PDA

View Full Version : Early predictions for 2022

larry_arizona
03-14-2021, 09:57 AM
With many dealers sold out and taking early deposits for 2022 orders. Let’s have some fun speculating what SC has coming next.....

I predict Supra will skip updating the SR and bring out an all new Supra SL.

Not really much to improve on the SL, maybe 12” subs molded in like SE and SA. New interior and top deck styling.

2022 start rolling out in July right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaguel
03-14-2021, 10:22 AM
I would like the SL be redesigned along the SA lines. The SA is the best looking Supra boat. I don't think that's going to happen this time around though. SL is a great boat as it is and selling well so why spend $$$ on retooling and new molds to fix something that's not broken.
I think the Craz is next in line to have something done. I dont think its a big seller right now. All I see are Mondo's, Kaiyens, and Max's in that size range getting all the attention. It might even get retired.

cwfehr
03-14-2021, 10:53 AM
I was talking with my dealer as I was looking at 21 or 22 SL. He believed the 22SL would be redone along the lines of the SA. No major changes apart from the more aggrrssive styling, 12 inch subs, and if I recall correctly hinged bow cushions. All major components, like swell 3.0, ballast, vision control remain the same. Does the SA have more freeboard than the SL? That would be nive to have as well, bit not necessary IMO.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
03-14-2021, 10:54 AM
I can’t argue that the SL needs nothing “fixed”. It was so good when it came out in 2018 and the SE and SA adopted all of its attributes.

They could easily just update to 12” subs and and hinged bow seats and be done, I personally love the SL lines.

Just basing the new SL on the Supra design cadence.

Moomba is a little more tricky to predict. With the following boat lineup....

20 Mondo new 2021
21.5 Kaiyen new 2020
22 Craz new 2016
22.5Max new 2018
23 Mojo new 2021.5
24.5 Makai new 2019

Easy pick would be Craz is next up or like was mentioned eliminated. Maybe they could do a Craz/Max hybrid?

My dealer has the mondo,kaiyen,mojo and Makai lined up next to each other in order and they truly are the same design with varying lengths, could they add a 22’ or is it too similar to the Kaiyen?

Oldernotwiser
03-14-2021, 02:01 PM
Love the lines on the SL, Should stay different from SA IMO. My wish list. Quiet down the engine/transmission noise level, change in floor cooler opening to open from rear, allow two metallic colours on paint scheme, improve resolution and zoom and move tower camera to side so rope doesn’t interfere. They have improved on so many items every year and can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2022.

2in2out
03-14-2021, 10:28 PM
I think the SL will get some updates. Hopefully all will get some work on lowering the trans/v-drive noise.

Hopefully better resolution and positioning of both cameras and fix the GoPro integration.

I’d like to see all the seats hinged with zoned heating. I think that would be awesome for the cold water folks.

I think the Vision system is up for a redo. It needs multi platform app integration like some of the cars have(CarPlay, Google, Alexa, etc). Bluetooth ignition unlock that acts like a cars convenience system, so if your phone/watch is in proximity you can keyless start. And maybe drivers seat memory settings.

I know it wouldn’t do much in the warm climate areas, but maybe hydronic circulation around the cooler basin to help the cooler stay “cooler”.

Last thought. Move the battery switch to under the drivers console or behind the drivers seat at its current height so we don’t leave it open and step on it when doing checks, lowering tower, etc.

And integrate Justin’s trash chutes. Those are money.

Schlanseay
05-08-2021, 07:25 PM
Anyone hear anything yet?!

brad460
05-08-2021, 10:10 PM
I wouldn’t expect any changes from any recreation manufacturer...getting currently sourced parts is hard enough, let alone having to get new molds, tooling, etc and sourcing new parts sounds impossible.

My dealer did send out an email last week telling folks to start ordering their 2022 boats now :eek:

Schlanseay
05-08-2021, 10:19 PM
I wouldn’t expect any changes from any recreation manufacturer...getting currently sourced parts is hard enough, let alone having to get new molds, tooling, etc and sourcing new parts sounds impossible.

My dealer did send out an email last week telling folks to start ordering their 2022 boats now :eek:

When does 2022 pricing and option details typically come out? I would assume soon if 2022 production starts in July.

larry_arizona
05-09-2021, 08:52 AM

My dealer has been taking deposits on 22’s since January. They were sold out of 21 build slots since November.

haknslash
05-09-2021, 11:50 AM
My dealer has been taking deposits on 22’s since January. They were sold out of 21 build slots since November.

Pretty much the same with my dealer. They said if I'd be waiting for delivery until at least September if I were someone who ordered now.

sandm
05-09-2021, 12:11 PM
onlyinboards is about to cross the 1000 boat threshold-in the wrong direction. 2 years ago it sat at 5500-although a chunk were not truly for sale and most of that has been cleaned up.
it's across the industry seems with tige/supreme/mb/skiers and the other smaller boat builders. wanna buy a bu/axis/mc? they seem to be everywhere for sale and those 3 brands make up exactly half of the inboards listings currently.

interesting times. I hope that the boat builders are stuffing cash away for a rainy day. at some point the economy will turn or in some spots the lakes will become over-saturated.

imagine having to call ahead for a launch time similar to a tee time :)

larry_arizona
05-09-2021, 12:49 PM
onlyinboards is about to cross the 1000 boat threshold-in the wrong direction. 2 years ago it sat at 5500-although a chunk were not truly for sale and most of that has been cleaned up.
it's across the industry seems with tige/supreme/mb/skiers and the other smaller boat builders. wanna buy a bu/axis/mc? they seem to be everywhere for sale and those 3 brands make up exactly half of the inboards listings currently.

interesting times. I hope that the boat builders are stuffing cash away for a rainy day. at some point the economy will turn or in some spots the lakes will become over-saturated.

imagine having to call ahead for a launch time similar to a tee time :)

Lakes were busy last year and only going to get busier.

