PDA

View Full Version : Spray and Completion Date Moved 2x

rd1805
05-01-2021, 10:19 AM
Hello Everyone, I put money down on a Supra SA400 in February for an April spray date and an early to mid-May completion date. The spray date then moved to May 7th and the completion date was moved to May 17th. Now I am being told that the completion date will be May 25th. Rather frustrated. We have made plans with friends and the expectations of Supra are not being met from a customer service perspective from the start. Please advise. Thanks.

htfit
05-01-2021, 10:31 AM
Can't comment on customer service perspective but just an observation of everything going on, a 2 week delay is not bad. Truck orders are delayed months, our pool install is delayed 6 weeks so far from scarcity of materials, construction projects are taking longer due to lack of material and nobody wants to work.

It still sucks your boat is delayed but all things considered with the environment that we are in, I am sure there is a reason for it.

Hopefully you will get it sooner then expected.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
05-01-2021, 10:38 AM
These are bad times for manufacturing and its effecting Skier’s Choice just like all the other wake boat manufacturers (Malibu delays are far worse than Supra)

Resin, semi conductors, rubber shortages globally due to pandemic. Shipping from China is another major issue. All the automotive OEM’s are mostly shutdown and be happy your boat is still in build que.

This is not isolated to Skier’s Choice. All I can recommend is be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rd1805
05-01-2021, 10:56 AM
Thank you for the replies. Much appreciated. I do realize that supply chain has been affected. My company has the same issues but we still deliver. The key is to find a way. The fact of the matter is that I was sold on an April spray date by the dealership. We should always expect the manufacturer and the dealership to have lines of communication that set expectations upfront. Another local Mastercraft dealership is giving loaners to people that have orders that are not being met. That is service. I have not had that offer.

zabooda
05-01-2021, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the world of Covid. After buying a new home, new car and a RZR, I can concluded that delays and even cancelations can occur. Delays are expected so no tight schedules and contingency plans are needed. Finding parts can be equally frustrating. It doesn't even need to be a high demand part. Any foreign made products like E bikes will move you out each month. We cancelled one of those orders. High end stuff seems easier to get.

larry_arizona
05-01-2021, 11:04 AM
I understand your frustrations, but considering Ford for example is going to produce 1.1 million LESS vehicles this year, no begging or creativity is going to make up for that.

My Skier’s dealer has ZERO moomba or Supras left to “loan”, and I kinda call bs on mastercraft having a bunch of extra inventory laying around to loan to several of their customers waiting for boats due to delays. Wakeboats are extremely hot right now and most dealers are sold out.

Honestly if your mastercraft dealer has plenty of boats available, perhaps cancel your order and grab a MC before they sell out.

mgswake
05-01-2021, 09:25 PM
I would email and/or call skiers choice customer service. I have never dealt with them personally, but they seem to be reasonable people (even commenting on here from time to time). Maybe they could send you a free set of guide post covers or some type of swag bag (something to say sorry for the delay, but thanks for spending 120k+ on one of our boats).

Also, reach out to your dealer. I would expect some cleaning products or a voucher for future service.

I understand these circumstances are out of your dealers and skiers control, but you paid your money and held up your end of the deal. I would expect something as a thank you and sorry for the delay. If the shoe was on the other foot and you didn't pay your deposit or were late on payments, you better believe someone would be coming to take that boat back. Simply saying the supply chain is slow does not fly with me. They (your dealer and skiers choice) should at least make some small gesture to help make you feel better. Sales are at unbelievable levels im sure they could afford a small token to make things right.

just my 0.02

Bigs28
05-02-2021, 08:44 AM
Go to sherwin Williams and try to get paint samples or super paint. Good luck.

larry_arizona
05-02-2021, 08:54 AM

Yessir, it’s everywhere.

Anyone check out lumber prices and used car values? All pandemic and shortage related.

mgswake
05-02-2021, 09:19 AM

If you had already paid for paint, and it became unavailable, would you expect a refund or compensation??

