PDA

View Full Version : Where to stow my anchor - 2018 Mojo

srfrgrl77
05-05-2021, 11:11 PM
I am a new Moomba Mojo owner.. looking for some tips on where to stow stuff and also cooler ideas.. where to stow on the boat! Help a sister out!!

moombahighrider
05-05-2021, 11:16 PM
This is what I did on my ‘17 mojo. 3/4” hdpe cut to length to sit on top of the docking light housing and then 1 stainless screw in each edge, as you can see in these photos. Bomber strong and really made good use of that space

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210506/dea8c1d9b57bd4bed74d0ff666b3273a.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210506/18219addc305f6d4cd65838bfaa6b9aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holdmybeer
05-06-2021, 06:42 AM
This is genius. Good job and.......I'm stealing it

jnr4817
05-06-2021, 08:27 AM
This great. I don’t have docking lights. Could this still be done? I’ve never thought of this, until this post so haven’t paid attention to the space.

Great use of the space.

moombahighrider
05-06-2021, 08:30 AM
You could just spend a bit more time and create a bit more shape in the front of the shelf, where it contacts the carpeted inside of the bow hull. It could definitely be done without having to sit on the docking lights.

korey
05-06-2021, 10:05 AM
I had NO CLUE that Mojo's opened at the bow seat! Shit, does my Craz?!

Zog
05-06-2021, 11:52 AM
I am totally doing this too. I hated the waste of space up there with the ballast sack. This is absolutely perfect!

srfrgrl77
05-06-2021, 08:31 PM
That is fantastic! Love it! I will do that! Any genius ideas for coolers?? I am looking for that as well! thanks again!

Holdmybeer
05-06-2021, 09:16 PM
Rocking the Yeti M30 bag this year. Have been using a small hard cooler or relying on the cool/glove box from my old I/O. I found out quickly that having to move seats to get a cold one is annoying for the person sitting in the seat.

The M30 fits behind the drivers seat since I don't have a backrest on that bench like others. I could also throw something under the filler cushion and it would be out of the way.

Zog
05-07-2021, 10:18 AM
We just use a cooler bag under the filler cushion. Nobody likes using the bow as bench seating anyway. Alternately, we slip it under the cockpit by the driver's seat. Lots of space there.

Holdmybeer
05-07-2021, 10:23 AM
We just use a cooler bag under the filler cushion. Nobody likes using the bow as bench seating anyway. Alternately, we slip it under the cockpit by the driver's seat. Lots of space there.

Sub is there and then the driver (aka Me) has to play waiter to everyone. Go with under the bow filler...lol

schwan
05-07-2021, 06:57 PM
I’ve had a piece of hdpe sitting around for years planning this project. Thanks for the inspiration! I cut it to fithttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210507/99187780d5cd81aabce77e6dca120027.jpg

moombahighrider
05-07-2021, 07:36 PM
I’ve had a piece of hdpe sitting around for years planning this project. Thanks for the inspiration! I cut it to fithttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210507/99187780d5cd81aabce77e6dca120027.jpg

Nice! That looks like it will work perfectly.

moombahighrider
05-07-2021, 07:40 PM
That is fantastic! Love it! I will do that! Any genius ideas for coolers?? I am looking for that as well! thanks again!

AO soft cooler that you can order with the boat fits perfectly under the bow filler cushion. We use that cooler bag for lunch and food items with the soft freezer packs that comes in hello fresh food delivery boxes. That doesn’t last more than a few trips and then have to be replaced, but they are great at keeping food cool and out of the wet drinks yeti 50 we keep in the cabin (centered in the cabin, just sitting on the floor- convenient access for everyone and doubles as a table).

Chuds
05-07-2021, 09:22 PM
AO soft cooler that you can order with the boat fits perfectly under the bow filler cushion. We use that cooler bag for lunch and food items with the soft freezer packs that comes in hello fresh food delivery boxes. That doesn’t last more than a few trips and then have to be replaced, but they are great at keeping food cool and out of the wet drinks yeti 50 we keep in the cabin (centered in the cabin, just sitting on the floor- convenient access for everyone and doubles as a table).

As I am planning to buy an AO soft cooler for drinks to sit behind the drivers seat are you suggesting that they do not last more than a few trips out before they are garbage and need to be replaced? If so I am going to have to look at other options but I was under the impression that they were a solid option but not if they are essentially disposable and only last a few (3-5) trips out

larry_arizona
05-07-2021, 09:35 PM
As I am planning to buy an AO soft cooler for drinks to sit behind the drivers seat are you suggesting that they do not last more than a few trips out before they are garbage and need to be replaced? If so I am going to have to look at other options but I was under the impression that they were a solid option but not if they are essentially disposable and only last a few (3-5) trips out

AO soft sided coolers are awesome and last years. Have no fear.

I think the previous post was talking about reusing some cold packs from internet food delivery services.

I prefer the AO soft sided cooler versus the hard sided cooler that both come with the Supras.

moombahighrider
05-07-2021, 09:42 PM
AO soft sided coolers are awesome and last years. Have no fear.

I think the previous post was talking about reusing some cold packs from internet food delivery services.

I prefer the AO soft sided cooler versus the hard sided cooler that both come with the Supras.

Yes, this. Sorry, i wasn’t clear. The freezer bags that we use only last a few trips. The AO coolers are amazing and last forever. We sold our ‘17 mojo pro and reluctantly let go of the AO cooler bag that came with it. Bought another AO for the new boat before we received the new boat.

Chuds
05-07-2021, 11:07 PM
Larry & Highrider, Ok phew I don't want to have to hunt for another option as I want to try and avoid the hard side with the Mondo. Thank you for the feedback AO it is!