Hoping this year the DNR will manning the launch sites again, that was a huge problem in Michigan last year, unmanned sites equaled log jammed boat ramps.

The keys to getting on the lakes near me.

1) midweek boating, I have a WiFi hotspot so I can work from the boat which is a bonus.

2) Get on the lake early on the weekends, last year I was often the only non fishing boat at the ramp, although I am sure the fishermen hated me.

3) I found a secret lake 1.2 miles from my house, on July 4th last year when all the lakes were packed, I was the only one on this 80 acre lake. It’s all deep and you can get a great surf run in, wakeboarding would be tricky.It has a nice launch and 4 trailer parking spots, so max 4 boats worst case.

TXSurf4
07-14-2021, 11:59 AM
It is coming.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F65rIh9YKBs

Vanfamkaiyen
07-14-2021, 12:12 PM
Has a Jurassic park feel to it!

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 12:25 PM
New SL,

Sweet

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 12:45 PM
Kinda odd that the tower is partially down as the boat it backing out of slip.

New tower design?

rhouse181
07-14-2021, 02:28 PM
Kinda odd that the tower is partially down as the boat it backing out of slip.

New tower design?

Looks like powered vertical adjustment capability instead of just folding... similar to the Nauti tower.

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 02:35 PM
Looks like powered vertical adjustment capability instead of just folding... similar to the Nauti tower.

The more I look at it, it looks like it’s just tipped forward a bit, but in the background there is a white fxone tower on a boat

TXSurf4
07-14-2021, 02:41 PM
The more I look at it, it looks like it’s just tipped forward a bit, but in the background there is a white fxone tower on a boat

I am glad I am not the only one that has watched it numerous times trying to analyze everything lol. It looks like it is an FXOne and is actually being folded up as it backs out...? or is it an optical illusion?

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 02:53 PM
I am glad I am not the only one that has watched it numerous times trying to analyze everything lol. It looks like it is an FXOne and is actually being folded up as it backs out...? or is it an optical illusion?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210714/76706d20926656f27afbfc95996d4a11.jpg
You can see it’s a tipped forward fxone, plus you can see the white fxone in background.

This has to be the SL, has the same style top deck kicked up depth after the tower mount area as the SA.

Looks like the added foot of boat is rear of the tower for a roomy cabin.

I don’t see “SL 4XX” emblems on the aft top deck.

Vanfamkaiyen
07-14-2021, 03:26 PM
SL 550. Emblems are there, just gotta pause it on the right spot. Also someone else in the boat raising the tower back up.

TXSurf4
07-14-2021, 03:28 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210714/76706d20926656f27afbfc95996d4a11.jpg
You can see it’s a tipped forward fxone, plus you can see the white fxone in background.

This has to be the SL, has the same style top deck kicked up depth after the tower mount area as the SA.

Looks like the added foot of boat is rear of the tower for a roomy cabin.

I don’t see “SL 4XX” emblems on the aft top deck.

Ya it definitely appears to be an SL and the FXOne tower. I am sure the emblems are there but with them being black on black it is tough to see. I think the tower being tilted makes it appear longer on the back end. Still a cool teaser though and not much if anything given away by this. I definitely like the feel they gave the video instead of blue skies and sunshine it has a very ominous feel or as someone else said a sort of Jurassic feel.

rhouse181
07-14-2021, 03:37 PM
Damn, you guys are good!

Prospersigman
07-14-2021, 04:01 PM
All new Swell Surf and autowake system, 4500lbs of subfloor ballast in hard tanks not bags and a little more dead rise would make for the perfect boat.

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 04:09 PM
All new Swell Surf and autowake system, 4500lbs of subfloor ballast in hard tanks not bags and a little more dead rise would make for the perfect boat.

I thought peeps hated hard tanks due to cracking etc.

I did here new SL has 4000# subfloor like the SE.

HFarr
07-14-2021, 04:13 PM
I bet that the marketing guys at SC are having a blast reading all the comments and speculations being made here! They are probably planning there next video release now and saying "ok man, let's put a blurry sticker on the side of the boat that's sort of shaped like a Malibu emblem and see what they say it is" LOL![emoji23]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 04:15 PM
This is half the fun, trying to predict cryptic tease videos and leaks.

All in good fun, and SC gets free buzz.

Vanfamkaiyen
07-14-2021, 04:57 PM
Having seen the new SL, it most definitely is the new SL!

Prospersigman
07-14-2021, 04:59 PM
Pics and description or it didn't happen!!

HFarr
07-14-2021, 04:59 PM
This is half the fun, trying to predict cryptic tease videos and leaks.

All in good fun, and SC gets free buzz.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI agree whole heartedly!

Vanfamkaiyen
07-14-2021, 05:07 PM
Pics and description or it didn't happen!!

I got screen shots before they were removed on another forum, I’ll post them on 8/03/2021. I’ll say this, it looks like an SE and an SA had a kid.... really good looking boat! Some cool new interior options as well.

mjb929rr
07-14-2021, 05:16 PM
I got screen shots before they were removed on another forum, I’ll post them on 8/03/2021. I’ll say this, it looks like an SE and an SA had a kid.... really good looking boat! Some cool new interior options as well.