Everyone understands the delays in supply chains and the consequences. The OP has already paid his deposit and held up his end of the deal. It is not SC or dealers fault, but they could help ease the frustration of a buyer with a small gesture (given sales numbers, I’m sure it would not affect their bottom line).

larry_arizona
05-02-2021, 09:31 AM
If you had already paid for paint, and it became unavailable, would you expect a refund or compensation??

Everyone understands the delays in supply chains and the consequences. The OP has already paid his deposit and held up his end of the deal. It is not SC or dealers fault, but they could help ease the frustration of a buyer with a small gesture (given sales numbers, I’m sure it would not affect their bottom line).

Is a gift bag of goodies going to satisfy you? Plus I believe Supra sends out a swag bag of goodies already to thank you for buying a new boat.

I suppose it could temporarily.

I personally would not require a handout in this environment. Like you said, not SC’s fault or dealers fault, so why would I subject them to compensate me?

A couple week delay is acceptable in this climate, it’s better than being told your order has been cancelled or moved to 2022.

Planning a family trip before boat in hand has some degree of risk to it. SC does not guarantee shipping times either.

Check out this recent article of pandemic shortages, one is truck drivers. I know my boat sat built for 3 weeks before it shipped to dealer. You are at the mercy of the current system.

https://www.moneytalksnews.com/slideshows/products-now-in-short-supply-due-to-the-pandemic/

sandm
05-02-2021, 10:35 AM
Is a gift bag of goodies going to satisfy you? Plus I believe Supra sends out a swag bag of goodies already to thank you for buying a new boat.

I suppose it could temporarily.

we are def. in a different time in the country. I totally agree with the though that it's all outside of their control and no one is really "to blame".
I see it a little differently.
skiers choice took pandemic cash from the gov't AND had what could be seen as their best years ever currently. supplies have creeped up but so has base price AND add-on's to cover their expenses so it would be safe to say they are making a lot of coin.
here's a GREAT opportunity to differentiate them from the rest of the pack. sure lots of fanboys that won't go anywhere else but a % of skiers customers will drop and pivot to another vendor in certain circumstances without even blinking an eye.

maybe skiers should go out and commission a "skers" branded surfboard/wakeboard for all new boat purchases due to the delay. might cost $400 each to partner with a big board company. imagine the publicity out of it. again, great opportunity to differentiate from the competition. planting those seeds could help when the market does turn and it's going to at some point....

or keep doing what they are doing and seeing posts on delays, missed orders, parts not in stock, colors not available etc......
wait until the heat of the summer and these 2020/2021's need warranty parts and your boat is out for 10-12weeks. get in front of it now......

larry_arizona
05-02-2021, 11:02 AM
we are def. in a different time in the country. I totally agree with the though that it's all outside of their control and no one is really "to blame".
I see it a little differently.
skiers choice took pandemic cash from the gov't AND had what could be seen as their best years ever currently. supplies have creeped up but so has base price AND add-on's to cover their expenses so it would be safe to say they are making a lot of coin.
here's a GREAT opportunity to differentiate them from the rest of the pack. sure lots of fanboys that won't go anywhere else but a % of skiers customers will drop and pivot to another vendor in certain circumstances without even blinking an eye.

maybe skiers should go out and commission a "skers" branded surfboard/wakeboard for all new boat purchases due to the delay. might cost $400 each to partner with a big board company. imagine the publicity out of it. again, great opportunity to differentiate from the competition. planting those seeds could help when the market does turn and it's going to at some point....

or keep doing what they are doing and seeing posts on delays, missed orders, parts not in stock, colors not available etc......
wait until the heat of the summer and these 2020/2021's need warranty parts and your boat is out for 10-12weeks. get in front of it now......

Not sure if SC did or didn’t take pandemic money, not sure if they qualify as a small business.

But I can get behind your idea of differentiating themselves pro actively.

Maybe I am laser focused on any OEM being limited due to parts availability, not much can fix that in short term.

But like you said, SC could capitalize on being different during this struggle.

Personally a swag bag wouldn’t mean much to me, but to others it might.

