PDA

View Full Version : Stock Ballast system

geforce
07-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Has anyone drawn a schematic for the stock system?

geforce
07-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know the GPM of the stock pump?

Yellowmobius
07-08-2003, 02:14 PM
on my 2001 Mobius intake is 2000gph output is 750gph.
As for a schematic the intake pump is in the engine compartment with a hose going to the ballast tank. Then the output pump and out the side. I split the factory line with some pvc plumbing and I can fill three tanks off the factory fill.

geforce
07-08-2003, 02:26 PM
Did you add more pumps for empting the tanks? Or even for filling.

Yellowmobius
07-08-2003, 03:26 PM
Trunk Ballast 2001 Mobius
I have added two fat sacs to the trunk area. I did replace the floor with a 2x10 and a 2x12 both 75" long. Both tanks fill off the factory fill pump. I have replied to other posts on this matter so you might find them on here somewhere. I do have fairly detailed instructions and a lot of pictures. If you would like I can e-mail them to you. It is an awesome system and really improves the wake. As for "damaging" the gas tank I don't think it is a problem the wood keeps the weight on the outside edges of the tank(not the middle).
I ran all summer (173 hours) last year without a problem.

another one:
Trunk Ballest
I have a 2001 Mobius Pro.

I too had the same idea for more weight. I ended up removing the plastic floor the factory puts in the trunk and installing a wood floor. I used one eight foot 2x10 and one 2x6. I layed them on top of the gas tank side by side with some carpet under them for a cushion. I also carpeted the top for looks.

As for the weight I did some creative plumbing off the factory auto fill. I put a tee and some valves in. I added two tanks to the trunk and kept the factory tank under the seat. All three tanks fill at the same time if I want them too. I purchased two extra 750gpm pumps to empty the extra tanks, again some creative plumbing. Right now all three tanks empty out the same port. It is a little slow so I plan on adding two exit ports for the additional tanks to empty. It is worth it! The wake is huge! If you are interested in some pictures I can e-mail some.

geforce
07-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Were did you find these posts, I would love anyting by email if the offer still stands. [email protected].

geforce
07-08-2003, 06:20 PM
This whole ballast stuff sucks big time. I go and buy a boat which I can afford, like a mobius and I have to go and add a bunch of tanks or bags to it and somewhat mess it up if I want a big wake. Now sure I would have bought a Mobius V for a bigger wake if I could have afforded it. Look how much we will do or sepnd for a damn wake it is rediculous. I don't want some sack sitting on my floor mildewing it or rolling into my engine cover. It just all sucks and I am really bummed.

wdf
07-21-2003, 12:20 AM
A 1 1/4" X 3/4" T and two hose clamps - Lowe's - $5
A 3600 GPH reversible impellar pump - $136
A center off, DPDT switch from Radioshack - $3.50
A 5/8" garden hose - thick wall - Lowe's $9
A few garden hose ends - Lowe's $8
A one to four garden hose manifold - Lowe's $15
About 20' wire - Radio shack $5
Three hours and a few busted knuckles, and never having to mess with those POS fat sack pumps again - PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!

Powered the pump and switch up on an accessory switch. DPDT Switch up - sacks fill, switch down, sacks dump - all though the fresh water intake on the bottom of the boat.

geforce
07-21-2003, 10:00 AM
Lol, thanks. It is priceless.

NIK
01-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Looking for the kill wake for my 2001 Mobius V. How much additional weight and where in the boat it should be placed. Please help. I've tried alot of weight in the back with some up front. It seems to make the wake steep and soft.

Please help.

noneya
01-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Just even out your ballast, you need about 60% of weight in the back and about 40% up front, you already have a lot in the back w/ the engine and ballast so you may need more towards the front.

If you are interested I am trying to sell a 600# fly high sac

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=17907&highlight=

ProXman
01-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Where did you get the high volume pumps? All I could find is 600gph, the ones I found that were higher were not self priming.

CWS_Kahuna
01-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Orginally posted by geforce

This whole ballast stuff sucks big time. I go and buy a boat which I can afford, like a mobius and I have to go and add a bunch of tanks or bags to it and somewhat mess it up if I want a big wake. Now sure I would have bought a Mobius V for a bigger wake if I could have afforded it. Look how much we will do or spend for a damn wake it is rediculous. I don't want some sack sitting on my floor mildewing it or rolling into my engine cover. It just all sucks and I am really bummed.

I agree. You can keep all the weight hidden though. Also it's not just the Moomba boats that need additional weight. Every wakeboard boat owner I know has more than the stock ballast.

A very cheap way to add weight is sand bags. Home Depot sales a 55lb bag for like $1.50. They come in a pretty thick plastic bag. Just place them inside like a small trash bag and place where needed. They fit well under the back seat and the front bow seats.