I have some as well from my dealer. Very good description there. I wonder if the online builder will reflect the new model on 8/3? We have an October slot but would like to start playing with options and colors soon.

haknslash
07-14-2021, 05:24 PM
Online builder always lags well behind the initial marketing release information. Usually at least a month or so behind it unfortunately.

SSurfer321
07-20-2021, 06:44 AM
My order (22 Mondo) was pushed to a 22 MY.

Base price has gone up almost $5k. Tower speakers will have lights in them now. Heater option is not available as SC cannot source them. That's all I've been able to discern based on my build sheets.

mgswake
07-21-2021, 06:19 PM
Will any Supra’s hit the 200k threshold this year? Malibu and Nautique are pushing 300k. Can’t believe these prices. The boats are beauties though.

larry_arizona
07-21-2021, 09:42 PM
Will any Supra’s hit the 200k threshold this year? Malibu and Nautique are pushing 300k. Can’t believe these prices. The boats are beauties though.

Pretty easy to get an SE into the 200’s in 21.

SL and SA maxed out with 550’s broke into the 200’s with all the boxes checked in 21

sandm
07-22-2021, 11:26 AM
https://germainemarine.com/boats/2022-supra-se/

this is the one that made me say wtf.....
https://germainemarine.com/boats/2022-moomba-craz/

uniwarking
07-22-2021, 12:20 PM
These price increases are insane that's for sure. Retail cost on a Mojo has doubled in 8 years. Like 9% increase on average. At this rate, if I keep this boat for 8 years and look to buy another "comparable" Moomba boat then... I'd be looking at the mid $200's. This may be the last boat I can afford to buy... I know my salary isn't keeping pace with these increases! These annual increases far exceed other products from what I'm seeing too... especially things like vehicles and heavy machinery that have plenty of commodity concerns like steel, rubber and electronics. It is what it is, obviously there is still a market eager to buy!

sleek98
07-22-2021, 12:26 PM
These price increases are insane that's for sure. Retail cost on a Mojo has doubled in 8 years. Like 9% increase on average. At this rate, if I keep this boat for 8 years and look to buy another "comparable" Moomba boat then... I'd be looking at the mid $200's. This may be the last boat I can afford to buy... I know my salary isn't keeping pace with these increases! These annual increases far exceed other products from what I'm seeing too... especially things like vehicles and heavy machinery that have plenty of commodity concerns like steel, rubber and electronics. It is what it is, obviously there is still a market eager to buy!

I think we are going to see more of the truck pricing model in the next few years. Yeah MSRP might be 125k for it but in a bad year you can get 15-20% off with rebates and incentives and in good years (like now with more buyers than slots) your paying full msrp.

TXSurf4
07-22-2021, 12:31 PM
I think we are going to see more of the truck pricing model in the next few years. Yeah MSRP might be 125k for it but in a bad year you can get 15-20% off with rebates and incentives and in good years (like now with more buyers than slots) your paying full msrp.

I agree. I don't think this market will hold long term and while the MSRPs won't come down the discounts will become deeper. Now when that will all happen who knows........

Just blows my mind sometimes that with people not working boats, trucks and houses are flying off the market and most times never even hitting the market. Crazy times!

sandm
07-22-2021, 12:39 PM

already seeing that on other brands in years past, just not moomba. our discount on the 2 tiges we have bought new have been 17% in '12 and 24% in '20 and know that some are seeing that in years past on supras/nauttys/'bu's. now it's msrp plus.

Yzfguy06
07-22-2021, 12:56 PM
Something interesting tho... I've been watching only inboards for Supras (19 and newer) for sale for a while. It got down to 4 boats for sale. Its up to 14 for sale now that have prices listed. I have not seen that many for sale in a while.

sandm
07-22-2021, 02:04 PM
onlyinboards is slowly creeping up with listings on used boats. couple hundred more in the last 2 weeks.
I wonder if the market will start to turn over this upcoming winter and all the HUGE price increases end up being a short sighted decision.

larry_arizona
07-22-2021, 02:05 PM
People are absolutely going to take advantage of elevated prices to get out of the sport with a profit in hand.

sleek98
07-22-2021, 02:08 PM
onlyinboards is slowly creeping up with listings on used boats. couple hundred more in the last 2 weeks.
I wonder if the market will start to turn over this upcoming winter and all the HUGE price increases end up being a short sighted decision.

I have been seeing less and less boats out on our lake since early June. Skyrocketing gas prices as well as regular life coming back I think alot of people are ditching their boats that they bought last year when gas was 2.39 a gallon on the water here and they had nothing to do. Now that gas is 4.75 a gallon and they can go back to concerts and vacations they dont want the 500 a month payment sitting in the driveway or in their 200 a month storage unit.

Yzfguy06
07-28-2021, 08:31 PM
People are absolutely going to take advantage of elevated prices to get out of the sport with a profit in hand.

I can see that. There is a SA550 that just went up for sale that still has dealer paper plates on it. Its in Colorado... If i go by California (90 day paper plate) rules his plate expires in October so he just bought it...

sandm
07-28-2021, 08:53 PM
onlyinboards went up again by another 200 in the last 5 days. something tells me the used market is about to see a price correction. hope those that need to get out do and anyone who has a 2022 on order, i'd sure be looking long and hard at the new boat pricing vs what looks to be brewing on the used side.....

larry_arizona
07-28-2021, 08:54 PM
With the 2022 MSRP jump coming, it will shelter used prices a bit.