My dealer already offers up 20% discount on gear, boards, lead etc. maybe a service credit, especially the required first service as it’s a doozy.

I have no dog in this fight as I took delivery of my boat, but my dealer has been reminding me to stop by so they can fill my 60 gallon tank on them so some dealers still are trying ideas.

To your point on service/warranty parts availability, this is a potential 800# gorilla in the room. Doesn’t matter if a new boat or old, downtime is highly likely.

zabooda
05-02-2021, 11:20 AM
We are in Washington state now doing some things but part of the trip is buying up all of the One A Day Proactive vitamins as they are nowhere to be found. We are buying them for $7 a bottle here and the only place I see them is on Amazon for between $32 - $72 a bottle. I saw with the microchip shortage that you may get a car but it probably won't be exactly what you want.

larry_arizona
05-02-2021, 11:25 AM
We are in Washington state now doing some things but part of the trip is buying up all of the One A Day Proactive vitamins as they are nowhere to be found. We are buying them for $7 a bottle here and the only place I see them is on Amazon for between $32 - $72 a bottle. I saw with the microchip shortage that you may get a car but it probably won't be exactly what you want.

GM trucks with active fuel management has been eliminated, all the hard parts are there, but the sensors are gone and I don’t believe GM plans to retrofit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gmauthority.com/blog/2021/03/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-drop-fuel-management-due-to-chip-shortage/amp/

russellsmojo
05-03-2021, 07:31 AM
GM trucks with active fuel management has been eliminated, all the hard parts are there, but the sensors are gone and I don’t believe GM plans to retrofit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gmauthority.com/blog/2021/03/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-drop-fuel-management-due-to-chip-shortage/amp/

Wish I could remove/unhook without a chip or program. Funny how they said me doing it would void the warranty and now they just do away with it!

larry_arizona
05-03-2021, 07:47 AM
Wish I could remove/unhook without a chip or program. Funny how they said me doing it would void the warranty and now they just do away with it!

I feel the same, not a fan of AFM or stop/start.

1 mpg is not that big a deal to end users, but it’s a massive deal to manage CAFE standards.

russellsmojo
05-03-2021, 09:18 AM
I feel the same, not a fan of AFM or stop/start.

1 mpg is not that big a deal to end users, but it’s a massive deal to manage CAFE standards.

Hijacking thread sorry. I did learn that using low. Then use the manual gear buttons to go to gear 5. then keeps afm from working. Now never using 6 has more than 1 mpg difference. But for towing around town or start stop it’s a big help.

deerfield
05-03-2021, 02:16 PM
Not sure if SC did or didn’t take pandemic money, not sure if they qualify as a small business.

Yes. Participated in the Paycheck Protection Program. $3.1 million. Approved April 2020.

rhouse181
05-03-2021, 04:12 PM
Hijacking thread sorry. I did learn that using low. Then use the manual gear buttons to go to gear 5. then keeps afm from working. Now never using 6 has more than 1 mpg difference. But for towing around town or start stop it’s a big help.

Ha I do the same on my Tahoe and only bump it up to M6 if on the highway / cruising consistent speeds to avoid the cylinder deactivation...

Chubbysurfer
05-03-2021, 06:08 PM
I ordered and put a deposit down for a 2021 mojo in February for a may spray and June delivery. They told me from the beginning they could not guarantee a June delivery. Not only would they not guarantee the delivery, I was told if the boat was delivered after June I would have to pay 2022 pricing. It is what it is I guess...

Isaguel
05-03-2021, 07:05 PM
Not only would they not guarantee the delivery, I was told if the boat was delivered after June I would have to pay 2022 pricing.

Now that is a whole lot of baloney. I would put a 3K $ refundable down payment on an agreed price. They can deliver in November and it should not change the price.

Bigs28
05-03-2021, 07:16 PM
Yeah i would get a new dealer. I have a mojo on custom order the way i want on a fully refundable deposit. If i don't like it i can walk and the dealer will have np selling it to someone else.

larry_arizona
05-03-2021, 07:38 PM
My guess is the dealer didn’t have any more build slots but took his order hoping to score a bonus slot.

