PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Mojo Update

Dank
06-05-2021, 12:10 PM
OK, I take back everything I said earlier.. took it out last night and dialed in the wave. . AWESOME!!

Fixed a whole laundry list of things that were wrong or set incorrectly...

Was out with 21 SA owners helping set up and test surf.. all of us agreed, very comparable.

Ordered even more lead to add.. can't wait to try it.

most of all.... AUTOWAKE OFF!! Don't need it.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Moomba hit a home run with this thing.

RC_Hinojosa
06-05-2021, 12:19 PM
No schwag here....I guess it's pretty dank after all [emoji57]

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
06-05-2021, 01:35 PM
OK, I take back everything I said earlier.. took it out last night and dialed in the wave. . AWESOME!!

Fixed a whole laundry list of things that were wrong or set incorrectly...

Was out with 21 SA owners helping set up and test surf.. all of us agreed, very comparable.

Ordered even more lead to add.. can't wait to try it.

most of all.... AUTOWAKE OFF!! Don't need it.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Moomba hit a home run with this thing.

I think the key to your success is working with a fellow SC boat owner.

I agree on autowake off once you know what pitch and roll works for you.

Curious what pitch and roll made the wave come alive for you.

It would help fellow new mojo owners if you also listed what else you addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleek98
06-05-2021, 01:35 PM
Mind sharing what all needed changed? Also total ballast your going to be running?

Dank
06-05-2021, 07:50 PM
Agreed!

I consider myself an absolute Guru when it came to the Max wave, but this wasn't just any SC owner, my buddy's a savage and really knows his stuff... His hands were all bloody by the time we were done adjusting bags. Sometimes you gotta just get in there and get your hands dirty.

Funny enough when we were all done adjusting manually, it ended up always close to 8.5 / 9 pitch and (forget exactly, but somewhere near -1 Roll (port side) almost to a tee the Wake 9 settings. ..the bow wasn't high at all and seemed very level at all times (not really listed at all).

We adjusted pretty much everything you can think of, but the biggest thing was the ballast bags themselves.. ended up there was quite a bit of air trapped in them (didn't notice first time out since we have the trays in the back that basically make it sub floor) - this time out I took the trays out so I could see... once we bled all the air it was good and filled without air afterward. Learned a trick how to get the air out by covering the vent holes too.., since at first we couldn't get one of the air vent caps off., eventually got it off. (!) The ballast timers were all screwed up (too short). We had to get in the very back of the lockers (where the little black cover is on the back wall) and moved up both of the valve timers further up the tube so that the pumps don't shut off so quickly...the ballast bags themselves weren't reaching the midship fully either, so had to "pull" them further up to get full. adjusted / reset the wake plates, incl. - I can't even remember everything we did.. but a lot.

Most of all - AUTOWAKE OFF. (Other than to temporarily check pitch and roll).

Ended up at 100% full (100/100/100) - with extra lead in the very back lockers (underneath the ballast bags) - and in the very front of the center midship lockers (found that there is an awesome little cubby hole in these where you can put it and it's totally hidden). Have ordered even more lead and can't wait to try it. Wakeplate at either 0 or 20-25%, Surf tab at 65-70. Speed at 10.7, or 11.4 (mainly, but we all ride so differently). I actually prefer a slower speed, for a bit mushier wave for a "trampoline" effect and more forgiving landings. Flow 3 is the bomb. nice, clean face.

All in all, it was a SOLID wave to start with. Going to be able to fill all the ballast and recreate a good wave each time. It can only get better from here as we add weight, fine tune and dial.

Installed sub floor cooler and a trash chute for cans and dual flag towers.

Next up, same buddy is gonna fine tune the stereo system with some fancy gadgets he has..lol :cool:

I think the key to your success is working with a fellow SC boat owner.

I agree on autowake off once you know what pitch and roll works for you.

Curious what pitch and roll made the wave come alive for you.

It would help fellow new mojo owners if you also listed what else you addressed.

larry_arizona
06-05-2021, 07:53 PM
Agreed!

I consider myself an absolute Guru when it came to the Max wave, but this wasn't just any SC owner, my buddy's a savage and really knows his stuff... His hands were all bloody by the time we were done adjusting bags. Sometimes you gotta just get in there and get your hands dirty.

Funny enough when we were all done adjusting manually, it ended up always close to 8.5 / 9 pitch and (forget exactly, but somewhere near -1 Roll (port side) almost to a tee the Wake 9 settings. ..the bow wasn't high at all and seemed every level at all times (not really listed at all).

We adjusted pretty much everything you can think of, but the biggest thing was the ballast bags themselves.. ended up there was quite a bit of air trapped in them (didn't notice first time out since we have the trays in the back that basically make it sub floor) - this time out I took the trays out so I could see... once we bled all the air it was good and filled without air afterward. Learned a trick how to get the air out by covering the vent holes too.., since at first we couldn't get one of the air vent caps off., eventually got it off. (!) The ballast timers were all screwed up (too short). We had to get in the very back of the lockers (where the little black cover is on the back wall) and moved up both of the valve timers further up the tube so that the pumps don't shut off so quickly...the ballast bags themselves weren't reaching the midship fully either, so had to "pull" them further up to get full. adjusted / reset the wake plates, incl. - I can't even remember everything we did.. but a lot.

Most of all - AUTOWAKE OFF. (Other than to temporarily check pitch and roll).

Ended up at 100% full (100/100/100) - with extra lead in the very back lockers (underneath the ballast bags) - and in the very front of the center midship lockers (found that there is an awesome little cubby hole in these where you can put it and it's totally hidden). Have ordered even more lead and can't wait to try it. Wakeplate at either 0 or 20-25%, Surf tab at 65-70. Speed at 10.7, or 11.4 (mainly, but we all ride so differently). I actually prefer a slower speed, for a bit mushier wave for a "trampoline" effect and more forgiving landings. Flow 3 is the bomb. nice, clean face.

All in all, it was a SOLID wave to start with. Going to be able to fill all the ballast and recreate a good wave each time. It can only get better from here as we add weight, fine tune and dial.

Installed sub floor cooler and a trash chute for cans and dual flag towers.

Next up, same buddy is gonna fine tune the stereo system with some fancy gadgets he has..lol :cool:

That is awesome that you are in the honey hole now. You can set it and let that boat eat!!!

No better feeling.

FTR, the SA loves 8.5/-1 regular too.

Dank
06-05-2021, 07:54 PM
4k Stock ballast (at 100/100/100) and will end up with over 1k in lead (just ordered more).

Mind sharing what all needed changed? Also total ballast your going to be running?

sleek98
06-05-2021, 07:55 PM
Glad to hear.

I’m going to have 1k in lead as well as 650# of additional midship bags. I think the key is to get more weight in the boat. I am guessing the 1,750-2k range of ballast is going to make it perfect.

Dank
06-05-2021, 07:57 PM
The 21 SA is freaking awesome! Best boat I've ever ridden (and I've ridden them ALL at this point), IMO.

That is awesome that you are in the honey hole now. You can set it and let that boat eat!!!

No better feeling.

FTR, the SA loves 8.5/-1 regular too.

Dank
06-05-2021, 08:09 PM
Two other quick observations - the Mojo was better in chop than the Max was and is by far more agile (turning radius, etc.). Couldn't pinpoint exactly why.. but handles great! Night and day.

larry_arizona
06-05-2021, 09:24 PM
The 21 SA is freaking awesome! Best boat I've ever ridden (and I've ridden them ALL at this point), IMO.

I will say I was impressed stock ballast and light crew. Literally hit preset and it surfed first pull.

Going to try Wake 9’s surf numbers tomorrow evening. 9.0-9.5/2.5 goofy 9.0-9.5/-1 regular.

Got 500# lead today.

scottbailie
06-06-2021, 07:33 AM
Dank, it’s great to hear you got it dialed in, but too bad these boats aren’t delivered better setup! Can give us any more details on your trick of “covering up the vent holes” or moving the timers up the tube?

sleek98
06-06-2021, 08:03 AM
Dank, it’s great to hear you got it dialed in, but too bad these boats aren’t delivered better setup! Can give us any more details on your trick of “covering up the vent holes” or moving the timers up the tube?

It’s not the timers it’s the water cutoff.

There are 4 screws on the panel in the rear locker. Two on top two on the bottom. Take those off, grab the plastic box on the line and push it up. You will want to raise it pretty far up.

