PDA

View Full Version : Boat lift/canopy with tower up?

Bleebik
04-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi All.
Just got my first Moomba!! 07 Mobius LSV. It's gorgeous. Looking forward to getting it wet and broken in.

I'm new to the bulletin board and have found alot of helpful topics here. I've just purchased a lake cabin and would like to get a boat lift with a canopy to protect my new ride. I've done some research and there is one company out there (Floe) that claims they have a canopy that you can drive under without lowering the wakeboard tower because of the extension fabric that one can buy. Because I'm quite particular about keeping my boat clean, I was wondering if anyone had any comments about this particular type of lift with the canopy(and in this case 18" fabric extension) or just about lifts in general for these boats? I've never owned an inboard before and wondering if there is anything special to note about lifts for them and if a canopy will keep it clean without putting the cover on the boat. I have no tonneau or cockpit covers, but have the Logo cover with straps and poles only.

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Bleebik

wakeboard dad
04-19-2007, 03:30 PM
I have an '04 LSV and I leave the tower up when it's on the lift. However, I think my tower my be shorter than the new models. I have a Harbor Master Elite which is a great lift in shallow water applications. I can get the boat up pretty high under the canopy and it does a pretty good job of keeping the boat clean. I do live at the lake full time however so I can clean it all the time. If I had a weekend cabin I would definately cover it when I was gone.

As far as lifts are concerned there are many to choose from, vertical, cantilevered and hydraulic. The weight capacity is the most inmportant factor. Remember, the weight listed in the brochure is the dry weight. Add about 7lbs per gallon of gas plus all the gear you may have on board.

Hope this helps.

INlakeOutback
04-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Well after 9 hours of work I have completed the build on my new Metal Craft lift and put it in the water. With the canapy all the way up I can put the boat in and raise it all the way out of the water with the tower up. I am not planning on covering it any more than just the canapy. I did however order my canapy with 12 inches of extera fabric on each side to help cover the boat better with the tower up.