Chubbysurfer
05-03-2021, 09:20 PM
So far I’ve been happy with the dealer. He was a huge help in the buildout process and I thought his price was fair. They contacted me back in March to finalize selections and I was told they could not be changed going forward. I assumed this meant they were getting close to manufacturing. I hope they weren’t pulling a fast one early on...but who knows?

Chuds
05-03-2021, 09:54 PM
There is no reason if you have a deposit and finalized your build so ultimately your pricing that they should not or would not be able to guarantee your pricing. In fact it should be the in your favor that you would qualify for any better promotions should they come up (probably won't) before you get your boat. You should be locked in for the 7 year Indmar warranty (pretty sure it was on in Feb but I may be wrong) as well. It is really strange that they would suggest your price may change as that should not be the case if you have a deposit down unless like Larry said they sold you a build slot that they did not have hoping to get an extra and are trying to weasel out of holding pricing. They may be really nice to your face but something is not right here even in this market, deposits are put down to hold more than a build spot but also pricing and incentives so I would not let them pull that on you if they sold you a 2021 build spot. Now I know dealers are currently selling 2022 build spots with the year over year price increases in place now. Do you have in writing that you have a 21 build spot out of curiosity? As others have said if they are not holding pricing I would pull my deposit as why are they holding your money on a spot that frankly may not exist or they should hold pricing if it was a legit spot.

RC_Hinojosa
05-04-2021, 07:54 AM
2022 pricing hasn't been released yet so my build spot right now is a hold on a best guess.

I have my Mojo more or less spec'd how I want it but with price increases, it's possible some prior options become standard.

If I was willing to put blinders on the current situation I'd get a late September/ early October delivery.....and for what?

I have Rinker's first slot in January. The line of thought being hopefully supply constraints have eased somewhat, and boat will arrive during "boat show" season so ext warranty, etc.

With the Mojo being a late release, I've warmed to idea of a '22...bugs or other kinks should be worked out by then as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rush
05-04-2021, 03:15 PM
Just got off the phone with my dealer, my boat is leaving Friday, and it apparently will be one of the last. There is a huge shortage of fibreglass resin and they’ve cancelled almost all June and July builds. My dealer is one of the largest skiers choice dealers and has to call dozens upon dozens of customers to tell them they’re not getting a boat until at least fall.

Bigs28
05-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Just got off the phone with my dealer, my boat is leaving Friday, and it apparently will be one of the last. There is a huge shortage of fibreglass resin and they’ve cancelled almost all June and July builds. My dealer is one of the largest skiers choice dealers and has to call dozens upon dozens of customers to tell them they’re not getting a boat until at least fall.

I hope your wrong. I have a June 1st completion date. :(

Rush
05-04-2021, 03:31 PM
I hope your wrong. I have a June 1st completion date. :(

I hope I’m wrong too. Know a number of people with boats on order. Apparently correct craft is in even worse shape. Wonder with you being June 1 if you’ll squeak in

Prospersigman
05-04-2021, 03:38 PM
This thread will be locked or the comments above removed it this is truly the case.

brad460
05-04-2021, 04:15 PM
It is surprising to me with this forum being owned by Skiers Choice that they don’t have a factory rep continuously monitor and commenting on this site more often. It’s like they are completely absent...

Instead let dealers and folks in here make claims (some factual, some maybe not)...

My company doesn’t own a forum, but many of us monitor FB groups and other places and always comment when needed..

The claims being made in here should be addressed immediately by Skiers Choice...

sandm
05-04-2021, 05:43 PM
It is surprising to me with this forum being owned by Skiers Choice that they don’t have a factory rep continuously monitor and commenting on this site more often. It’s like they are completely absent...

Instead let dealers and folks in here make claims (some factual, some maybe not)...

My company doesn’t own a forum, but many of us monitor FB groups and other places and always comment when needed..