Yzfguy06
07-28-2021, 08:58 PM
With the 2022 MSRP jump coming, it will shelter used prices a bit.

It will a little bit. If boats continue to come up for sale it should start to drive prices down a bit. There have been 7 come up for sale in the last 4 days iirc... 2019 and newer.

2in2out
07-28-2021, 10:02 PM
It will a little bit. If boats continue to come up for sale it should start to drive prices down a bit. There have been 7 come up for sale in the last 4 days iirc... 2019 and newer.

OI got down to 4 boats 19-21 just after we sold ours, then in the last 3 weeks has been adding a boat or two a day. I’m keeping a watchful eye because we accepted an offer on our house, and at close CFO has given authorization to find a used 21 SA with a loaded laundry list and low hours. If we can’t find one, we’ll lock in an early spring build slot.

I’ve been seeing more than the usual amount of low hour SE’s, but SA’s and SL’s are on the rise.

Currently boatless

Vanfamkaiyen
07-28-2021, 10:40 PM
IMO a lot of these are COVID boat buyers….. nothing else to do so let’s try boating! Then you also have those that upgrade every year starting to hit the market. Camp trailers and land toys are seeing the same thing happen. There’s been a noticeable reduction in the amount of boats on the lake this year where I’m at!
Oh and then there seem to be those that get frustrated with boats thinking they just have to push a button and they’ll get a tsunami of a wave… or “I spent so much money, i shouldn’t have ANY issues EVER” people…

Vanfamkaiyen
07-29-2021, 12:09 AM
The asking prices on some of these used boats is crazy!!!
I’ve seen several ‘21 Mojos for 120k, just saw a Makai listed for 140k!!
I’m starting to think I got a killer deal on my new ‘22 SA!

mgswake
07-29-2021, 10:47 AM
The asking prices on some of these used boats is crazy!!!
I’ve seen several ‘21 Mojos for 120k, just saw a Makai listed for 140k!!
I’m starting to think I got a killer deal on my new ‘22 SA!

Makes me sad. On one hand it is great for SC and the other boat manufacturers, but not sure if I’ll ever get the new boat I’ve been wanting since I started wakeboarding. I think it was 2009 or 2010 the msrp on the moomba LSV was 35 or 39k. I understand a lot of tech and features have changed, but I personally don’t think these boats are worth more than double the Moomba’s of 10 years ago. This isn’t just a Moomba phenomenon, it is across all brands. Nautiques in that time frame have gone from 60-70k to 150-210k depending on model.

Obviously, a lot of factors play in here; cost of materials, increased features and technology, inflation, and longer loan terms. Just some thoughts, but I would go new Supra over a used Moomba at those prices.

Yzfguy06
07-29-2021, 02:12 PM
Makes me sad. On one hand it is great for SC and the other boat manufacturers, but not sure if I’ll ever get the new boat I’ve been wanting since I started wakeboarding. I think it was 2009 or 2010 the msrp on the moomba LSV was 35 or 39k. I understand a lot of tech and features have changed, but I personally don’t think these boats are worth more than double the Moomba’s of 10 years ago. This isn’t just a Moomba phenomenon, it is across all brands. Nautiques in that time frame have gone from 60-70k to 150-210k depending on model.

Obviously, a lot of factors play in here; cost of materials, increased features and technology, inflation, and longer loan terms. Just some thoughts, but I would go new Supra over a used Moomba at those prices.

It is a hard pill to swallow for sure. I want to buy one boat (supra) and be done. I saw a 2020 mojo listed for 98k... SA and SL are going for almost new too even 2019 models. That's pretty much new prices less dealer prep and dealer markup. I will wait for market correction and then buy. I feel it is a good sign for the amount of boats listing... however it also could be lack of water in lakes too. In Nor Cal we are hurting for water. Lakes are LOW. Folsom lake did not lift their 5 mph speed limit this year.

RC_Hinojosa
07-29-2021, 02:19 PM
2022 Teaser drop:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR4fB_XA-KV/?utm_medium=copy_link

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
07-29-2021, 11:26 PM
For new build spots, 2022 will be like 2021. Big demand for people looking to get into the Supra line, including other brand peeps crossing over.

Some first time Covid buyers will realize tow boats are not for them, but there will be more people getting into the sport with the economy good. Used prices will probably stay high, probably not like crazy high like now.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

darkknight
08-01-2021, 09:53 AM

The 2022 SL was accidentally posted and subsequently removed from Supra’s IG yesterday… just a few days early!

larry_arizona
08-01-2021, 09:58 AM
Great lines, that bow space with the arm rests is a nice touch.

Only thing I am not feeling is the side grate.

darkknight
08-01-2021, 11:17 AM
Great lines, that bow space with the arm rests is a nice touch.

Only thing I am not feeling is the side grate.

I don’t mind the grate, brings it more inline with the SA and SE. Agreed though, lines are great and the arm rests should be incredible. Excited to see the updates to the Vision dash. Coming to a lake near you, fellow Michigander.

larry_arizona
08-01-2021, 11:50 AM
I don’t mind the grate, brings it more inline with the SA and SE. Agreed though, lines are great and the arm rests should be incredible. Excited to see the updates to the Vision dash. Coming to a lake near you, fellow Michigander.