Here is a picture from when I did it a couple weekends ago.

https://i.postimg.cc/jq7wWRgH/A0078-B7-D-B7-AE-4-CC7-BFE3-0-C5-C1-B18-C3-C7.jpg (https://postimg.cc/0r92F1qj)

You will need to bleed the bags every time out. I had 1/4 of the bag as air each time. Unless you T into the vent line at the top and run another vent out of the top of the bag.

Dank
06-06-2021, 10:11 AM
Water cut off - yes, agreed (below)

But timers were also set too short.

On the air venting, I'm puzzled as to why because don't they have those new self vent bags?! The new bags definitely have new style vents that weren't on the old bags, for sure. (Not taking about the air vent cap, but the others)...

It’s not the timers it’s the water cutoff.

There are 4 screws on the panel in the rear locker. Two on top two on the bottom. Take those off, grab the plastic box on the line and push it up. You will want to raise it pretty far up.

Here is a picture from when I did it a couple weekends ago.

https://i.postimg.cc/jq7wWRgH/A0078-B7-D-B7-AE-4-CC7-BFE3-0-C5-C1-B18-C3-C7.jpg (https://postimg.cc/0r92F1qj)

You will need to bleed the bags every time out. I had 1/4 of the bag as air each time. Unless you T into the vent line at the top and run another vent out of the top of the bag.

haknslash
06-06-2021, 03:09 PM
The self vents on the stock fat sacs and WM bags since they use the same vents are not enough and frankly don’t vent worth much. Overflow vent on top is best IMO.

blay127
06-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Installed sub floor cooler ...

More info on this please!

sleek98
06-07-2021, 10:00 PM
More info on this please!

Relocate your batteries and ditch the trash can. You can fit a cooler under that hatch.

Josh828
06-08-2021, 08:52 AM
Relocate your batteries and ditch the trash can. You can fit a cooler under that hatch.

Id love to see some pics of this!

blay127
06-14-2021, 10:41 AM
But timers were also set too short.

How much did you have to change these? What are they set to?

Are the 0-100 numbers on the screen for ballast fill just a function of the timers? And then the "red dot" is when the water cutoff sensor is seeing water?

I've switched the manual switches a bunch after the bag is full trying to see if it will purge out the side of the boat and it never has. Bag is full and bled of air.

sleek98
06-14-2021, 11:32 AM
How much did you have to change these? What are they set to?

Are the 0-100 numbers on the screen for ballast fill just a function of the timers? And then the "red dot" is when the water cutoff sensor is seeing water?

I've switched the manual switches a bunch after the bag is full trying to see if it will purge out the side of the boat and it never has. Bag is full and bled of air.

I don't see how you can get the rear bags to purge unless you take off the cutoff sensor. The hose goes up and turns back down making a hump after the cutoff switch, I have been able to get the front bag to purge out the side but the cutoff switch is about level with the outlet port.

HFarr
06-14-2021, 03:44 PM
I run my pumps till they cut off, then I flip them off for a second and back on. I do this 2-3 times until water shoots out the overflows on the side of the boat. My rear port bag is always the longest to get to purge water out. If I just let the boat do it automatically, It never overflows water.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Hayden
06-14-2021, 10:16 PM
We did some more testing this weekend and I'm getting more used to Autowake and enjoying it the more I use it. I think there is huge list of things that could be messing it up for people. These are all things that we experienced as we've been learning and any one of them would give you a poor wave:

1) air still in bags when ballast says full and auto shuts itself off (as many have said, make 100% certain all air is out)

2) understand when autowake will be inactive (when you are less than 7mph, when you don't have people or weight in the right places and it gives you messages saying, "move someone to...", even when you get all of that correct you have to see it say "autowake active" for it to be actually working - rode for 5min with driver not realizing it was inactive. wave was terrible.)

3) understand that it needs to time to do all it's stuff. we were pressing buttons, like we were at wack-a-mole, thinking that the system could react like a desktop computer and I think it needs 10/20/30sec to go through countdowns, preparation, etc. we had more success and the system felt less "buggy" when we gave it some time to do its thing. I realize this sounds pretty subjective...but that's my best description until I understand it more.)

4) accidentally setting random surf tab % when you are pressing buttons too quickly and not realizing you are deploying a 5% surf tab (wave is terrible)

Last one, not specifically on Autowake but definitely want to underline it as we have quite a few new Mojo (and other) owners on here talking about it - if you are running a light crew, e.g. driver and only, say, 200-300 lbs of passengers, you will need to add weight in order to get good wave that will push a novice +200 lbs dude on a 4'8" board. On the plus side, from what I've experienced, the wave gets exponentially better with more weight but it kinda stings initially when you pay so much and don't have 8-17 people to be your ballast. If you say, well why don't they make it 5000 or 6000 lbs of stock ballast?, they could but then wouldn't be able to market it as a 17 person boat and at some point you get into a situation where, the boat can legally only have, say, 8 people on it because of stock ballast being so high and now you've got all this extra seating and the whole concept of what they're designing changes from tube/surf/ski/wake/cruise boat into surf boat for a couple people only. In that situation they've narrowed their market and you've lost a bunch of flexibility with what you can do and how many people you can bring.

Anyways, we had a great time this weekend, Autowake kicked some ass and gave us a pushy monster with a gorgeous face. We had around 1000 lbs extra lead/ballast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbyEQ4YiWBU

ragboy
06-16-2021, 02:08 AM
Hey guys, someone mentioned to me that they were having trouble with the mojo wave, and others also on this forum I think. Anyone need any help? I should be releasing a video soon, I can show some pictures and share my settings. I use AW all the time, as long as you setup the lead properly you can use AW and keep ballast very close to 100/100/100.

I have found the best settings to be:

Goofy:
5º roll
10º pitch -- you may like 8.5, but try 10-10.5 and see what you think, doesn't effect length too much, but insane push.
wakeplate, zero, zero, zero. Goofy doesn't like the WP on my boat.
speed of 11 - 11.6 mph, usually 11.4.
1000 lbs of lead.

Regular:
-1º of roll, even 0 is fine.
same pitch
wakeplate, 25 or less.
same speed and lead.

https://flic.kr/ps/odLnb

ragboy
wake9.com

cozilla
06-16-2021, 09:02 AM
Thanks Ragboy I will speak for all of us 2021 Mojo owners that we would love some of your insight into your experiences with the boat. We all have found that the boat needs at least about 1k extra over stock ballast to see its potential. Could you shed some light as to where you placed your 1k of lead?

sleek98
06-16-2021, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, someone mentioned to me that they were having trouble with the mojo wave, and others also on this forum I think. Anyone need any help? I should be releasing a video soon, I can show some pictures and share my settings. I use AW all the time, as long as you setup the lead properly you can use AW and keep ballast very close to 100/100/100.

I have found the best settings to be:

Goofy:
5º roll
10º pitch -- you may like 8.5, but try 10-10.5 and see what you think, doesn't effect length too much, but insane push.
wakeplate, zero, zero, zero. Goofy doesn't like the WP on my boat.
speed of 11 - 11.6 mph, usually 11.4.
1000 lbs of lead.

Regular:
-1º of roll, even 0 is fine.
same pitch
wakeplate, 25 or less.
same speed and lead.

https://flic.kr/ps/odLnb

ragboy
wake9.com

Thanks. I am close but I am not sure where to set the surf plate? I had it set at 70 for Regular last weekend and it was good, but always wanting to see if I can improve. I am also wonder with having flow 3 does it change the surf plate automatically? I noticed on your last video of the mojo you said have it turned on with out a # but had a number set for flow 2.

larry_arizona
06-16-2021, 10:37 AM
Thanks. I am close but I am not sure where to set the surf plate? I had it set at 70 for Regular last weekend and it was good, but always wanting to see if I can improve. I am also wonder with having flow 3 does it change the surf plate automatically? I noticed on your last video of the mojo you said have it turned on with out a # but had a number set for flow 2.

Wake plate at 70 is a wave killer.

As Robert (Ragboy) and others have mentioned run ZERO wakeplate or certainly nothing higher than 25%.

Wake plate is a feature where less is more.

I think many misunderstand the wake plate and try to use it as if it’s a MaliBU power wedge.

blay127
06-16-2021, 10:55 AM

As Robert (Ragboy) and others have mentioned run ZERO wakeplate or certainly nothing higher than 25%.