The claims being made in here should be addressed immediately by Skiers Choice...

if you don't think drew and rick watch this you are sadly mistaken. they only chime in when they need to. the issues above are best handled by the dealer communicating not posting on a public forum if you ask me. should be a one on one with the buyer.

RC_Hinojosa
05-04-2021, 07:19 PM
if you don't think drew and rick watch this you are sadly mistaken. they only chime in when they need to. the issues above are best handled by the dealer communicating not posting on a public forum if you ask me. should be a one on one with the buyer.We had a good chuckle at my dealer last Friday when I was placing my deposit about this....

The time between me excitedly sharing Supra '21 photos before they were meant to be seen and my phone blowing up to yank them down was nothing short of astonishing.

They are always watching.

Mea Culpa...please make my '22. I promise not to be a leak [emoji850]

haknslash
05-04-2021, 08:06 PM
I work in large scale manufacturing and the issues with procurement are very real! Every company out there is probably doing the best they can with what they have and are trying to be as light in their feet as possible. Having to find new sources while everyone else is also trying to find new sources is very difficult to say the least. Lead times for everything are being pushed further and further back. It is tough in the manufacturing industry right now. Sales and demand is there but sourcing domestic and abroad are tough. Everyone has a backlog. I know this is frustrating for consumers and I’m not trying to speak for SC but understand manufacturers are probably doing all sorts of things behind the scenes just to try and produce as best they can. I hope this ripple in the industry evens out by the end of the year or it’s going to get scary for real!

As for asking for additional swag bags or goodies for the inconvenience....well I personally wouldn’t be doing it. YMMV. I’d just be thankful I even got the boat I ordered. Is it frustrating and makes it really hard to wait? Absolutely and I can certainly understand!!! But I think asking for a comp is a bit much given it’s not their fault at all the world turned on its axis. It’s not like they intentionally set out to cause delays. I guess I’m a little biased as I have worked in manufacturing going on nearly 2 decades so I can understand both sides and issues. It sucks and there is no way to dispute that. I dare say, I’d gladly take 2020 all over again than this crap we are going through in 2021... and that’s saying something cause we all know how 2020 sucked lol

Schlanseay
05-04-2021, 08:21 PM

Hope you’re wrong too, we have a June build and don’t have a spray date yet. https://media3.giphy.com/media/3oKIPbltg45IATpBrW/giphy.gif

brad460
05-04-2021, 09:05 PM
if you don't think drew and rick watch this you are sadly mistaken. they only chime in when they need to. the issues above are best handled by the dealer communicating not posting on a public forum if you ask me. should be a one on one with the buyer.

With issues as serious at cancelling customer orders I think they can address it on a public forum they own and operate with a simple factual statement..It very clear dealers are giving different messages also and others are not being communicated to at all.

I’ve worked for companies with similar products (such as Yamaha) and I and others provided feedback in public forums on serious issues (like this)..

KnoxMojo
05-04-2021, 09:41 PM
With issues as serious at cancelling customer orders I think they can address it on a public forum they own and operate with a simple factual statement..It very clear dealers are giving different messages also and others are not being communicated to at all.

I’ve worked for companies with similar products (such as Yamaha) and I and others provided feedback in public forums on serious issues (like this)..

Drew has addressed it many times on the Facebook page. And nobody is getting canceled from what I've seen, some might be getting pushed back, but that's life right now. Be flexible.

Chubbysurfer
05-04-2021, 10:33 PM
I’m the one that posted previously about putting a non refundable deposit down in feb for a May spray and June delivery. I don’t mind being pushed back due to the current circumstances however, I’m also the one that was told any boat delivered after June would be at 2022 pricing, which sounded insane to me. My reputable dealer said that was a SC policy so I just took it at face value. I would like to know if that is truly the manufactures policy. Does SC have a June fiscal year end??? Crazy...