Welcome, are you ordering from Club Royale?

darkknight
08-01-2021, 12:38 PM
Welcome, are you ordering from Club Royale?

Yessir, already did!

larry_arizona
08-01-2021, 01:23 PM
Club is a great dealer, good discounts and awesome service

larry_arizona
08-01-2021, 03:22 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210801/7f3c0c011d3962befcecd873f703d4cb.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210801/b62852ca0ea8f8de9253e9ec1132be3d.jpg
Interesting new screen layout.

2in2out
08-01-2021, 06:24 PM
Curious what the side screen layout will be like.

Currently boatless

larry_arizona
08-01-2021, 06:36 PM
Curious what the side screen layout will be like.

Currently boatless

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210801/b01fbc50f94f5a2c01f438876e653169.jpg
Same info, just rearranged

SONIC
08-01-2021, 08:06 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210801/b01fbc50f94f5a2c01f438876e653169.jpg
Same info, just rearranged

I wonder if we can get that software update?
I've always found the side screen navigation a bit frustrating

larry_arizona
08-01-2021, 08:09 PM
I wonder if we can get that software update?
I've always found the side screen navigation a bit frustrating

Great question, but I don’t like the new center screen layout. I prefer the Speedo and tach and camera view in the center.

It took some getting used to the side screen, but I got it now.

darkknight
08-01-2021, 09:30 PM
Club is a great dealer, good discounts and awesome service

Agreed. We’ve been going to Club Royale for years. Rob is a great guy. Did you get the shots of the nee vision from a new SA in the showroom there?

larry_arizona
08-01-2021, 10:00 PM
Agreed. We’ve been going to Club Royale for years. Rob is a great guy. Did you get the shots of the nee vision from a new SA in the showroom there?

Only saw an SR there. What lake do you frequent?

SONIC
08-02-2021, 08:41 AM
Great question, but I don’t like the new center screen layout. I prefer the Speedo and tach and camera view in the center.

It took some getting used to the side screen, but I got it now.

Agreed the old center screen is better and it looks like the new side screen is better. Damn!

I'm fine with the side screen as is I would just prefer it all be on one place rather then having 15 different screens. I find myself spending too much time bouncing from screen to screen

TXSurf4
08-02-2021, 10:16 AM
I will be interested to configure an SL with the new spray pattern. Really hard to beat the current (for 1 more day) SL spray pattern IMO.

MJHSupra
08-02-2021, 12:15 PM
I will be interested to configure an SL with the new spray pattern. Really hard to beat the current (for 1 more day) SL spray pattern IMO.I like that style queue from the SA.

It should also have some items unique to the SL . . . from what I hear.

TXSurf4
08-02-2021, 12:34 PM
I like that style queue from the SA.

It should also have some items unique to the SL . . . from what I hear.

We will just have to see ......

larry_arizona
08-03-2021, 10:10 AM
It’s 8/3/2021…….where is the rollout?

darkknight
08-03-2021, 10:29 AM
Only saw an SR there. What lake do you frequent?

We are on Cass. How about yourself?

Prospersigman
08-03-2021, 10:30 AM
4:30 CST before we see the release...my guess.

larry_arizona
08-03-2021, 10:30 AM
We use lakeville and Holloway

WildH
08-03-2021, 11:31 AM

Was just thinking same after checking the website.

MJHSupra
08-03-2021, 12:51 PM

My guess is 2pm ET.

jcredible
08-03-2021, 02:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPlNFMjmuRw

uniwarking
08-03-2021, 02:24 PM
Looks like Supra was first to drop. New vid on FB and the webpage is now showing a new front page with SL info. Hopefully Moomba is soon as well!

mgswake
08-03-2021, 02:31 PM
The Supra right below the SR on the homepage is putting out a Pavati vibe on the interior. I feel like the website is fast and the furious for boats.

larry_arizona
08-03-2021, 02:32 PM
Extensions for rear Bimini would be nice

Bow walkthrough backrest is brilliant

Not liking the new center screen gage layout

Bow arm rests make sense

Looks like new floor colors

New flip seat is slick

TXSurf4
08-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Cant get the builder to work but the new SL look sweet!!! Anyone that has one on order Congrats!!

Yzfguy06
08-03-2021, 02:34 PM
Cant get the builder to work but the new SL look sweet!!! Anyone that has one on order Congrats!!

Yup. She looks great. Its probably crashed. All the people trying to build on to see it.

larry_arizona
08-03-2021, 03:17 PM
Appears SA has new gel line options.

Mobius22
08-03-2021, 03:56 PM
SA does not have new gel lines

larry_arizona
08-03-2021, 03:58 PM

Must just be the the base colors on the builder throwing me off.

Thanks Drew.

Prospersigman
08-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Honestly, the new SL looks sick, but nothing game-changing that makes me want to spend $175k with the insane boat market we all currently reside in.

Mjhknox
08-03-2021, 04:07 PM
I like the new SL. Need to spend some time playing with the electronics/screens.

Mjhknox
08-03-2021, 04:09 PM

Did anything change on the SL bottom running surface?

When I viewed the YouTube video, there was something on the plate(s) - did anything change on any of the tabs?

Mobius22
08-03-2021, 04:21 PM
Similar hull design but heavier and more ballast = bigger wake

Tabs have not changed.

uniwarking
08-03-2021, 04:45 PM
Bring on the Moomba's! Geez :)

larry_arizona
08-03-2021, 05:10 PM
Builders are not working

Yzfguy06
08-03-2021, 05:30 PM
Honestly, the new SL looks sick, but nothing game-changing that makes me want to spend $175k with the insane boat market we all currently reside in.

