09-2021, 12:20 AM
Had a similar problem with my boat that was repaired under warranty. Only one of the pumps was working. Took 9 1/2 minutes to fill instead of 5 1/2 for the other bag. I removed the back panel to access the pumps and confirmed one wasn’t working. Swapped the wiring to see if it was the pump or the wiring. The pump was fine so I contacted the dealer to find the short.

svienb
06-09-2021, 01:26 AM
Had a similar problem with my boat that was repaired under warranty. Only one of the pumps was working. Took 9 1/2 minutes to fill instead of 5 1/2 for the other bag. I removed the back panel to access the pumps and confirmed one wasn’t working. Swapped the wiring to see if it was the pump or the wiring. The pump was fine so I contacted the dealer to find the short.

Thanks. I’ll see what the dealer can do for me.

svienb
12-20-2021, 05:24 PM
To close the loop in this one, the plastic impeller was half gone, it’s considered wear and tear so warranty did not cover it.

larry_arizona
12-21-2021, 09:51 AM
https://youtu.be/ECv1VwW6RTo

Fast forward to 1:00 mark, just a visual on how the ballast pumps work and you can see why they wear out, especially if they run dry.

Easy to maintain/replace impellers every few years.

Zog
12-22-2021, 07:53 PM
https://youtu.be/ECv1VwW6RTo

Fast forward to 1:00 mark, just a visual on how the ballast pumps work and you can see why they wear out, especially if they run dry.

Easy to maintain/replace impellers every few years.

It would be really nice to have those clear covers on the pumps so you could see the condition of the impeller while pumping and quickly see if you have anything obstructing flow.

HFarr
12-22-2021, 10:04 PM
I would make it out of glass. Plexiglass is too soft and would burn/scuff up really bad.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk