PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Mojo to Tige'RZX23

maxrider
04-21-2021, 08:08 AM
Well i am sad to say i had to cancel my Moomba Mojo order as it was going to be August before i got the boat. I found a good deal on a 2021 Tige'RZX23 that we liked so i pulled the trigger on it. It was a little more than i wanted to spend but had no choice if i wanted a boat this summer. The test drive was amazing on the RZX23 with that being said how is the quality of the Tige' compared to Mojo? The interior feels way nicer at first feel. It also has the 440 engine vs the 400 i had on order. Price was Mojo 104K vs RZX23 126K. I know this is a moomba site but does anyone have an experience with Tige' boats. Reason i posted here is the people here seem really knowledgeable here and give honest opinions.

Prospersigman
04-21-2021, 08:35 AM
I am sure I will get flammed for this but, the Tige RZX23 is a definite step up from a Moomba in quality of materials used, fit, finish, etc. The Tige would be more on par with the Supra lineup. In terms of wave quality, I cannot speak much to that as I haven't ridden behind a Tige.

larry_arizona
04-21-2021, 08:40 AM
The RZX23 is closer to a Supra. $126 is a good price.

Pics !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxrider
04-21-2021, 09:07 AM
I am sure I will get flammed for this but, the Tige RZX23 is a definite step up from a Moomba in quality of materials used, fit, finish, etc. The Tige would be more on par with the Supra lineup. In terms of wave quality, I cannot speak much to that as I haven't ridden behind a Tige.

Yea the fit and finish is what sold me on the boat. It was a little more than i wanted to spend but I also wanted a boat this summer so i bit the bullet.

maxrider
04-21-2021, 09:08 AM
The RZX23 is closer to a Supra. $126 is a good price.

Pics !!!!!

Will post when I get off work. And for the price in this market i thought it was a decent deal also.

larry_arizona
04-21-2021, 09:12 AM
One cool thing about the moomba forum is all boats seem welcome. I appreciate the other brands.

BigOrange
04-21-2021, 09:39 AM
Yeah, let’s see the boat. The RZX is a great looking boat in my opinion. Never had a chance to ride in/behind one.

maxrider
04-21-2021, 09:42 AM
One cool thing about the moomba forum is all boats seem welcome. I appreciate the other brands.

That’s right good information here

maxrider
04-21-2021, 09:58 AM
Yeah, let’s see the boat. The RZX is a great looking boat in my opinion. Never had a chance to ride in/behind one.

Any tips on uploading pictures from iPhone? Error everytime I try

Josh828
04-21-2021, 10:06 AM
Any tips on uploading pictures from iPhone? Error everytime I try

The tapatalk app makes it super simple to upload pictures straight from your phone

maxrider
04-21-2021, 10:41 AM

maxrider
04-21-2021, 10:42 AM

maxrider
04-21-2021, 10:43 AM

Josh828
04-21-2021, 11:04 AM
Veryyyy nice!
I always liked them even looked at the ATX just no dealers close to me

blay127
04-21-2021, 11:11 AM
"i had no choice!" lol i love it.

Your pics didnt come across at real high quality but you can tell thats a super clean boat that i'm sure you're going to love.

larry_arizona
04-21-2021, 11:12 AM
Looks like you used a potato for a camera, but what I can make out that Tige is sweet.

maxrider
04-21-2021, 11:18 AM
Looks like you used a potato for a camera, but what I can make out that Tige is sweet.

Lol its that tapatalk app pictures look good on my phone. Still trying to figure out this app to make them bigger.

Swervy
04-21-2021, 11:25 AM
A friend of mine has a 2018 and loves it. I didn’t get a chance to ride behind it due to recovering from a surgery, but we were able to go out for a cruise and my wife was able test it out. She said the wave was great. The fit and finish was outstanding. Enjoy your new ride!

Guppydriver
04-21-2021, 12:25 PM
I've come to realize that the members of this site belong to the boat community first, brand community second!

Although I have a non SC on the way, this is still my favorite message message board and I've learned more than I could have ever expected....some through very lengthy PM's that helped me immensely when going through a very stressful process of buying my first V drive. Heck, as a matter of fact, when and if my boat comes, I'll be just as excited to post pics of it here as I will on my own brands forum (which is very small and not very active admittedly).

I agree that the Tige is an amazing boat! Of course, it should be for an additional 20% premium. Congrats! I have surfed and driven a neighbors 25ZX (almost positive that's what it was) and it was spectacular. The user interface and TAPS system is super cool and it is no doubt a great product. I think their ATX sub brand is more of a direct competitor with Moomba. The Tige is a upper echelon tow boat for sure. If I ever am fortunate enough to step into the world of premium brands, it will probably be Supra or Centurion, but only because I'm not a huge fan of my local Tige dealer.

sandm
04-21-2021, 12:31 PM
my cousin just picked up a 21 rzx23 and can't wait. I'm hoping to make a trip to boise this summer to surf it.

I'm with others. tige and moomba are apples and oranges. tige's lineup-in most cases-is a direct shop to supra.

full disclosure, we're on our 3rd tige. haven't been able to connect a moomba purchase whenever we have been looking. they make great boats and will surf well. our second one was a $hitshow from prior owner and we sold it quickly but the 1st and 3rd were new purchases and our only warranty issue we have ever had were decals on the first one.
126k is a steal for a 23.
I'll agree with everything guppy posts as well. great forum here.

and josh, you'll be MUCH happier with the mojo over the atx line imo. the ONLY thing atx has going for it in my book is tige clear. their interface has to be one of the best out there right now but the rest of the boat? give me a moomba.

maxrider
04-21-2021, 12:50 PM
my cousin just picked up a 21 rzx23 and can't wait. I'm hoping to make a trip to boise this summer to surf it.

I'm with others. tige and moomba are apples and oranges. tige's lineup-in most cases-is a direct shop to supra.

full disclosure, we're on our 3rd tige. haven't been able to connect a moomba purchase whenever we have been looking. they make great boats and will surf well. our second one was a $hitshow from prior owner and we sold it quickly but the 1st and 3rd were new purchases and our only warranty issue we have ever had were decals on the first one.
126k is a steal for a 23.
I'll agree with everything guppy posts as well. great forum here.

and josh, you'll be MUCH happier with the mojo over the atx line imo. the ONLY thing atx has going for it in my book is tige clear. their interface has to be one of the best out there right now but the rest of the boat? give me a moomba.

Yes o agree with you 100%. The Moomba overall fit and finish is better than a ATX. ATX is seat hinges and a true reversible seat away from being a killer boat. And no sub floor ballast. It just felt really cheap to me. And for 95k just over priced. Moomba is by far the best boat in the 100k range.

larry_arizona
04-21-2021, 01:02 PM
Are the Tige sub floor?

maxrider
04-21-2021, 01:07 PM
Are the Tige sub floor?

Yes with plug and play on top of that. Pretty much same as Moomba ballast

larry_arizona
04-21-2021, 01:10 PM
Yes with plug and play on top of that.

So max stock ballast isn’t all sub floor?

maxrider
04-21-2021, 01:17 PM
So max stock ballast isn’t all sub floor?

It has a total of 4100# of ballast with a bag in each rear locker by the engine. I think it’s 3000 sub floor

Bigs28
04-21-2021, 03:27 PM
I shopped atx hard. Big con was you couldn't get a clean wakeboarding wave at under 24mph. It's built to be a surf boat. It surfed crazy good, stock, with just a driver in the boat. Was on the brakes the entire time there was so much push. But again my 5 year old and wife are not wakeskating or wakeboarding at 24mph. And quite honestly neither am i. I looked at tige as well but for the price i ended up going moomba mojo. Unfortunately i couldn't test one as there aren't any at the dealers so when it comes in i will let you know how it compares to the atx.

brad460
04-21-2021, 04:12 PM
The Tige boats look awesome! We just about pulled the trigger on an ATX last fall (much better looking boat than any of the Moomba’s)..ultimately we went with the Moomba as the price was better (bigger boat for the same price)..

Guppydriver
04-21-2021, 04:28 PM
Moomba is by far the best boat in the 100k range.

Welllllllll.......lol.

I love the Moomba and I agree that it offers I think the most comprehensive value for your dollar in the "entry level" price brands or whatever they call it. I'm not sure I would say "by far" though. I spent 104K for my boat and I (obviously) think it compares pretty well to Moomba. My brand is a bit if a regional oddity though. It is very popular in my state with great dealer support and resale value. Once you leave a few select geographic areas, you lose the dealer support and name recognition though, and I would have for sure gone with the Moomba in that case.

If I were in the market for a 2022 (well known brand) my order of preference would be-
1. Moomba
2. Axis
3. ATX
4. NTX (MC)
5. Supreme s238 (the ZS isn't really a budget line)

Now premium towboats are a different story. There are some pretty awesome machines out there . I think for me it would be Supra or a Centurion Ri neck and neck at first, but the G is nothing to balk at either!

maxrider
04-21-2021, 04:41 PM
I shopped atx hard. Big con was you couldn't get a clean wakeboarding wave at under 24mph. It's built to be a surf boat. It surfed crazy good, stock, with just a driver in the boat. Was on the brakes the entire time there was so much push. But again my 5 year old and wife are not wakeskating or wakeboarding at 24mph. And quite honestly neither am i. I looked at tige as well but for the price i ended up going moomba mojo. Unfortunately i couldn't test one as there aren't any at the dealers so when it comes in i will let you know how it compares to the atx.

Yes if ATX would up there game just a little on the interior I would have bought one. Those long seats with no hinges suck and the reverse seat is to cheesy I couldn’t drop right at 100k on it. And for an Axis no way that tower is butt ugly in my opinion.