I think many misunderstand the wake plate and try to use it as if it’s a MaliBU power wedge.

i think sleek was referring to the surf plates, not the center wake plate.

sleek98
06-16-2021, 10:58 AM

Not the wake plate but the surf tab, I had the wake plate at 25. and the starboard plate at 70 for port side surfing.

I am going to move some lead around to try the 10* -1* and drop down to 10-15% wake plate settings that he is recommending.

https://i.postimg.cc/N0gMDvDP/F6-BD10-DC-7342-4-C88-8217-3-B4-FD621-EA4-B.jpg (https://postimg.cc/xX4nj7WK)

Prospersigman
06-16-2021, 11:38 AM
The only time I use the wake plate/smart plate/center plate is to clean the face of the wave up a little. In my opinion, if you have to use any more smart plate/center plate than 10-15 then you are killing your wave. I have my boat setup with the lead that on regular I am at 0 center plate/smart plate and goofy I am at 5. You need to move lead around and people around to hit the pitch and roll numbers not use the center plate/smart plate.

Hayden
06-16-2021, 11:44 AM
Surf tab % was always something I wondered about with regards to Flow3. If the amount of weight you have on surf side is arbitrary depending on who's in your boat and how much leadwake you're moving around, then wouldn't any number given on the surf tab % be dependent on how much you're rolling it before the tab even deploys?

Does AW automatically look at the roll before deploying surf tabs and only deploy what it needs to get to the preset or does it always deploy 60% if you have it set to 60%?

ragboy
06-16-2021, 11:44 PM
Couple things, I HAVE played with the surf tabs on the supra and moombas we have been on, but the defaults on those, i have found are good and you should prob leave alone. Especially IMO you shouldn't use them to try to "adjust" the wave, adjust the wave with pitch (steep, length, push) and not the surf tabs IMO. You get all of the push with the tabs deployed to default, and if you bring that up some, the wave may be a shape you like, but it won't be as powerful.

As far as the lead, first, watch this video I did:

https://youtu.be/fRX6v9QpycI

It gives great principals on how to work this out on your boat.

On the mojo, I think it least half of the 1000 lbs is up front, I will count all bags on our next outing. But its basically a simple principle, find the best pitch and roll for your wave that you want, and then place the lead so that you will be at 100/100/100 and you are surfing at that pitch/roll, and your wakeplate is NOT higher than 25. I prefer ZERO on goofy on the mojo. So there is no, "put the weight exactly here" answer. It depends where everyone is sitting for instance. When its just my wife and daughter, we have it setup perfectly. I have AW on, and sometimes one side may go down to 90, that's it. But if I bring some people on the boat, and they all sit in the back, I may move some lead up front, or tell someone to sit up there, or my pitch will be at 11.5, and it won't be that great, get it?

HTH.

cwfehr
06-17-2021, 08:47 AM
Ragboy's video on where does the lead go was a game changer for us. I have a new SL and used his video on the 18 SL as a guideline for pitch, roll ,speed and lead placement. Results were not good. Went back and watched the above video and ended up with a very different lead placement to achieve pitch and roll. I had no lead in the rear, 250 per side under mid benches near the tower and 300 in the bow. In the end like Ragboy says, you need to consider the passenger loads. Our family is 'light' and the difference in family weight shifted Ragboy's rear locker lead to the bow in our configuration to get the same results. Use the pitch and roll baselines, move lead to achieve those numbers with stock ballast near 100% in all and then tweak the wave as needed. Life is Good when the wave is killer!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

sleek98
06-17-2021, 08:51 AM
Couple things, I HAVE played with the surf tabs on the supra and moombas we have been on, but the defaults on those, i have found are good and you should prob leave alone. Especially IMO you shouldn't use them to try to "adjust" the wave, adjust the wave with pitch (steep, length, push) and not the surf tabs IMO. You get all of the push with the tabs deployed to default, and if you bring that up some, the wave may be a shape you like, but it won't be as powerful.

As far as the lead, first, watch this video I did:

https://youtu.be/fRX6v9QpycI

It gives great principals on how to work this out on your boat.

On the mojo, I think it least half of the 1000 lbs is up front, I will count all bags on our next outing. But its basically a simple principle, find the best pitch and roll for your wave that you want, and then place the lead so that you will be at 100/100/100 and you are surfing at that pitch/roll, and your wakeplate is NOT higher than 25. I prefer ZERO on goofy on the mojo. So there is no, "put the weight exactly here" answer. It depends where everyone is sitting for instance. When its just my wife and daughter, we have it setup perfectly. I have AW on, and sometimes one side may go down to 90, that's it. But if I bring some people on the boat, and they all sit in the back, I may move some lead up front, or tell someone to sit up there, or my pitch will be at 11.5, and it won't be that great, get it?

HTH.

Thanks. I have watched your video a couple times and I believe I have that down. I had been playing with the surf tabs just to see what difference they would make, and now I don't remember what the factory settings were. I am guessing 60 for regular surfing and 70 for goofy?

Going out again tomorrow, I will drop the wake plate down to 10, and move a little lead from the bow to the stern to get my 9 pitch up to 10. as well as moving some from port to starboard to get me closer to -1 vs -1.5

Thanks for all the help. I think with these couple tweaks it will be even better than last weekend.

ragboy
06-17-2021, 11:09 AM
Your welcome, I would love to know what you think if you like the pitch up around 10.

KnoxMojo
06-17-2021, 11:30 AM
Your welcome, I would love to know what you think if you like the pitch up around 10.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have ya! Still would love to come up and ride with you guys or stop in by our house to take mine out. I see you have kinda changed on the %50 wake plate neutral thinking. What led to that? Just more dialing in? Always great to read and watch your thoughts.

Dank
06-17-2021, 02:48 PM
First of all, it's an honor to have you on here!!

Secondly, thanks for all you do and the videos.

But yes, I noticed last time out the pitch at more around 10 is FANTASTIC!! It's funny because it was so good that when I got back from the lake I was going to DM you and ask what you are thought about it. I assumed you would say it was too high.. LOL.

As mentioned, got the wave fixed up and dialed in, and I am happy to report it is ahhhmmaaazingg. Seriously one of (if not the) best waves I've ever ridden. Beautiful shape / lip and very very clean. I sent you pictures on FB of the wave and everyone airing it out now. Great push front to back... can't wait to get even more lead.

One thing I will say though... is last time out, everything was great.. shut the boat off, switched out riders.. (changed NOTHINg).. got going again and the wave was complete trash.. we spent the better part of an hour going through Everything all over again... only then I remembered that when I first got my max, if you didn't allow it to "boot up" though the entire Moomba boot up screen, the plates would be all "out of synch".... so...

Shut it back off (even put battery to off).. rebooted, allowing it to fully restart... and voila!! We had a bad ass clean wave again! Not sure what it is but the plates can get out of "synch"... weird!
So the advice for your boat is now the same as your computer "when in doubt reboot"... hope that helps someone. Wondering if we had the same issue first time out and just didn't realize it?

Thirdly - not sure what the experience has been here, but in the Facebook Moomba owners page .. LOTS of new 2021 Mojos are having alternators die? Most less than 20-40 hours in... Maybe just a bad batch.. but something to definitely keep an eye on, pay attention to.

Thanks again for everything!

Dank
06-17-2021, 02:54 PM
I will also say.... They hit it out of the park with the new mojo . Thing is a home run.

blay127
06-17-2021, 09:36 PM
Thirdly - not sure what the experience has been here, but in the Facebook Moomba owners page .. LOTS of new 2021 Mojos are having alternators die? Most less than 20-40 hours in... Maybe just a bad batch.. but something to definitely keep an eye on, pay attention to

Link to this discussion?

endotiger
06-17-2021, 11:03 PM
Love seeing all this discussion on weight and wave setup! I have a new 2021 SL450 (picked it up about three weeks ago). I have 1000 lbs of lead and we've usually had a moderate crew of 5-7 people. I want to surf at about 11.3 or 11.4 but the boat STRUGGLES to get there. Sometimes it simply can't do it. I've been slowly moving more weight toward the bow to the point that there's only 100 lbs in each rear locker. That has helped some, but it's still a struggle. I've had to start adding center plate to help the boat reach speed, but of course this is counter-productive for maximum displacement and the best wave. Is this normal? I really didn't realize that the power margin would be so slim for surfing.

