View Full Version : Heater....price check eisle 4

Pike
04-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Was wondering if you guys knew how much it should cost to add a the heater

option. My dealer quoted me $699+tax for the heater and install :shock:

Sound fair??

zabooda
04-20-2007, 02:22 AM
Go to Heatercraft get a heater for $356 + shipping, install it yourself and buy yourself four tanks of gas with the remainder. Mounting and wiring the unit and feeding the heater hose is easy, installing the hose connections to the engine is a little more difficult ( a car mechanic can do it in a half hour) and cutting 4" holes for the heater tube and the driver heater vent is easy using a 4" hole cutter (connects to your drill) but you have to have intestinal fortitude to cut holes in a perfectly good boat.

http://www.heatercraft.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=109-H-C

cab13367
04-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Pike,

When I bought my 2006 LSV, I looked into having the dealer install the heater and he quoted me $550, which is the same price as if this option was selected during the boat ordering process.

I found out that you can buy the basic kit thru JC Whitney (jcwhitney.com, then search "heater craft") for $190 (does not include the heater ducts, hoses, or fittings though) so I am going to go that route and install it myself.

Hope that helps.

Al

Pike
04-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Go to Heatercraft get a heater for $356 + shipping, install it yourself and buy yourself four tanks of gas with the remainder. Mounting and wiring the unit and feeding the heater hose is easy, installing the hose connections to the engine is a little more difficult ( a car mechanic can do it in a half hour) and cutting 4" holes for the heater tube and the driver heater vent is easy using a 4" hole cutter (connects to your drill) but you have to have intestinal fortitude to cut holes in a perfectly good boat.

http://www.heatercraft.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=109-H-C

Thank you very much for the info :D

qb12
04-20-2007, 08:57 PM
those are really awesome prices to have the dealer install.

I asked about my supra when it was in for warranty work and was quoted 1100 for the 3 outlet heater.

needless to say i didn't have it done.