That is true. It has some new features which are nice. Arm rests up front, full canopy now. Hopefully some of that is available on the other models SA).

Holdmybeer
08-03-2021, 05:46 PM
Builder for the SL worked.
My SL450 build came to 193k. I had a lot of boxes checked. Bimini, thrusters, rear flip up seats, heater, etc.
Out of my price range for sure

Yzfguy06
08-03-2021, 05:58 PM
Builder for the SL worked.
My SL450 build came to 193k. I had a lot of boxes checked. Bimini, thrusters, rear flip up seats, heater, etc.
Out of my price range for sure

Im in the mid to upper 180s... ouch. Although the builder won't let me make multiple choices on some things ie covers.

sandm
08-03-2021, 06:02 PM

true dat.....

what makes me say hmmmm... nothing that anyone is putting out anymore is "game changing". all of these surf barges are tossing up great waves. they keep adding more and more mercedes/lexus "creature comforts". think 10 years down the road as things start to happen.

sl is a nice boat tho.....

uniwarking
08-03-2021, 06:12 PM
Yeah, the SL looks sick. It's seems to be very well thought out and purposefully designed. An absolutely solid boat. I can only see a few nice to have features you'd find elsewhere but not on it... but at the same time I'm not seeing anything absolutely game changing. Autowake is probably one of the most innovative things to hit the wakeboat market in recent years... but that's been around now since 2017. I wonder what the next big thing will be and who will deliver it.

larry_arizona
08-03-2021, 09:36 PM
Supra 6.5% increase
Moomba 14.5% increase

uniwarking
08-03-2021, 09:45 PM
Supra 6.5% increase
Moomba 14.5% increase

Ouch. Huge price jumps on what was presumably gained on the Moomba side IMO (hopefully I'm wrong here as the rollout is still pending). All the major changes I'm aware of are options they're we're paying for in addition to the base price bump. I think some of the other big brands took a bigger hit than Supra but I assume their 2nd tier didn't get hit as hard. Kinda sucks.

brad460
08-03-2021, 09:47 PM
Holy price increase for Moomba! Never seen such a huge jump..

Glad we bought a 21...

RC_Hinojosa
08-03-2021, 09:53 PM
https://youtu.be/FnUb_Xw0R90

WildH
08-03-2021, 10:47 PM
So the Moomba 2022 site basically just put updated pictures out and increased prices. Lol. Hope it's a website update glitch.

WildH
08-03-2021, 10:57 PM
Here...I took care of the landing page for them. ��

In all seriousness, I'm excited for my 2022 Kaiyen.

brad460
08-03-2021, 10:59 PM
So the Moomba 2022 site basically just put updated pictures out and increased prices. Lol. Hope it's a website update glitch.

The Max got a wireless phone charger slot = +$10k.

They probably looked at all the ridiculous used prices (e.g. 2018 Max’s selling at $85k) and figured they’d get in on it...I guess it’s what everyone gets for driving up the prices (sellers and buyers)..

MJHSupra
08-04-2021, 12:05 AM
Similar hull design but heavier and more ballast = bigger wake

Tabs have not changed.Thanks

MJHSupra
08-04-2021, 12:14 AM
Yeah, the SL looks sick. It's seems to be very well thought out and purposefully designed. An absolutely solid boat. I can only see a few nice to have features you'd find elsewhere but not on it... but at the same time I'm not seeing anything absolutely game changing. Autowake is probably one of the most innovative things to hit the wakeboat market in recent years... but that's been around now since 2017. I wonder what the next big thing will be and who will deliver it.

I agree.

Skiers took a big jump from 2017 (SG) to 2018 (SL). Resign hull, surf system, power tower, sub floor ballast, etc.

Holdmybeer
08-04-2021, 07:39 AM
So does the 2022 Mojo in the video have flip up rear seats but they are not offered or shown as an option in the video. Yet the new rear sunshade is an option but is not discussed or shown in the promo video.

I would think the sunshade would have been a highlight for sure. Also, Chill Tech or similar is not an option or is it standard now?

RC_Hinojosa
08-04-2021, 07:46 AM
So does the 2022 Mojo in the video have flip up rear seats but they are not offered or shown as an option in the video. Yet the new rear sunshade is an option but is not discussed or shown in the promo video.

I would think the sunshade would have been a highlight for sure. Also, Chill Tech or similar is not an option or is it standard now?

The rear seats apparently didn't hold up well during dealer preview so I'm not sure they are gonna be offered after all.

You can see a Mojo with an A3 and the rear shade in the promo shots on the website.

Chill-tec is an option but it's one color choice, so all pecan or all dark graphite.

larry_arizona
08-04-2021, 08:13 AM
Further thought on price increases, it’s seems to be a consistent $10-$11k per boat and I assume most of that is pure materials cost. These boats really take the same amount of materials.

I didn’t see chill tech option on Moomba builder yet.

Not sure what dealers didn’t like about the rear flip up seats?

Holdmybeer
08-04-2021, 08:19 AM
I did some more digging. Mojo has the transom flip-ups as a picture highlight just not in the promo video. I hope that would be an option, having kids in the water it would be nice to have somewhere to sit and watch while anchored.

I assume the sunshade is for either A3 or Pro tower. Chill tech is huge for a "budget" brand. I know my seats and even the gator step gets hot. Could not imaigne having a dark interior without this tech.