2in2out
06-17-2021, 11:20 PM
Love seeing all this discussion on weight and wave setup! I have a new 2021 SL450 (picked it up about three weeks ago). I have 1000 lbs of lead and we've usually had a moderate crew of 5-7 people. I want to surf at about 11.3 or 11.4 but the boat STRUGGLES to get there. Sometimes it simply can't do it. I've been slowly moving more weight toward the bow to the point that there's only 100 lbs in each rear locker. That has helped some, but it's still a struggle. I've had to start adding center plate to help the boat reach speed, but of course this is counter-productive for maximum displacement and the best wave. Is this normal? I really didn't realize that the power margin would be so slim for surfing.

Prop! What altitude are you at, and what prop are you using?

An Acme 3591 is great for altitude hi or low. It’s a stump puller. I’ll sell you an unused one with puller for $800.

2in2out
06-17-2021, 11:50 PM

If you have 5-7 people lose 50# of lead per person.

Tommy2slow
06-18-2021, 12:30 AM
Are surfing at a lake more than 2000’ above sea level? If so you need to change your prop to one with less pitch. Maybe something in the 13-14. Pitch range. If you are not at a high altitude and your boat is struggling with only 1000 extra pounds and a medium sized crew I think you might have an issue with the boat that your dealer should be made aware of.

dakota4ce
06-18-2021, 04:37 AM
Are surfing at a lake more than 2000’ above sea level? If so you need to change your prop to one with less pitch. Maybe something in the 13-14. Pitch range. If you are not at a high altitude and your boat is struggling with only 1000 extra pounds and a medium sized crew I think you might have an issue with the boat that your dealer should be made aware of.

16/15 acme prop is the prop for that boat. Check to see what you have!

Betting you have the 16/17 and it’s a hard pull. I had to switch mine too.

larry_arizona
06-18-2021, 09:27 AM
For 2021, Supra offered these 3 props for the 400/450’s

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210618/71ffd35b34a9205ed22b2690685d5649.jpg

The 16x13.9 is a prop specifically developed with Skier’s Choice and ACME for the 400/450 1.76 combo.

I am running the 16x13.9 currently and love it.

HFarr
06-18-2021, 10:28 AM
Wow!! You definitely either have the 17 pitch prop(or possibly higher from what you say it's doing, but if it's factory then probably 17). Or, you have something wrong with the motor. I have a 400 in my 24.5' long Makai and have easily hit surf speeds no problem at all with 4k of ballast and 16 fully grown ( and a few extra grown) adults on there. I have an OJ 15.5 X 15 prop. It hardly struggles. The 450 should have no problem getting there. I am betting on the prop.

sleek98
06-18-2021, 05:36 PM
Holy cow. At 10* -1 and 1800# total in people/lead I was on the brakes so hard that I ended up swapping my board from a twin to a single fin. I even forgot to have my wife drop the wake plate from 25 to 10. Surf plate was at 65. Had my wife speed up to 11.5 and it felt like the wake was 20 foot long. We had to drop the pitch for my wife to 9 as she couldn’t stay off the transom of the boat even standing on the brake, after we dropped the nose she was golden.

So much fun. Left autowake on and moved weight around to offset where it dumped. After moving to lead once it kept it at 99/100 all around.

larry_arizona
06-18-2021, 05:45 PM
It’s an awesome feeling when you get the wave dialed in. Congrats!!!

HFarr
06-18-2021, 05:57 PM
Holy cow. At 10* -1 and 1800# total in people/lead I was on the brakes so hard that I ended up swapping my board from a twin to a single fin. I even forgot to have my wife drop the wake plate from 25 to 10. Surf plate was at 65. Had my wife speed up to 11.5 and it felt like the wake was 20 foot long. We had to drop the pitch for my wife to 9 as she couldn’t stay off the transom of the boat even standing on the brake, after we dropped the nose she was golden.

So much fun. Left autowake on and moved weight around to offset where it dumped. After moving to lead once it kept it at 99/100 all around.Got any photos? Sounds awesome

sleek98
06-18-2021, 07:18 PM
Not right now, have a couple videos but they are not a good angle. I didn’t setup the GoPro, was messing with the lead and forgot.

I’ll setup the GoPro tomorrow and get some clean pictures of just the wave and upload them.

endotiger
06-18-2021, 09:28 PM
Thanks for info everyone! Extremely helpful. Yep, I checked today and it's the 17 pitch. Very frustrated here. I completely understand the concept of prop pitch and how it relates to speed, rpm, torque, etc. But I have zero knowledge of the specific numbers that work for these boats. Soooo, I've bought a boat for surfing with a prop that's not well-suited for that purpose, and I could have had the correct prop for only an additional $80 msrp! I would certainly expect better counsel from a dealer for a purchase as large as this.

larry_arizona
06-18-2021, 09:32 PM
Thanks for info. Yep, I checked today and it's the 17 pitch. Very frustrated here. I completely understand the concept of prop pitch and how it relates to speed, rpm, torque, etc. But I have zero knowledge of the specific numbers that work for these boats. Soooo, I've bought a boat for surfing with a prop that's not well-suited for that purpose, and I could have had the correct prop for only an additional $80 msrp! I would certainly expect better counsel from a dealer when we're dealing with this large of a purchase.

What elevation are you at?

endotiger
06-18-2021, 09:37 PM
Maybe around 500 ft. Certainly less than 1000 ft.

larry_arizona
06-18-2021, 09:39 PM
Maybe around 500 ft. Certainly less than 1000 ft.

Cool, then get the ACME 16x13.9 and keep the 16x17 as a spare.

You will lose some top end mph, but nobody likes 40+mph anyways.

2in2out
06-18-2021, 10:20 PM
Cool, then get the ACME 16x13.9 and keep the 16x17 as a spare.

You will lose some top end mph, but nobody likes 40+mph anyways.

I’ve got a brand spanking new one of those with a weekend saver kit. $800 shipped.

TXSurf4
06-18-2021, 11:48 PM
I’ve got a brand spanking new one of those with a weekend saver kit. $800 shipped.

That is a solid deal [emoji1360]

ragboy
06-19-2021, 01:26 AM
Hey guys, 2 things, all good stuff, but some important information. First, I decided this time I was going to pay more attention to my surf tabs and maybe play around a little. Then I looked about to do goofy and the wave was messed up. This has happened before and I switched from goofy to reg, and then back, and most of the time this fixes it, but I noticed, the port tab (which makes the goofy wave) was at like 90, which I know isn't right. WTF? I texted 2 of my factory contacts and asked what defaults were, and I was watching, the port tab was changing in front of me, and I wasn't doing anything. So I manually set it to 70. 70 for port tab (makes goofy) and 60 for stbd tab are the default, and I played with them, and they work great, no need to touch them IMO. BUT, the goofy one was moving, I realized this must be why sometimes I get a finicky goofy wave, or inconsistent. So I paid attention, and sure enough, every time I saw weirdness, the plate moved. I paid close attention and kept it at the 70 which worked fantastic, and it was great. Not only was the wave great, it was consistent. So consistent, that my goofy roll setting has been 5º and I changed it to 4º. I could now consistently get a clean wave on goofy at 4º. I was ecstatic.

Matt told me there can be an issue with voltage that could cause this. He told me if I saw this happening, put battery to all, which should help resolve. Another good tip is to go to settings and retract the tabs at the begin of your session just to make sure they are fully retracted.

The factory is tracking this. I think this doesn't seem to effect regular so much, because if it does happen with reg, that side is just so much more forgiving.

Happy surfing guys. Luckily I am less than 10 mins from the ramp and going 1-2x per week and testing this stuff.

Oh, one more thing, at 4º on goofy, I noticed the wave had a better lip and J was getting bigger airs.

sleek98
06-19-2021, 12:50 PM
Got any photos? Sounds awesome

https://i.postimg.cc/PJZjNxxr/65-C52532-C714-490-A-BCFB-9-BD59129-FE8-D.jpg (https://postimg.cc/9wWSncZv)

surf603
06-20-2021, 08:14 PM
Picked up our new 2021 Mojo about a week ago. Wave was mediocre at best, OK push but very washed out. Dialed in the Wake9 pitch and roll but was still really sloppy. Finally noticed that the default surf tab setting was pretty far off from the the recommended. Default was 90, but when we set it to 70 (Strbd) for a regular surfer the wave really cleaned up / huge improvement. Much happier with the new tab setting!!!! Recommend everyone double check that setting.

However, I did notice that there is a ~10 degree difference between the set point and the reading. I saw mention of this in another post, but never saw a response. Any advice here?

sleek98
06-20-2021, 08:34 PM
However, I did notice that there is a ~10 degree difference between the set point and the reading. I saw mention of this in another post, but never saw a response. Any advice here?

