PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Glue

eder10986
05-30-2021, 03:57 PM
Is there such a thing? I’ve discovered two small tears in our vinyl and want to make sure they don’t get worst.

Luckily they are by hinges and in hidden corners that likely occurred due to opening and closing of compartments.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFarr
05-31-2021, 12:23 AM
Never tried any, but it seems to work on the tv ads!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210531/b07e083148f1c226eea4c2e0648bbb47.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

eder10986
06-01-2021, 09:38 PM
Thanks! Saw JB weld has some as well. I just need some to reinforce. I’ll do some research just didn’t know if folks here had some first hand experiences

zabooda
06-01-2021, 10:05 PM
I used clear silicone and it lasted forever in the hinge area that isn't seen when closed.

sandm
06-02-2021, 10:21 AM
used superglue/gorilla glue and had decent results. if you can try, do it from the back side. more of a pita but less noticable. if you have a staple gun it's not hard.

HFarr
06-02-2021, 02:21 PM
If it is somewhere that you will not see, then use Flextape. Clear or black if it happens to be a black seat. Just be ready for it to be wherever you put it for a long time. That stuff really holds and works like they say! We have used it to seal holes in metal gutters at our schools before, and it will last well beyond what you would expect a temporary patch to last.

Wdavid
06-27-2021, 12:51 AM
Is there such a thing? I’ve discovered two small tears in our vinyl and want to make sure they don’t get worst.

Luckily they are by hinges and in hidden corners that likely occurred due to opening and closing of compartments.

Thanks!

This is stuff that I have found recommended on a number of different websites and forums. It sticks but yet is still flexible to use on seats.

Wdavid
06-27-2021, 12:52 AM
This is stuff that I have found recommended on a number of different websites and forums. It sticks but yet is still flexible to use on seats. Loctite Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Repair Adhesive

Loctite Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Repair Adhesive