Guppydriver
04-21-2021, 07:12 PM
Yes if ATX would up there game just a little on the interior I would have bought one. Those long seats with no hinges suck and the reverse seat is to cheesy I couldn’t drop right at 100k on it. And for an Axis no way that tower is butt ugly in my opinion.

Axis is a great out of the box surf wave, but I agree @maxrider , that abortion they call a tower is an absolute deal breaker. That and a dash that looks like a 1980's fish finder.

larry_arizona
04-21-2021, 07:21 PM
Axis is a great out of the box surf wave, but I agree @maxrider , that abortion they call a tower is an absolute deal breaker. That and a dash that looks like a 1980's fish finder.

All Mastercraft towers are equally ugly

sandm
04-21-2021, 07:28 PM
All Mastercraft towers are equally ugly

here in vegas we have a mc/heyday dealer on the water at boulder beach. I see more heydays than I do mc's running around :)

Guppydriver
04-21-2021, 09:34 PM
here in vegas we have a mc/heyday dealer on the water at boulder beach. I see more heydays than I do mc's running around :)

I'm very sorry that happens to you sandm, I know those are hard to unsee. Don't give up hope that things may get better.

russellsmojo
04-21-2021, 10:07 PM
The rzx23 is a 6,000 pound 23 foot boat plus 4,100 in ballast. Am I reading that correctly? That would be like an SL with 1,000 pounds of lead right? Great starting weight!

UNSTUCK
04-21-2021, 10:54 PM
I'm on my third Tige. Not a Tige fan boy, just kind of keeps working out this way. I owned a 2017 RZX3 and we really liked it. Didn't know what Covid was going to do so we had an opportunity to sell and regret it now. My wife really wants another one. We are in an RZX2 now. We miss the storage space the 3 has. You'll be very happy with it.

One thing to note, yes it is that heavy. Loaded up for a day on the lake the two axle 8k gvw Boatmate trailer is overweight. That was with no lead. As I recall we were 8400 loaded.

sandm
04-21-2021, 11:46 PM
I'm very sorry that happens to you sandm, I know those are hard to unsee. Don't give up hope that things may get better.

I'm hoping at some point this year I meet up with a heyday owner launching and I can score a quick surf behind one but so far I have only ran into them leaving. I have heard they put out a good wave.
they are ugly as F but ask any car guy what a gremlin or an aztek is and even 20 or 40 years later they know. heyday may be that boat line....

Josh828
04-22-2021, 08:27 AM
I'm hoping at some point this year I meet up with a heyday owner launching and I can score a quick surf behind one but so far I have only ran into them leaving. I have heard they put out a good wave.
they are ugly as F but ask any car guy what a gremlin or an aztek is and even 20 or 40 years later they know. heyday may be that boat line....

Im just not sure how you expect this to put down a good wave...

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RI0AAOSwAu5fpy-t/s-l1600.jpg

Zog
04-22-2021, 10:14 AM

Like the Aztec with their tent attachment, you can get some additional functionality out of a Heyday. Those back seats are just itching for a jacuzzi mod!

maxrider
04-22-2021, 10:56 AM
The rzx23 is a 6,000 pound 23 foot boat plus 4,100 in ballast. Am I reading that correctly? That would be like an SL with 1,000 pounds of lead right? Great starting weight!

Yes the RZX23 is 6000 pounds and has 4100 pounds of standard ballast. It makes a huge wave in my opinion but i am no expert by any means.

korey
04-22-2021, 12:20 PM

I caught a ride behind one here in KY last year. It's true, it surfs better than my sacked and leaded out Craz. I still don't want it. I don't even want to be tied up next to it.

larry_arizona
04-22-2021, 12:44 PM
Don’t they claim nearly identical hull as G23?

korey
04-22-2021, 01:08 PM
That would be a dumb thing to assert from an intellectual property point of view. heyday, Bryant, and nautique/CC are all related in a weird way. They way I understand it, John Dorton once worked for Mastercraft. Then ended up at Bryant Boats, but had a non compete with his former employer that kept him from making inboard towboats - you'll notice a period in Bryant's history where they made some really decent looking I/Os with wakeboat type styling, but were not V drive... Then they spun up Heyday as a separate entity (presumably when that non-compete expired). Then Bayliner bought Heyday. Then nautique/CC bought Bryant. I think Dorton is still involved with both though. The boating industry is very incestuous like that, LOL.

Sources:
https://boatingindustry.com/news/2016/08/30/bayliner-boats-acquires-heyday-inboards/
https://boatingindustry.com/top-stories/2018/02/26/everybodys-gone-surfin/

Sorry for getting WAY off the Tige topic... RE Tige, I'm always confused at which model is what. I'll admit to having the same ignorance to Supra models before really getting into the brand though. We don't see as many Tiges east of the Mississippi since they're a TX brand, but the ones that I have seen were stunners! I love the diamond stitching that you see in them