KnoxMojo
05-04-2021, 10:50 PM
Most all the manufacturers release the next model year boats in June or July, August at latest.

sandm
05-04-2021, 11:06 PM
Drew has addressed it many times on the Facebook page. And nobody is getting canceled from what I've seen, some might be getting pushed back, but that's life right now. Be flexible.

sure lots of the new owners are not on facebook like me but good to see he's addressing it. in the end it should be the dealers reaching out and working through the issues since they are the "face" of skiers choice. knowing some of the customer service issues we have had shopping at dealers tho I can bet there's a lot of people still in the dark about what's going on.

good post knox. with everything going on it can be frustrating but nothing can be done. patience and time will come. never thought after last year I'd be thinking it's even crazier!!

Vati' Gang
05-05-2021, 10:07 AM
My sympathies, we put down a deposit in Sept for a March Build and we still have no idea when our boat is getting built. Any reach-out to my dealer goes unanswered

RickT
05-05-2021, 10:14 AM
We do try to keep an eye on forum discussions and try to reply where factory input is warranted.

As to Shutdowns, we have had couple days here or there in the last months and project similar issues(random days) through July 4th(This is the date that we normally begin spraying the next model year). Supply issues continue to be the culprit on this and we apologize for any issues this may cause. I assure you we are on the same team and want to build the boat as much as you want to receive it. :). Your selling dealer is the best source to discuss your individual order with and how these delays may have impacted their delivery schedule. In general it should be a discussion around days and weeks....Not months.

We appreciate your understanding and patience. Strange dynamics in play.

Take Care,

Rick

UNSTUCK
05-05-2021, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the feedback Rick.

I've been doing a pretty hard core Lean Manufacturing blitz the last couple weeks, learning about how some MAJOR manufacturers play the game. It's been eye opening, to say the least. I shake my head everyday at what I see going on where I work, and the EASY improvements that could be made, but get skipped over. I have become very interested in how other companies control their processes. The vast majority throw their arms up in the air right now and say things like, "covid..." or "unprecedented times". They shut down as needed or as "forced" to for reasons "out of their control". Then there are companies that had a plan in place years ago, knowing something at least similar would happen at some point. Not only do they have great relationships with their suppliers, they have great relationships with their suppliers suppliers, and so on. Some go as far as having their suppliers located at different corners of the world (you don't have just one resin supplier, I assume?). While a major disaster may effect one, the other(s) are likely ok and still producing. With the key to always being in control of your supplied products.

In an effort for continuous improvement, what are the take aways from the the past year that will prevent this from happening again at SC (or any of all of our companies)? Naturally, I don't expect Rick to respond to this question directly. Just musing.

RickT
05-05-2021, 11:45 AM
Unstuck, We are huge advocates of Lean Manufacturing, as anyone who has taken a plant tour can attest. We practice it every day. So...yes there is an ongoing focus on Continuous Improvement in all areas of our company. There are and will be several Kaizen projects which will come from this new environment and what we have experienced.

Great to hear of your interest in the topic.

Rick

mojoylw
05-05-2021, 07:10 PM
Unstuck, We are huge advocates of Lean Manufacturing, as anyone who has taken a plant tour can attest. We practice it every day. So...yes there is an ongoing focus on Continuous Improvement in all areas of our company. There are and will be several Kaizen projects which will come from this new environment and what we have experienced.

Great to hear of your interest in the topic.

Rick

Do you guys have any idea when the next batch of horns will be in? was told thats what my boat is waiting for?

HFarr
05-05-2021, 07:26 PM
Do you guys have any idea when the next batch of horns will be in? was told thats what my boat is waiting for?Man if a horn is all that is missing, beg them to ship without it and go to Advance Auto and buy you a car horn! The single tone boat horns are kinda wimpy sounding anyway! LOL!
[emoji1]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

mojoylw
05-05-2021, 07:27 PM
Man if a horn is all that is missing, beg them to ship without it and go to Advance Auto and buy you a car horn! The single tone boat horns are kinda wimpy sounding anyway! LOL!
[emoji1]

I said this to my dealer, he said becuase it is crossing the border to canada it needs a horn installed before hand :confused:

HFarr
05-05-2021, 08:42 PM
I said this to my dealer, he said becuase it is crossing the border to canada it needs a horn installed before hand :confused:Whaaaaaaat? [emoji44]. That's even crazier than the fact that they can't get a horn in the first place! You should buy a horn and ship it to them to install. Then say ship me my boat! [emoji848]

larry_arizona
05-05-2021, 09:21 PM
Horn Is likely a federal requirement to sell a boat and its also cosmetic....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210506/4763f8321de9bf6a71086633998d00ff.jpg

dakota4ce
05-05-2021, 10:45 PM
Although this situation sucks, there is absolutely ZERO that can be done until parts, many unique to the boat industry, show up. It’s somewhat of a cafe industry, with supply chains that have unique bottlenecks.