RC_Hinojosa
08-04-2021, 08:19 AM
Further thought on price increases, it’s seems to be a consistent $10-$11k per boat and I assume most of that is pure materials cost. These boats really take the same amount of materials.

Doesn't look like the Moomba builder has been updated yet, it's missing several new options.

Josh828
08-04-2021, 08:37 AM

Might be harder to sell a supra?

I just checked out the builder and built my exact boat. 14K difference exact same build.
Also didn't see any new options at all

larry_arizona
08-04-2021, 08:41 AM
Might be harder to sell a supra?

I just checked out the builder and built my exact boat. 14K difference exact same build.
Also didn't see any new options at all

Based on the price increases for 2022, if dealers still do 7-9% discounts on Moomba and 18-20% discounts on Supra, they are quickly getting to similar ballparks.

SONIC
08-04-2021, 09:03 AM
Based on the price increases for 2022, if dealers still do 7-9% discounts on Moomba and 18-20% discounts on Supra, they are quickly getting to similar ballparks.

Agreed, They are getting a little too close IMO.
A loaded out mojo vs a base SA is not that big of a jump anymore.

Holdmybeer
08-04-2021, 09:06 AM

If that is really the case, then my statement about a new SL is invalid. 19% off on a $182K build really gets you into new Moomba pricing quickly. Add my trade in or down payment and I'm at something "affordable".

larry_arizona
08-04-2021, 09:08 AM
Perhaps dealers are not giving the same discounts currently, but doing the math, Moomba is rapidly approaching premium boat territory.

SONIC
08-04-2021, 09:23 AM
That's how I ended up in my SA.
I was pricing new moombas and once I added all the options I wanted I was only 10 grand or so off of a 6 month old SA.
If this boat market calms down you're going to be easily able to pickup a 1 or 2 year old Supra for the price of a new moomba.

IMO it's an odd thing to do business wise to push the two so close together.
I think the vast majority of people don't get that the higher priced boats have bigger dealer discounts so they just assume things based on the MSRP.

Jason1975
08-04-2021, 09:25 AM
Hate seeing such huge price increases. It seems to be with all mfg's too. They are going to create such a bubble that will burst at some point meanwhile keeping budget boat buyers out of the market. I am sure raw materials are costing more, but i am sure profits are going way up too. this may end up being short term gain but long term pain.

larry_arizona
08-04-2021, 09:25 AM
Inflation is real.

uniwarking
08-04-2021, 09:27 AM
Ok. Unless I'm missing something.... 14.5% base price increase for relocated and additional wireless phone charger, LED's on the tower speakers and RBG controller? And the only real new options are limited chill tech and a sun shade which we're paying for anyway? I was kind of hoping for the transmission ratio change people had mentioned for quieter operation. I even saw on one document I got from a quote they mentioned 1.7 but I assume now they just left off the last decimal place. I don't see any mention of improved sound dampening either. Maybe more will come to light as things are rolled out, fingers crossed.

I also saw a ~2% price increase in carry over options (some more than doubled in price). I didn't see anything from the options added to base. Overall, the same loaded Mojo in '22 costs 10% more than a '21. I get that supply chain and logistics is challenged but this is pretty rough. It also kind feels like Moomba buyers are eating more of the burden here with disparity in base price increases.

In the end I guess it doesn't matter... I'm locked in now and I'm excited for my new boat, I'm sure it will be awesome. And... I don't see price reductions coming in future years.

RC_Hinojosa
08-04-2021, 09:57 AM
In the end I guess it doesn't matter... I'm locked in now and I'm excited for my new boat, I'm sure it will be awesome. And... I don't see price reductions coming in future years.

Right here with ya brother...

Mobius22
08-04-2021, 10:02 AM
Moomba builder is not showing a lot of the new optional features yet so bear with us on that. MSRP isn't final pricing, I would contact your dealer for pricing on 2022s to get an accurate quote.

Zero Off is standard, sound deadening is standard on the transmission cover (optional in other places), Two wireless chargers (both out of the sun), Chill Tech is an option in Pecan and Dark Graphite. Bimini rear sunshade is optional on all models and both towers. Major software updates for Autowake and also added RGB lighting options, new gatorstep colors and white logo option. 2022 software will retro to earlier model years, aka 2020 and 2021

TXSurf4
08-04-2021, 10:07 AM
2022 software will retro to earlier model years, aka 2020 and 2021

And the 2019 Makai..........?:D

RC_Hinojosa
08-04-2021, 10:09 AM
And the 2019 Makai..........?:D<cue sad trombone> whomp whomp [emoji1787]

SONIC
08-04-2021, 10:09 AM
Moomba builder is not showing a lot of the new optional features yet so bear with us on that. MSRP isn't final pricing, I would contact your dealer for pricing on 2022s to get an accurate quote.

Zero Off is standard, sound deadening is standard on the transmission cover (optional in other places), Two wireless chargers (both out of the sun), Chill Tech is an option in Pecan and Dark Graphite. Bimini rear sunshade is optional on all models and both towers. Major software updates for Autowake and also added RGB lighting options, new gatorstep colors and white logo option. 2022 software will retro to earlier model years, aka 2020 and 2021

Moomba only or supra vision as well?

Mobius22
08-04-2021, 10:13 AM
Moomba only or supra vision as well?

