PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Outback owners manual and parts manual

GrebesBakery
05-13-2021, 09:55 AM
Bought a used 1998 Outback that I will be picking up tomorrow. I have been trying to find an owners manual online and can't seem to find one anywhere. Would also like a parts manual if they are available. Any help would be great!

sandm
05-13-2021, 10:23 AM
I bet you will have a tough time. my 06 supra when bought as a supra photo boat didn't have an owners manual with it. search for the manual for your engine/tranny brand(indmar or pcm) and you should find those online but you won't find a parts manual.

I think a lot of people equate these to cars when it comes to manuals/parts but the only thing most boat builders actually produce are the hulls and upholstery/trim. the rest of them are pieces/parts sourced from marine manufacturers and bolted on. knowing what the vendor is on each part will help find a replacement and tracking down issues/repairs or bugs most turn to dealers or the online forums.

tons of great advice, help and people on here so ask away :)
and congrats on the new boat but as they say, pics or you didn't buy it......

zabooda
05-13-2021, 10:53 PM
I had some type of manual on my 98 but it didn't have anything more than safety information like wear your life jacket. There never has been a service manual for either engine manufacturer.