As an aside, Ford has like a billion Super Duty trucks sitting awaiting chips. Otherwise complete.

And as another aside, Mastercraft DOES extra inventory in spots. Somewhat self explanatory.

zabooda
05-06-2021, 12:07 AM
Sound producing devices are required safety devices under USCG. Manufacturers cannot deliver products that do not meet minimum governmental requirements. Also, manufacturers don't deliver products with parts missing for liability, accountability and asthetics reasons.

sandm
05-06-2021, 12:12 AM
And as another aside, Mastercraft DOES extra inventory in spots. Somewhat self explanatory.

soooo true....
take a look at the dealer inventory on onlyinboards for sale. it's not tige/supreme/skiers/mb. it's bu/axis/mc.

horns are not required for boats according to the uscg. boats could be shipped with an air horn or a whistle. we were boarded many years ago by uscg in green bay. showed them a whistle and not our horn on board and they were fine.
https://www.uscgboating.org/content/frequently-asked-questions.php
Q: Do I need a horn on my boat?
A: Navigation Rules require sound signals to be made under certain circumstances, such as meeting, crossing, and overtaking other vessels. Recreational vessels are also required to use sound signals during periods of reduced visibility and while at anchor. A vessel of less than 39.4 feet (12 meters) must, at a minimum, have some means of making an efficient sound signal (i.e., handheld air horn, athletic whistle, installed horn, etc.). A human voice is not acceptable. A vessel 39.4 feet (12 meters) or greater must have a sound signaling appliance capable of producing an efficient sound signal, audible for a mile, with a 4- to 6-second duration.

RC_Hinojosa
05-06-2021, 12:13 AM
Sound producing devices are required safety devices under USCG. Manufacturers cannot deliver products that do not meet minimum governmental requirements. Also, manufacturers don't deliver products with parts missing for liability, accountability and asthetics reasons.You would think this would fall under common sense for most folks.

Who cares if it's missing an airbag, we'll ship it to them later. [emoji2363]

dakota4ce
05-06-2021, 08:16 AM
You would think this would fall under common sense for most folks.

You can just send your wife down there and they could ship the boat with her in it. That has to qualify as a sound producing device.

mojoylw
05-06-2021, 10:08 AM
You would think this would fall under common sense for most folks.

Yeah I understand skiers has to make sure the boat is 100% before being shipped.

I just would like to know how long ill be waiting.

RC_Hinojosa
05-06-2021, 10:27 AM
Yeah I understand skiers has to make sure the boat is 100% before being shipped.

I just would like to know how long ill be waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk....and there's the rub.

You are spending a lot of coin so it's not unreasonable to want to simply be kept in the loop....but your dealer doesn't want to give you a date that may slip and break your expectations.

mojoylw
05-06-2021, 11:51 AM
....and there's the rub.

You are spending a lot of coin so it's not unreasonable to want to simply be kept in the loop....but your dealer doesn't want to give you a date that may slip and break your expectations.

Would be nice to know a approximate window. im also expecting shipping/custom delays into Canada because that just how the world is right now.

SONIC
05-06-2021, 03:07 PM
I own a company that's also being slammed with supply chain issues at the moment.
Our metal prices are 3x what they were a year ago, our hardwood pricing is up 40% and our softwood prices are up 2-400%.
Add to that the fact that shipping from overseas is super delayed by overloaded ports, resin is in short supply/nonexistant.
As a business there's only so much you can feasibly do.