I have been having the same issue, I got it to match the settings once today but then later in the afternoon it went back to being 10 off on both sides. Sometimes it’s 10 high other times it’s 10 low. I would really like to get this resolved.

HFarr
06-20-2021, 08:51 PM
Mine does similar on the settings being off. Some one else having same problem said when they used the screen to select surf side instead of the toggle switch, they matched. I was going to try this on mine this weekend, but got rained out.

sleek98
06-20-2021, 10:12 PM
Mine does similar on the settings being off. Some one else having same problem said when they used the screen to select surf side instead of the toggle switch, they matched. I was going to try this on mine this weekend, but got rained out.

I tried that and it didn’t make a difference. I got it to match for a little bit but it reverted back to being off. I am wondering if it could be a voltage issue?

TXSurf4
06-21-2021, 10:06 AM
All of you guys that are having an issue with the setting being off....what position are you running your batteries in?

sleek98
06-21-2021, 10:16 AM
I run the switch down, which I believe is both batteries.

blay127
06-21-2021, 11:20 AM
I run it on just one battery

Jon
06-21-2021, 11:44 AM
2021 boats with the 7" screen have what is called displacement integration. The boat looks at the level of the draft sensor and decides where to position the surf plates in relation to the set point. If you turn AutoWake on, there are 3 levels of the amplitude display. If the actual displacement is in the lower third of the amplitude display, the Flow system will deploy at 10% less than the setpoint value (less weight in the boat means less deployment to gain lean). If the actual displacement is in the middle third of the amplitude display, the Flow system will deploy at the setpoint value. If the actual displacement is in the top third of the amplitude display, the Flow system will deploy at 10% more than the setpoint value (more weight in the boat means more deployment to gain lean). There is a way to adjust these settings should you choose to do so. See your dealer for those details.

Also on 2021's, if equipped with the dual battery option you should run on both batteries during normal use.

TXSurf4
06-21-2021, 12:17 PM
2021 boats with the 7" screen have what is called displacement integration. The boat looks at the level of the draft sensor and decides where to position the surf plates in relation to the set point. If you turn AutoWake on, there are 3 levels of the amplitude display. If the actual displacement is in the lower third of the amplitude display, the Flow system will deploy at 10% less than the setpoint value (less weight in the boat means less deployment to gain lean). If the actual displacement is in the middle third of the amplitude display, the Flow system will deploy at the setpoint value. If the actual displacement is in the top third of the amplitude display, the Flow system will deploy at 10% more than the setpoint value (more weight in the boat means more deployment to gain lean). There is a way to adjust these settings should you choose to do so. See your dealer for those details.

Also on 2021's, if equipped with the dual battery option you should run on both batteries during normal use.
Is this the same for flow 2.0 vs 3.0?

Jon
06-21-2021, 12:31 PM
Is this the same for flow 2.0 vs 3.0?

Yes. But I guess I should add on the Flow 3.... on the displacement integration it affects the deployment of the yaw plate (Flow 3.0) as well. If amplitude is in the bottom 3rd, the yaw plate will not deploy. If amplitude is in the middle third, the yaw plate will go to 50%. If amplitude is in the top third, the yaw plate will go to 100%.

sleek98
06-21-2021, 12:35 PM
Yes. But I guess I should add on the Flow 3.... on the displacement integration it affects the deployment of the yaw plate (Flow 3.0) as well. If amplitude is in the bottom 3rd, the yaw plate will not deploy. If amplitude is in the middle third, the yaw plate will go to 50%. If amplitude is in the top third, the yaw plate will go to 100%.

That helps a ton. Thanks for the information.

Hayden
06-21-2021, 01:34 PM
That helps a ton. Thanks for the information.

Agreed. Love seeing SC on these boards. Time well spent in my opinion :)

TXSurf4
06-21-2021, 01:43 PM

Great Info!! Thanks for the input!

TXSurf4
06-21-2021, 01:48 PM
Agreed. Love seeing SC on these boards. Time well spent in my opinion :)

Couldn't agree more!! Makes me wonder where ole Goose has been?

Jon
06-21-2021, 02:09 PM
Couldn't agree more!! Makes me wonder where ole Goose has been?

Goose is still around. We've just all been very tied up with model year change coming soon.

TXSurf4
06-21-2021, 02:36 PM
Goose is still around. We've just all been very tied up with model year change coming soon.

Glad to hear that!! Ya I know this and boat show season are always busy for yall.

surf603
06-21-2021, 08:31 PM

Great explanation, thanks! So what is the expected "default" setting? Mine came from the factory with a default of 90, but my wave is cleaner set to 70 - which is where I see several others running theirs.

Jon
06-21-2021, 09:13 PM
Great explanation, thanks! So what is the expected "default" setting? Mine came from the factory with a default of 90, but my wave is cleaner set to 70 - which is where I see several others running theirs.

A Flow 2 equipped boat should come from the factory at 60/70 port/starboard. A Flow 3 boat performs really good at 45/55.

mojoylw
06-21-2021, 10:10 PM

My amp gauge always shows at the bottom once my ballast are full doest matter if i have 15 people or 2. Didn’t really worry about it because i dont use auto wake. But is this make my flow 3 not kick in at all?

sleek98
06-21-2021, 10:51 PM
A Flow 2 equipped boat should come from the factory at 60/70 port/starboard. A Flow 3 boat performs really good at 45/55.

Is that port/starboard tab or surf side I always thought goofy side took more plate to clean up the wake? I think mine came at 60/70 with flow 3 but I will drop it to 45/55 to see what it looks like.

Jon
06-22-2021, 08:25 AM
Is that port/starboard tab or surf side I always thought goofy side took more plate to clean up the wake? I think mine came at 60/70 with flow 3 but I will drop it to 45/55 to see what it looks like.

Sorry, I'm so used to typing it like this I should have explained more. When I say 60/70 I am meaning 60% deployment of the starboard flow tab when surfing on the port side and then 70% port flow tab deployment when surfing on the starboard side. Same things for 45/55.

Jon
06-22-2021, 08:28 AM
My amp gauge always shows at the bottom once my ballast are full doest matter if i have 15 people or 2. Didn’t really worry about it because i dont use auto wake. But is this make my flow 3 not kick in at all?

You should get your dealer to check out the amplitude gauge. Most likely something is going on with your draft sensor. This is the number one thing I watch when I'm using a boat, regardless of whether I'm using AutoWake or not. It's the key for creating consistent wakes each time you go out. This could definitely affect your Flow 3 system if you have a 2021 unless your dealer has programmed around it.

sleek98
06-22-2021, 09:29 AM
Sorry, I'm so used to typing it like this I should have explained more. When I say 60/70 I am meaning 60% deployment of the starboard flow tab when surfing on the port side and then 70% port flow tab deployment when surfing on the starboard side. Same things for 45/55.

Thanks for the help and extra explanation.

jnr4817
06-22-2021, 04:14 PM
How different is the 2018 Mojo Hull from the 2021? Meaning with flow 2.0 and if they are weighted equally. Will the same surf tab and center tab % or setting be equal? Can you match the pitch and roll and yaw and come out with an equal wave? I’ve got my wave dialed with the 2018 and a total ballast weight of 4780 pounds plus 1 driver and 1 surfer. I don’t have autowake so I’m doing this all manually. It would be nice to compare wave characteristics with model year and hull design with flow 2.0. Thanks for any discussion. My current settings are pitch 9-10*, roll -2-3*, haven’t measured yaw. Full ballast with lead spread around to get pitch and roll. We surf regular. Surf tab 55-70 and center tab 5-15. All depends if fuel onboard and any extra crew. Godfy side surf tab is 80-90.

Jon
06-22-2021, 09:41 PM
How different is the 2018 Mojo Hull from the 2021? Meaning with flow 2.0 and if they are weighted equally. Will the same surf tab and center tab % or setting be equal? Can you match the pitch and roll and yaw and come out with an equal wave? I’ve got my wave dialed with the 2018 and a total ballast weight of 4780 pounds plus 1 driver and 1 surfer. I don’t have autowake so I’m doing this all manually. It would be nice to compare wave characteristics with model year and hull design with flow 2.0. Thanks for any discussion. My current settings are pitch 9-10*, roll -2-3*, haven’t measured yaw. Full ballast with lead spread around to get pitch and roll. We surf regular. Surf tab 55-70 and center tab 5-15. All depends if fuel onboard and any extra crew. Godfy side surf tab is 80-90.

