PDA

View Full Version : Anthem Boats...Anyone Heard of These?!

weldingza
05-11-2021, 09:16 AM
Has anyone heard of these boats yet? I just had a buddy send me a link the other day to find out there are made right here in Minnesota. A very interesting concept. Its like a pontoon wake boat. I don't know a whole lot about them but the idea is rather intriguing. Who doesn't love a pontoon party deck that can surf and wakeboard?!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBl1C4CyZCvLKVZzy5KtX1Q
https://www.anthem.am/ (I saw the .am and thought it was some foreign website, but its not!)

RC_Hinojosa
05-11-2021, 09:21 AM
A Heyday and a pontoon boat stepped into a bar, proceeded to get shitcanned, and make a baby that can storm the beaches of Normandy....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

weldingza
05-11-2021, 09:29 AM
A Heyday and a pontoon boat stepped into a bar, proceeded to get shitcanned, and make a baby that can storm the beaches of Normandy....

YES! That is exactly right. Will be interesting to see if they gain popularity. They clearly don't have a social media manager based on their youtube subscriptions!

zabooda
05-11-2021, 09:32 AM

Now that is funny right thar.

Josh828
05-11-2021, 09:41 AM
Looks a lot like the Montana surf boss, which is basically a pontoon surf boat.

But I think they are well over 100K and these anthem boats look even more expensive..

If these boats were cheaper than a real surf boat I would have really given it some thought but for the price of a supra well.. ill buy a supra haha

sandm
05-11-2021, 10:33 AM
theres a few threads in here that talk about surf toons calling out both mentioned above and a couple other odd ones.

good concept, pricing will be the death of them.

Guppydriver
05-11-2021, 11:26 AM
Why have a boat when you can have a "Tactical Sport Vessel"???

They either need to lower the price or perhaps raise it enough to reach "ultra elite" status like Pavati.

RC_Hinojosa
05-11-2021, 11:52 AM
Why have a boat when you can have a "Tactical Sport Vessel"???

They either need to lower the price or perhaps raise it enough to reach "ultra elite" status like Pavati.You can order your Pavatti with an rgb stripper pole....

Way different demo groups [emoji23]

larry_arizona
05-11-2021, 11:55 AM
What are the reviews on the surf waves of these pontoon surf boats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandm
05-11-2021, 12:09 PM
saw a couple on the montara a while back. it'll surf but underwhelming was the theme of the day.
some thought it had potential but needed more development.

Guppydriver
05-11-2021, 04:17 PM
You can order your Pavatti with an rgb stripper pole....

Way different demo groups [emoji23]

There was a rumor that SC was thinking about a similar option, but it would require much more structural reinforcement than the Pavati due to the different "demo groups".

Jason1975
05-11-2021, 05:45 PM
I like the idea and don't really mind the looks of this boat. However as others mentioned, pricing will be key and i would bet these are north of $150k easily.

trace
05-11-2021, 07:31 PM
The wave behind that boat looks like complete crap. In this day and age, as cheap and easy as good CFD is, why a startup can't drop a hull that actually works for it's intended purpose just completely baffles me. Not to mention, if you aren't going to do the CFD, at least go build a mule and figure it out on the water.

This product launch fanfare BS with talented wakesurfers that can surf a jetski trying to make your boat look cool is just stupid. You can see the wave has no height, has a nasty double lip that seriously shortens the rideable face, and the transition is about half the width of the board, which makes for a terrible bottom turn experience in any style.