We make butcher block countertops and 14' walnut is impossibly to come by at the moment so 14' orders are on hold. Most customers are annoyed but understand. A few however are real jackasses and want to make threats or yell at someone which isn't going to make walnut magically appear in our shop. When I tell them (politely) to shove it, take a refund and order from someone else who also can't get the lumber they suddenly get all apologetic and can wait "a bit longer as long as you get it fast".

Super frustrating to see people bitching about this stuff when it's really not anyone's fault other than the general situation.
Like Rick said, they want to make it just as much as you want to have it. The other option is to give people their money back which no one wants after already ordering all the parts for the build.

As to an approximate window they likely literally don't know, just like we don't know. They are waiting on the horn manufacturer who is waiting on the injection molding plant who is waiting on the resin plant who is still trying to make more resin after it all froze in texas. It's not possible for them to tell you when that will happen. As frustrating as that it it's just the way it is at the moment.

Just my 2c from a different perspective.

Schlanseay
05-06-2021, 10:54 PM
Holding out hope my June build isn’t cancelled or pushed to 2022….should find out next week

Tommy2slow
05-07-2021, 12:23 AM
Sonic is absolutely correct. Global shipping, whether by air or sea, has been overwhelmed by the covid pandemic. Huge increases in online shopping, border restrictions and reduced staffing have lead to an unprecedented situation that is going to get worse before it gets better. I work in the parts department at the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer and our struggles with getting the parts shipped to us from all corners of the globe are a nightmare. Shipments that would normally take 3-5 days are now 3-5 weeks. And that is after waiting weeks for the part to become available to ship in the first place. SC is absolutely experiencing the same issues as is all of their suppliers. I suppose that shipping the boat without a horn introduces liability issues that SC is not going to expose themselves to. I understand that it is extremely frustrating to not have your boat yet but there is very little that anyone can do about the shipping situation and we are all in this together.

RC_Hinojosa
05-08-2021, 08:19 AM
I hope nobody is on a list for a first edition Bronco....[emoji17]

https://carbuzz.com/news/official-ford-bronco-production-shutting-down

sandm
05-08-2021, 10:16 AM
seen a few of those around here so some got deliveries but not many. sucks...

both chevy and gm lots are pretty much out of business and could make more money renting the lot out for autox. 17 carlots in a few square blocks and gm seems to be the only lots that are pretty much wiped out. every other vendor has a decent lot full. know there's some struggles getting exactly what you want but they have something. chevy lot sales building has no cars left inside and up until yesterday if you wanted a full size truck you could choose from 2. they have 10ish now.

couple times I've ridden past on my way to work and wondered how the salesmen I see hanging around the light poles are going to pay the bills this month with nothing to sell. gotta be a little demoralizing.

larry_arizona
05-08-2021, 10:57 AM
Auto dealers inventories are far worse than it appears.

I was in a launch meeting for the new Hummer this week and GM claims despite being grim in 2nd qtr, they fully expect to recover all lost production in 3rd and 4th qtr.

I don’t see how, supplier can’t double line rate capacity to meet that demand even if semiconductors become available.

As a auto supplier there are several hurdles. But step 1 is getting Long Beach port open and get these log jammed China ships unloaded.

We are paying premiums to move entire ships to Tacoma Washington to unload our components.

It would help if the federal unemployment would stop and California fully opened up.

Holdmybeer
05-08-2021, 11:32 AM
I work in the industry also.
Building medium duty vans/trucks.
We were build gm product at full speed up until April. We curved production until 2 weeks ago, then started building rollers without ECUs to keep the plant moving.

We shutdown 1 line until mid summer but our heavy truck line is still running daily. Granted the larger vehicles have less electronics so that helps.
Our EV line is rocking though. We had 3yrs of production procured and in storage prior. It is really just consumer products that are hit the worse.

HFarr
05-08-2021, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=larry_arizona

It would help if the federal unemployment would stop and California fully opened up.

Larry, that statement says it all! This is why nobody wants to work anymore. You should never , ever, ever be able to make MORE money NOT working than you would working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]