The 2021 and 2018 Mojo hulls are different but they also have a lot of similarities. The 60/70 Flow 2 positions would still apply to the 2018.

If the total displacement of the 2018 and 2021 are equal and you get each running at the same angles, the surf waves should be very similar.

surf603
06-24-2021, 08:18 PM

Tried surfing the regular side with a port side surf tab setting of 45 - it was fantastic. Very clean wave! Thanks Jon!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210625/e52706da0803361b3b91eae5546bcee8.jpg

Bigs28
06-29-2021, 03:59 PM
I went and tested my new 21 mojo today and brought her home. We never touched autowake. Filled bags to 100% set center tab at 20, used stock surf tab setting at 60 for surfing port side, set cruise to 10mph and instant wave and push. Surfed easy. Dropped rope within 10 seconds. Wave was long to. Im now home and it's raining and lightning so i can't put her in the water to take pictures yet.

Josh828
06-29-2021, 04:17 PM
What speeds are y’all running? I’m finding myself going faster and faster each outing
10.8-11 for port side
11.6-11.8 for goofy

ragboy
07-01-2021, 11:40 AM
Guys, I now have a perfectly consistent wave 100% of the time. Here is a video showing results:

https://youtu.be/TZNOoPW3O8M

The explanation is 2 things.

1. The new 2021 Displacement Integration system wasn't working as it should due to a draft sensor that was installed too high.
2. The system makes a decision regarding surf tabs that I don't quite agree with, after much testing and experience.

The great news is that SC built in settings (dealer menu) that allow these settings to be updated that allowed me to "calibrate" for my sensor issue, and remove the offset/decision made by the system for the surf tabs.

I detail what I did in the settings in this post. I hope this helps:

https://wake9.com/summer-of-mojo

Dank
07-01-2021, 12:30 PM
This is awesome!!!!!!

Just reading for the first time - and a bit confused..

When you say you can change the settings on the fly, where are the settings for displacement integration (0,1,2)?? Under What menu?

And where (what menu) can you adjust the flow 2 offsets?

I don’t recall seeing either of these two options?? Maybe I didn’t dig deep enough??

Under dealer settings? You need the code, right?

Assuming these can all be done without the dealership ?

Maybe a quick 1 minute iPhone video tutorial of these settings?

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!

Guys, I now have a perfectly consistent wave 100% of the time. Here is a video showing results:

1. The new 2021 Displacement Integration system wasn't working as it should due to a draft sensor that was installed too high.
2. The system makes a decision regarding surf tabs that I don't quite agree with, after much testing and experience.

The great news is that SC built in settings (dealer menu) that allow these settings to be updated that allowed me to "calibrate" for my sensor issue, and remove the offset/decision made by the system for the surf tabs.

RC_Hinojosa
07-01-2021, 12:30 PM

https://wake9.com/summer-of-mojoRobert, thank you for the write up and review!

Can't wait to get my Mojo built!! [emoji1687]

Holdmybeer
07-01-2021, 12:38 PM
Robert, thank you for the write up and review!

Can't wait to get my Mojo built!! [emoji1687]

Thought you were going to rock that Heyday.....lmao!

RC_Hinojosa
07-01-2021, 12:39 PM
Thought you were going to rock that Heyday.....lmao!I swung by the Heyday dealership and they said the WTs have been flying off the lots so fast, I'd have to wait for a 2023 [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Hayden
07-01-2021, 02:56 PM

Thanks for the info Robert.

Dank
07-01-2021, 04:31 PM
Quick update on this - spoke with Robert and it sounds like this is something only the dealer can do. :???:

But, regardless, this is huge and will do it ASAP.

Great work Robert!!

Josh828
07-01-2021, 05:52 PM
Wrote it all down on my note pad! Glad I'm not the only one running 11mph+

boating406
07-01-2021, 06:58 PM
How do you see the 0-2 value to double check the draft sensor?

TXSurf4
07-01-2021, 08:46 PM
Quick update on this - spoke with Robert and it sounds like this is something only the dealer can do. :???:

Does that apply to the Flow 2.0 section as well?

Dank
07-01-2021, 10:02 PM
Yes, I believe so.

Does that apply to the Flow 2.0 section as well?

Dank
07-01-2021, 10:04 PM
Not exactly sure.

Also not something you can access via your normal screen. Dealer needs to do it.

How do you see the 0-2 value to double check the draft sensor?

Dank
07-06-2021, 12:04 PM
Quick update: ……Ok, I just want to thank Ragboy for all the advice on the 21 Mojo setup. I followed his recipe to a “T” today and it was AWESOME! We used autowake for the first time EVER.. and it actually worked! Wasn’t dumping ballast!

Instead, we had a CLEAN, consistent, beautiful wave all day for the first time ever! THANK YOU SIR!!!!! From now on - Just set it and forget it!!

Ps - Keep in mind - regarding the tab settings, if you think your draft sensor is OK, no additional steps necessary. Our tabs stayed rock solid throughout the day, so assuming our sensor is fine.

Josh828
07-22-2021, 09:10 AM
Heard of a few guys around talking about upgrading their ballast this winter, anyone done anything yet?
Im thinking about some quick self fill bags with a throw over pump. These will really only be used for those early morning sessions when I'm basically alone.

Bow bag- I could lose this storage, the anchor storage could really fit a large fat bag in there or try to find a U shaped bag. Wouldn't also be opposed to one that goes under the middle bow seat and sits in the floor but doubt it will be enough weight. Also the bow bag could be used with a smaller crew so no one has to sit up in the bow alone.

Rear bags- Im not opposed to having something that just sits in the floor. Even kinda liked the thought of the large floor bags if you can walk on them some

Not even looking into plumbing anything in yet, unless someone has just figured it out already because that would be the long term plan

sleek98
07-22-2021, 09:37 AM
Heard of a few guys around talking about upgrading their ballast this winter, anyone done anything yet?
Im thinking about some quick self fill bags with a throw over pump. These will really only be used for those early morning sessions when I'm basically alone.

Bow bag- I could lose this storage, the anchor storage could really fit a large fat bag in there or try to find a U shaped bag. Wouldn't also be opposed to one that goes under the middle bow seat and sits in the floor but doubt it will be enough weight. Also the bow bag could be used with a smaller crew so no one has to sit up in the bow alone.

Rear bags- Im not opposed to having something that just sits in the floor. Even kinda liked the thought of the large floor bags if you can walk on them some

Not even looking into plumbing anything in yet, unless someone has just figured it out already because that would be the long term plan

Hayden and I have the measurements worked out, and he already has the custom bags made and installed, for 1800# rears. Stocks are 1,400#. We both also have midship bags plumbed in under the seats. His feed off the middle of the custom rear bags. Mine feed off the top of the factory rear bags.

Hayden has 2 bow bags that he manually fills to 300ish total pounds. I run 200-400# of lead up there depending on whos surfing.

Custom rear bags will run you around 900 for the bags and fittings. Midship bags are around 350-400 depending on how you install it.

Josh828
07-22-2021, 09:47 AM
Hayden and I have the measurements worked out, and he already has the custom bags made and installed, for 1800# rears. Stocks are 1,400#. We both also have midship bags plumbed in under the seats. His feed off the middle of the custom rear bags. Mine feed off the top of the factory rear bags.

Hayden has 2 bow bags that he manually fills to 300ish total pounds. I run 200-400# of lead up there depending on whos surfing.

Custom rear bags will run you around 900 for the bags and fittings. Midship bags are around 350-400 depending on how you install it.

$900 for 800lbs is great! Is wake makers working on making this a thing for 21 mojo or is this something that just has to be done on their builder?

I think I would rather avoid Midship bags due to I use that storage a lot.

Custom bow bags would be huge as I think I would actually use it the most

sleek98
07-22-2021, 10:10 AM
$900 for 800lbs is great! Is wake makers working on making this a thing for 21 mojo or is this something that just has to be done on their builder?

I think I would rather avoid Midship bags due to I use that storage a lot.

Custom bow bags would be huge as I think I would actually use it the most

Just had flyhigh custom make the bags. If your not wanting midship bags then the rear bags could be a little cheaper since you wont need the ports/fittings for them either.

