PDA

View Full Version : 2005 moomba xlv sub placement

kganch
04-21-2021, 08:30 PM
I am looking at putting a 12JLW6v3 under the steering wheel. Has anyone made a custom box or used this sub in this boat?

sandm
04-21-2021, 10:27 PM
used that same sub in 3 of my 4 boats. closest to yours was my 2006 supra launch20. had to cut out the hump under the dash that the factory kenwood 10" came in and installed a box at the drivers helm footwell. there's plenty of space even if you have a heater to get the cuft you need.

HFarr
04-25-2021, 10:24 AM
If you're budget minded, I bought one of these 12" powered subs from Rockville and was totally amazed at the sound. I bought one and installed in the crownline I had at the time under a sink cabinet. Easy install and it really thumped hard an clean. Liked it so much I bought another for my daughters Wrangler unlimited. (Which we are selling now by the way). At the time I bought them for only 99 each. I figured for that money if they were junk, no big loss. But they really turned out sounding good. Really well built too. This is an Amazon link, but I got mine off eBay
httpss://www.amazon.com/dp/B0713XCXH2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_CHRRRYY45Y2Z9ANK5DZW