PDA

View Full Version : How long is LSV dual Axle Trailer with boat on it?

shulaj
04-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Is it longer than the one axle?????? I need to know EXACTLY how much longer it is versus the 1 axle. Thanks. I may change my order but want to know if it will fit in my garage/.

qb12
04-13-2007, 05:40 PM
i have no clue, but would guess it would be the same length. just it has a additional axle.

if i were you, i would just call boatmate direct and ask them.

Wolf-
04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
i have no clue, but would guess it would be the same length. just it has a additional axle.

if i were you, i would just call boatmate direct and ask them.

I actually talked to Boatmate today.
My trailer has been repainted.
However, it is still sitting in TN.
Four hours away.
They are "trying to figure out how to get it back down here". ???????

Meanwhile, my Moomba sits at the dealer.
Nothing like making payments on a boat I can't use. Bah.

Jon
04-13-2007, 08:30 PM
should be the exact same.

davidl
04-13-2007, 09:05 PM
:o I would get the tandom, This is a heavy boat and it will tend to wander around behind your pull rig. We had a bearing go out on us a few years ago with a single axle and heavy boat. No fun on the side of the road !!...Have fun your getting a great boat...David

cab13367
04-14-2007, 02:03 AM
Shulaj,

My 2006 Mobius LSV with tandem axle trailer and swing tongue measures exactly 22'-2" from the tip of the wake plate (in full up position) to the front of the trailer, with the tongue swung around. It fits in my garage with about 6" to spare :wink:

My previous boat, a 20' stern drive, had a single axle trailer. I made sure to get a tandem axle this time because of two reasons: (1) Worry free towing. Never have to worry about it wagging back there. My sterndrive, would wag occassionally especially if I had a bunch of stuff in the boat and didn't have the weight balaced just right. (2) I towed the stern drive with a smallish vehicle (Grand Cherokee) so when we went on a camping trip, we ended up putting a lot of stull in the boat. This puts more load on the tires (since there are only two) and on one trip, I blew a tire on the highway in the middle of nowhere on the 4th of July. The heat and the extra weight overcame the tires and one finally gave up. With 4 tires sharing the load on a tandem, this is less likely to happen.

Hope this helps.

Al