TXSurf4
07-22-2021, 10:17 AM

Am I reading this wrong.......... are you saying the Mojo has 1,400# rear locker bags stock? or are they 1,000# with a 400# bag plumbed in under the floor of the bench seat like on the Makai?

sleek98
07-22-2021, 10:30 AM
Am I reading this wrong.......... are you saying the Mojo has 1,400# rear locker bags stock? or are they 1,000# with a 400# bag plumbed in under the floor of the bench seat like on the Makai?

They are L shaped bags from the factory and they are 1,400#.

The long leg runs under the bench seat and the top section thats taller fills up some of the locker space in the rear. You can add quite a bit of height to the rear bag if you dont want to use the bin.

This is the stock bag.
https://i.postimg.cc/tTLsrcTn/9-D899-F17-2035-4067-8-E91-DA25-F90-BC29-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/YGz20bQt)

Here is the video Hayden did with both bags blown up next to each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoNT9m2NQYU&ab_channel=HaydenBreeze

TXSurf4
07-22-2021, 10:48 AM
They are L shaped bags from the factory and they are 1,400#.

The long leg runs under the bench seat and the top section thats taller fills up some of the locker space in the rear. You can add quite a bit of height to the rear bag if you dont want to use the bin.

This is the stock bag.
https://i.postimg.cc/tTLsrcTn/9-D899-F17-2035-4067-8-E91-DA25-F90-BC29-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/YGz20bQt)

Here is the video Hayden did with both bags blown up next to each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoNT9m2NQYU&ab_channel=HaydenBreeze

That is awesome!! I assume the long leg that goes forward in a sort of tunnel under the bench seat and is still under a removable floor so there is storage under the bench seats? If so that is a great design and I wonder if they will or have adopted that for the Makai. My 2019 Makai factory has a 1,000# rear locker bag and then piggy backed off of that is a 400# bag that is under the removable floor under the bench seats. I like the L shape design way better as I am about to install my 1,345# bags in the rear and I am putting a top vent T'd into the over flow so that I don't have to burp my bags any more but I am trying to figure a way to do the same for the 400# bags as well. The L shaped bag eliminates the need to have a vent on the 400# bag which is awesome! On a side note how does Wake Makers not have replacements for the Mojo yet?

sleek98
07-22-2021, 10:56 AM
That is awesome!! I assume the long leg that goes forward in a sort of tunnel under the bench seat and is still under a removable floor so there is storage under the bench seats? If so that is a great design and I wonder if they will or have adopted that for the Makai. My 2019 Makai factory has a 1,000# rear locker bag and then piggy backed off of that is a 400# bag that is under the removable floor under the bench seats. I like the L shape design way better as I am about to install my 1,345# bags in the rear and I am putting a top vent T'd into the over flow so that I don't have to burp my bags any more but I am trying to figure a way to do the same for the 400# bags as well. The L shaped bag eliminates the need to have a vent on the 400# bag which is awesome! On a side note how does Wake Makers not have replacements for the Mojo yet?

Last time I called they had not had one in to scan. That was in May so it may have changed since then. The floor under the mojo midship is not removable, there is an access cover at the front of the section so you can pull the bag up all the way but that is it.

One thing I have noticed with moving lead around in the Mojo is if you add the custom bags in the back you will likely need to throw a good amount of weight in the bow to get it back down under 10*. My wife likes it near 9* and with 300# of lead under each rear bag I needed my other 400# of lead and both of our kids (100#) sitting up front to get the nose down near 9* where she likes it. I have since pulled the lead out from under the bags since I cant figure out what fitting is leaking and I dont want them to rust. Last time out I just piled up the lead near the sliding back seat.

Josh828
07-22-2021, 11:01 AM
Yeah I can tell with just passengers you need weight in the bow. Thats why I was thinking if I could get tons of weight up front I could use it to adjust pitch.
Then just slam the back accordingly.

I know its mixed reviews again but what about throwing a sack on top of the stock bags? Fine as long as no fittings are in the way?

sleek98
07-22-2021, 11:05 AM
Yeah I can tell with just passengers you need weight in the bow. Thats why I was thinking if I could get tons of weight up front I could use it to adjust pitch.
Then just slam the back accordingly.

I know its mixed reviews again but what about throwing a sack on top of the stock bags? Fine as long as no fittings are in the way?

With no rear bins then you would be fine to toss a bag on it. The problem comes when you try to plumb it into the rear bags your sitting on fittings.

Hayden
07-22-2021, 11:33 AM
Here are the files I sent to Fatsac (for 2021 Mojo) to have the 1800 lbs bags made. I dealt with Benjamin Seipel. I take no responsibility for anyone who uses this stuff but I've been trying to document everything I've done so you can decide for yourselves whether it's worth it or not.

https://i.imgur.com/ecG4EbA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aLKNOtv.jpg

boating406
07-22-2021, 01:44 PM
Where does the universal bags go that linked to your rear bags?

Hayden
07-22-2021, 01:46 PM
Where does the universal bags go that linked to your rear bags?

Under the midships seats. Here is a vid that explains it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STAFomJxfx0&ab_channel=HaydenBreeze

Josh828
07-22-2021, 05:46 PM
Here are the files I sent to Fatsac (for 2021 Mojo) to have the 1800 lbs bags made. I dealt with Benjamin Seipel. I take no responsibility for anyone who uses this stuff but I've been trying to document everything I've done so you can decide for yourselves whether it's worth it or not.

https://i.imgur.com/ecG4EbA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aLKNOtv.jpg

This is PERFECT thanks so much! Now I'm thinking about doing the under seats and just have a valve to decide. When loaded and everyones crap is in there can leave valve shut. When going out empty can fill it up.

So what is your total ballast weight?

2x 1800 rears
1x 1200 factory bow
2x under midship seat bags #200?
2x fill and play bags you throw in the bow? #250?

Hayden
07-22-2021, 07:32 PM
Midships are 2x 400 lbs according to wakemakers and the bow bags I estimate are around 2x 150 lbs. I should be at 6500 lbs with driver and 11.3k lbs total with boat weight.

boating406
07-22-2021, 07:52 PM
Under the midships seats. Here is a vid that explains it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STAFomJxfx0&ab_channel=HaydenBreeze

Thanks great video.

Hayden
07-25-2021, 11:16 AM
Finally was able to get out and film some wave action. I'm 165 lbs and board is 4.6. (This is footage from before alternator failed.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX8WQy6qUNc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22OoUGhv4ZY

cozilla
07-26-2021, 09:48 AM
Looks awesome Hayden! Nice work on the custom bags and extra ballast.

cozilla
07-26-2021, 01:53 PM
Anyone else have an issue where their amplitude bar bottoms out intermittently? For instance we will be in the top third then it will drop to the absolute bottom which affects the plate position and the wave suffers. I saw the wake9 vid and writeup. It sounds like I might need to have the dealer check it out but wanted to check here as well.

TXSurf4
07-26-2021, 02:17 PM
Anyone else have an issue where their amplitude bar bottoms out intermittently? For instance we will be in the top third then it will drop to the absolute bottom which affects the plate position and the wave suffers. I saw the wake9 vid and writeup. It sounds like I might need to have the dealer check it out but wanted to check here as well.

Yes I have this issue. I will have the boat slammed and the amplitude bar at the very top do a couple of pulls and then notice it is at the very bottom like I am empty. Wonder what the cause of this is?

cozilla
07-26-2021, 05:05 PM
@TXSurf4 are your shutting down the boat or turning off the battery when this happens to get it back to normal? Its weird because it will bottom out but then after a bit go back up.

TXSurf4
07-26-2021, 05:30 PM
@TXSurf4 are your shutting down the boat or turning off the battery when this happens to get it back to normal? Its weird because it will bottom out but then after a bit go back up.

I am not doing anything and just ignore it. I notice the same as you though.

surf603
07-26-2021, 07:26 PM
Same here, saw it today. Also had an instance where the center plate was stuck at 50, had to turn off and back on to get the ability to move it again. Definitely seems to be some SW bugs. On a similar note, it’s great that we can set surf tab defaults for regular and goofy, along with speed, but why can’t we set the center plate? Ive had a couple runs where it stayed at a previous setting of 75….which is not good!

Josh828
07-26-2021, 09:29 PM
Same amp bar problems here.
Also yeah I hate having to remember to raise the wake plate to 0 every single time

Hayden
07-27-2021, 06:12 PM
Yes. I have the amp bar issue (randomly showing different levels), the wp not remembering that it should be either 0 goofy or 15 regular, and the flow3 plates not swapping when you swap port/stbd surfer.

haknslash
07-31-2021, 08:38 AM
I don’t think smart plate remembers if you’re left or right. It only remember what the setting is so long as you didn’t disengage cruise/speed control.

