good and so perfect, and then go to #@!%. The boat was perfect, the ride

was perfect, a beautiful sunny southern california day. That was untill I

tried to put it back on the trailer. With a very strong side wind and the fact

that my buddy pulled the trailer in crooked. It must have taken 10 attempts

to finally get it on. So I pull it out the water and what happens.....my

battery on my truck dies. Not 20 feet out of the water. 2 hours later

with a new battery we head home. Stop for a bite to eat, somehow lose my cell

phone that I just bought 2 months ago. :evil: So I guess it could have

been worse so I will stop complaining. Thanks for letting me vent a little.

:D

Hopefully I will have some pics to post tomorrow since I also forgot to

take some. :shock:

moomba_armada
04-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey Pike...I think you will just remember a beautiful sunny first day in such a nice boat...forget the bad things.
Looking forward to see those great pics.
Congrats!! :D

Zihuatanejo
04-14-2007, 11:42 AM
The second day I had My outback My dad I went to Prior lake to put some hours on the boat. I had backed the trailer in to far and when I let the boat off the trailer It hit and left a 1in gouge in the front of boat right by the lights. There was also a large pile of sand at the landing that I didn't know about and as I backed up I heard the sound of the rocks hitting the bottom of the boat and tearing up the prop. It was our first inboard and we learned a lot that summer. Escecialy how much gell coat work costs. Not to say you didn't have a bad day I thought may help to hear someone knows your pain.

Buttafewcoe
04-14-2007, 01:01 PM
There's just such excitement (even after 3 yrs, mine's an '04) getting your boat out, that you really forget everything else you need to keep track of.
So far, Ive lost 2 cell phones; one left laying on the sun pad, one because of tanning oil (my story and I'm sticking to it), 4 anchors, $400 bucks because I forgot to take my wallet out of me shorts, and that's just a partial list.
I'm getting better at keeping my head in the game. Really what it amounts to, right?
B

davidl
04-14-2007, 01:43 PM
:D SUNGLASSES,KEYS,HATS,TOWELS,CUT A NEW H.O. MACH 1 CUT IN TWO WITH THE PROP. First time out with our new lsv my wife snapped the left side Guide on the trailer :lol: But you know its all good like the saying go's Bad day on the lake is better than a good day at work!!
Hey Al from Oregon, Thanks for the stainless cup holder info, I just got mine from the same dealer they look great !. See-ya on Billy chinook this summer. Also we will be at Shasta Lake california 3rd week July. anyone there ?.See-ya David

swimordie
04-14-2007, 03:29 PM
My mother-in-law lost her $2500.00 diamond wedding ring...

My father-in-law was coming into the dock way too fast (nothing new). My mother-in-law was putting her ring back on her hand at the same time he was trying to dock the boat. In an attempt to stop the boat from hitting the dock she put her hands out (with the ring half on her finger) and PLOP! There goes her ring...right to the bottom of Shasta. This happened right as darkness set in so there was no way we were going to see it that night. Plus anyone that has been to Shasta knows the bottom drops like 15 feet for every 10 feet off the shore.

Early the next morning I drove back to the lake with a mask and started diving. I dove so deep my nose was bleeding. Just as I was ready to call it quits I made one last dive. As I was working my way along the bottom there she was...perched on top of a huge boulder, sparkling like a virgin on prom night. Surely this would be my ticket to forgiveness and they would finally get over me taking their daughter from them. Face covered in blood with ring held high above my head, I broke the surface of the water looking to my father-in-law for approval.

Needless to say they were extremely pleased. However, nothing changed. He still wouldn’t let me take his boat out without him there. Looking back, I’m soooooo lucky he is such an ass. That is why my wife and I bought our own boat and have joined the Moomba family.

Wolf-
04-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Surely this would be my ticket to forgiveness and they would finally get over me taking their daughter from them. Face covered in blood with ring held high above my head, I broke the surface of the water looking to my father-in-law for approval.

Needless to say they were extremely pleased. However, nothing changed. He still wouldn’t let me take his boat out without him there. Looking back, I’m soooooo lucky he is such an ass. That is why my wife and I bought our own boat and have joined the Moomba family.

Bwhahahahahaha.
Similar reasons for owning here.