PDA

View Full Version : Makai flow 3 tab stuck down.

Steelerdog
05-20-2021, 11:13 PM
Anyone had this issue? I have turned the batteries on and off, reset tabs in the software and switched surf sides back and forth.

HFarr
05-20-2021, 11:18 PM
Oof! Not sure what to tell you on that. How many hours you got on the boat? I have a 2021 Makai with only 11 on it. Color seems to be just like yours too. On bottom anway. I hope that's not contagious.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Steelerdog
05-20-2021, 11:30 PM
22 hours on the boat, I first noticed it would turn better one way than the other when picking up a surfer

parrothd
05-21-2021, 10:52 AM
22 hours on the boat, I first noticed it would turn better one way than the other when picking up a surfer

Check the wire connector and fuses or have the dealer fix it. Y

You can manually move the plate to the up position, by removing the front pin and disconnect the actuator from the plate, then twist the actuator and it will go in, then insert the pin again.

Steelerdog
05-21-2021, 06:22 PM
Ok, thanks for the advice. Dealer said they have time to look at it in 5 weeks, lol.
And they said it "might" be under warranty being it already 20 hrs old.

haknslash
05-21-2021, 08:14 PM
Hours has nothing to do with it. You have 5 years warranty on parts and 5 to 7 years (if you got incentive deals) on the Engine covered by Indmar.

https://www.moomba.com/assets/protection-plan/2021-moomba-warranty.pdf
https://www.moomba.com/assets/protection-plan/2019-2020-6.2l-raptor-by-indmar-operators-manual-_wake-series.pdf

HFarr
05-21-2021, 09:25 PM
Yeah man. Unless you hit something and physically broke it, I would hope 20 hours is nothing!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

goose
05-22-2021, 09:41 AM
Anyone had this issue? I have turned the batteries on and off, reset tabs in the software and switched surf sides back and forth.

Hey man. A couple ideas...did you try and reset "yaw" tab? Or just reset main tab? They are 2 different reset buttons. You have to scroll down to get to yaw tab. The actuator could be bad but it's more likely an issue with displacement integration. If you had a lot of weight In boat then yaw tab would have gone down. But if you had drained ballast before retracting then it might have stayed down. Kinda complicated but try reset and that should let you know if actuator is operational or not.

Steelerdog
05-22-2021, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the reply! I did notice once that day the displacement meter in the center of the autowake screen had gone down to zero when I was full of ballast and was surfing.
I will look for the yaw reset, thanks again!