Hayden
07-31-2021, 12:44 PM
Quick update on another mod we needed to do since we added the 1800 lbs bags to our mojo:

Due to our larger custom bag install (see previous videos) we needed to upgrade our engine dividers. This video shows how we added angle iron reinforcement. We used a 30" length of 1" x 1/8" angle iron for the two main pieces and then a smaller piece of flatbar 1/8" to act as the washer for two new holes we drilled across the bottom. For each piece of angle iron we reused three of the the existing screws. All parts sourced from local hardware store. It took us around 2 hours to measure/drill/cut the first one and then maybe 1 hour to finish the other 3 by just copying the whole patterns and cut lengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHZ5C-GTRM

uniwarking
08-05-2021, 05:02 PM
Hey all, what are you running on your Mojo's for props? I'm still trying to pin mine down. Many are saying "get the surf prop," which by name I think makes sense but maybe not by pitch.

Available options from the factory:
"General Use" - OJ 15.5"x16.5"
"Surf/Speed" - OJ 15.5" x 18" +$200
"Altitude/Wake" - OJ 15.5 x 15" +$200

Maybe my logic is flawed but it feels like the better prop for low end stuff like surfing would be a smaller pitch like the "Altitude/Wake" prop. Maybe there is something specific about the torque curve or engine efficiency that I don't understand but this just feels off.

I have a '22 on order. It will have the 450 engine option. I run at altitude of less than 900'. We mostly surf but also do everything else so I want to make sure I'm set across the board. I will probably get a spare over the winter so I'd be open to ACME options too but wanting to get the best option for my boat based on what's available.

I'd also be interested to hear what your top end speed is based on what prop you have.

Thanks!

RC_Hinojosa
08-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Hey all, what are you running on your Mojo's for props? I'm still trying to pin mine down. Many are saying "get the surf prop," which by name I think makes sense but maybe not by pitch.

I have a '22 on order. It will have the 450 engine option. I run at altitude of less than 900'. We mostly surf but also do everything else so I want to make sure I'm set across the board. I will probably get a spare over the winter so I'd be open to ACME options too but wanting to get the best option for my boat based on what's available. Maybe my logic is flawed but it feels like the better prop for low end stuff like surfing would be a smaller pitch like the "Altitude/Wake" prop.

I'd also be interested to hear what your top end speed is based on what prop you have.

Thanks!This was confusing for me as well based on pitch....

Hayden
08-05-2021, 05:32 PM

With the trend for many to run big crews or add additional weight over stock, the minimum I would look at is the 15.5x15. It is the "wakesurf" prop in my opinion.

RC_Hinojosa
08-05-2021, 05:34 PM
With the trend for many to run big crews or add additional weight over stock, the minimum I would look at is the 15.5x15. It is the "wakesurf" prop in my opinion.This make sense based on the lower pitch.....why would a pitch of 18 be considered surf?

TXSurf4
08-05-2021, 05:44 PM

Maybe my logic is flawed but it feels like the better prop for low end stuff like surfing would be a smaller pitch like the "Altitude/Wake" prop. Maybe there is something specific about the torque curve or engine efficiency that I don't understand but this just feels off.

I have a '22 on order. It will have the 450 engine option. I run at altitude of less than 900'. We mostly surf but also do everything else so I want to make sure I'm set across the board. I will probably get a spare over the winter so I'd be open to ACME options too but wanting to get the best option for my boat based on what's available.

Thanks!

From a person I know that has run the 15.5 x 18 and surfs heavy (1700 in lead & 4700 water ballast plus 5 adults) he says it struggles to hold speed. I have the 450 on my boat with the 15.5x16.5 and have been at full ballast+1k in lead and 10 adults and have had no problems with this set up at surf speed. The 450 with that prop just eats!! It feels like I can just throw more weight at it and it won't care. Runs low in the RPMs as well compared to what I have heard others running.

I have an ACME 2847 (15.5x15x.075 cup) as a spare but have not put it on yet so I can't tell you how it does. ACME also has a 3829 (15.5x14.5x.105cup) which I am told is a Moomba version of the Supra's 16x13.9 I wanted to get it but didn't have the time to wait to get one as they are back ordered and I wanted the spare on hand for a family reunion we had at our lake house. I will probably pick one up over the winter to try out in the spring.

With my set up last weekend (ballast empty, 1K in lead, 4 adults and 4 kids under the age of 3) I hit "Go Home Leveling" and got up to 37 MPH on our way back home.

Just for information purposes our lake is 315' of elevation.

HFarr
08-05-2021, 10:45 PM
I have a 21 Makai. 400 Raptor. 15.5x15 prop. 1.76 trans. Never struggles loaded down. Top speed of 38 mph no problem

TXSurf4
08-05-2021, 11:21 PM
I have a 21 Makai. 400 Raptor. 15.5x15 prop. 1.76 trans. Never struggles loaded down. Top speed of 38 mph no problem

What is you surf weight set up and do you know what your RPMs are at surf speed? I ask bc I am curious to see what will happen when I switch out to my ACME 2847. I expect my RPMs to bump up a little but not sure how much.

uniwarking
08-06-2021, 12:51 AM
Thanks all. I’ve requested to change to the general use 16.5”, I think that will best serve my needs… if something need changed this will make a good spare

HFarr
08-06-2021, 09:17 AM
What is you surf weight set up and do you know what your RPMs are at surf speed? I ask bc I am curious to see what will happen when I switch out to my ACME 2847. I expect my RPMs to bump up a little but not sure how much.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBoat is 5,300, ballast full at 4,000 , full tank and 10-12 adults and older teens. One cooler. No lead (yet anyway). Probably running about 11,500 average. My rpm's surfing are anywhere from 3200-3700 at times depending on speed. My lakes elevation is 237' above sea level.

cozilla
08-06-2021, 09:58 AM
I have the "Altitude/Wake" - OJ 15.5 x 15" on my 2021 Mojo. I run full ballast and 1k lead and surf speeds around 11 mph. RPMs rang from 3600-3800. Pulls great and doesn't struggle. This is with the Raptor 400.

TXSurf4
08-06-2021, 11:00 AM
Boat is 5,300, ballast full at 4,000 , full tank and 10-12 adults and older teens. One cooler. No lead (yet anyway). Probably running about 11,500 average. My rpm's surfing are anywhere from 3200-3700 at times depending on speed. My lakes elevation is 237' above sea level.

Thanks for the info. The next time I am out I am going to run just me in the boat with full ballast and the 1k in lead to just get a base line on the OJ 15.5x16.5 with 450 and 1.76 trans then do the same when I put the ACME 2847 and see how it affects the RPMs.

HFarr
08-06-2021, 02:52 PM
Will be interesting to see the difference!

Hayden
08-06-2021, 04:26 PM
Pitch makes a huge amount of difference with this. 8 deg vs. 9/10/11 deg. It should be part of the conversation in my opinion, same as elevation, engine size, prop diameter/pitch. It you are running stock autowake pitch, I believe it's 8 or 8.5. The difference in rpms from running 8-10 deg pitch with +11k boat/ballast weight is probably close to 1k rpm. (That was my experience with it over this summer.)

TXSurf4
08-06-2021, 10:49 PM
Pitch makes a huge amount of difference with this. 8 deg vs. 9/10/11 deg. It should be part of the conversation in my opinion, same as elevation, engine size, prop diameter/pitch. It you are running stock autowake pitch, I believe it's 8 or 8.5. The difference in rpms from running 8-10 deg pitch with +11k boat/ballast weight is probably close to 1k rpm. (That was my experience with it over this summer.)

That is a very true statement. Pitch will definitely affect your RPMs and is often never brought up in the prop/RPM conversation.

larry_arizona
08-07-2021, 09:07 AM
That is a very true statement. Pitch will definitely affect your RPMs and is often never brought up in the prop/RPM conversation.

I will pile on here about pitch affecting RPM significantly. I think 9 degrees is plenty and 10 degrees is way too much as it really starts loading the engine exponentially.

TXSurf4
08-07-2021, 04:30 PM
I will pile on here about pitch affecting RPM significantly. I think 9 degrees is plenty and 10 degrees is way too much as it really starts loading the engine exponentially.

I have never needed more than 9 degrees of pitch so I can’t comment on anything over that but I could see how it could really start to load engine as you increase over that.