Moomba only on software retro

uniwarking
08-04-2021, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the updates here, excited to see the details. Hopefully these are already on my build or I can still make tweaks as I hadn't heard about a few of these items.

mgswake
08-04-2021, 10:33 AM
Agreed, They are getting a little too close IMO.
A loaded out mojo vs a base SA is not that big of a jump anymore.

I think they are going after new boat buyers with the Moomba brand because people are willing to pay it. Also, I’ve said this before; boats manufacturers are doing the same thing colleges did. Longer and larger loans ie 30 years, great we can just raise prices without any downward pressure.

I wish 10 years was the max you could take a loan on boats.

TXSurf4
08-04-2021, 10:42 AM
<cue sad trombone> whomp whomp [emoji1787]

LOL!! I have the most up to date software already which I love so I am hopeful

Moomba only on software retro

Is the software update good for all boats with the 7" screen (ie 2019 Makai LOL) ?

sandm
08-04-2021, 11:11 AM
I wish 10 years was the max you could take a loan on boats.

this would have driven a couple builders out of business and would not see all the "tech" that we see in them currently.
flip side is the average middle class family could still comfortably afford one as I don't think pricing would be where it is. with pricing in the mid-upper 100k's and if pricing continues to climb, 30 year will be on the horizon. you are at that point just renting it, not that most in 20 year notes are not doing that already.
when the market corrects(don't see a big one but it's coming), I suspect we will see a change in financing. current toy lending market kinda reminds me of the housing market in '08 with long notes, little to no down and everyone buying on payments, not price.

larry_arizona
08-04-2021, 11:13 AM
this would have driven a couple builders out of business and would not see all the "tech" that we see in them currently.
flip side is the average middle class family could still comfortably afford one as I don't think pricing would be where it is. with pricing in the mid-upper 100k's and if pricing continues to climb, 30 year will be on the horizon. you are at that point just renting it, not that most in 20 year notes are not doing that already.
when the market corrects(don't see a big one but it's coming), I suspect we will see a change in financing. current toy lending market kinda reminds me of the housing market in '08 with long notes, little to no down and everyone buying on payments, not price.

Interest rates are still absurdly low. 3.49 on a 20 year.

uniwarking
08-04-2021, 11:19 AM
Interest rates are still absurdly low. 3.49 on a 20 year.

Where are you seeing those interest rates? I have no desire for 20 years but I'm seeing higher rates on 10 year loans!

larry_arizona
08-04-2021, 11:21 AM
Local Michigan based credit union, but you need to prove Michigan residency.

Michigan first credit union
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210804/be0b740bfcff352893e6c463e10aaeca.jpg

mgswake
08-04-2021, 11:25 AM

This is one of the reasons I loved Moomba. It was a budget line boat. All I want is a wake machine. Perfect pass and ballast. I dont care if the ballast fills in 5 mins vs 15 minutes. I'll sit and enjoy the water with my crew or have a beverage. I wish SC had left Moomba a little more low tech and allowed Supra to stay as the premium line. Another person mentioned a high optioned Supra vs a low optioned Moomba are geeting closer in price, that's interesting.

I guess my dreams of a new boat are shrinking by the year. A few year old used boat isn't an awful option, but I was looking forward to picking my options and colors to make a unique boat.

larry_arizona
08-04-2021, 11:30 AM
Moomba is no longer a budget brand. In fact neither is AXIS, Mastercraft nxt, supreme etc.

The luxury brands have elevated and these former budget boats are mid to high level models.

Budget boat is Heyday and even their new boat is approaching 6 figures.

sandm
08-04-2021, 12:33 PM
This is one of the reasons I loved Moomba. It was a budget line boat. All I want is a wake machine. Perfect pass and ballast. I dont care if the ballast fills in 5 mins vs 15 minutes. I'll sit and enjoy the water with my crew or have a beverage. I wish SC had left Moomba a little more low tech and allowed Supra to stay as the premium line.

I am 1000% with ya. although I don't think we are the prime market anymore. all people want is bigger screens, heated this/that, 25 plugins for phones and lights everywhere even though more than half never see a night cruise....
these things are turning more and more into "look how much tech my boat comes with" than anything else.

would like to see some of the builders resurrect some old hulls that still toss a solid surf/board wave and create a "new" budget line. my gut is that will be on the plate when this current pricing market drops. it's coming at some point.

daltong
08-04-2021, 02:50 PM
Perhaps dealers are not giving the same discounts currently, but doing the math, Moomba is rapidly approaching premium boat territory.

Some are still giving solid discounts but they aren't as deep as say pre covid. We are getting roughly 14.2 % off our well optioned SA Build. We were originally going to build a mojo but it wouldn't clear my garage doors, Moomba would have been 3 % off. So we went the Supra route since the price difference was basically negligible lol

MJHSupra
08-04-2021, 03:26 PM
I think part of this may have to do with alignment of the SC Brands and the perceived value of getting a discount. For example:

MSRP Supra for 175K > Dealer offers 15% and someone buys at $149

MSRP Moomba for 110K (old pricing) > Dealer offers 5% and someone buys at $105
** Always been a smaller number on the Moomba line.

That same Moomba may be now at MSRP of 117K (new pricing) > Dealer offers 10% and someone buys at $105.
OR
That same Moomba may be now at MSRP of 123K (new pricing) > Dealer offers 15% and someone buys at $105.
** Gives the Dealer more room to negotiate.
** Buyer feels like they are getting more of a discount
** Discount is closer to the Supra number

Assuming we are not going to be in the COVID pricing market forever b/c the dealers will dictate the discounts based on the market area and the demand. If they do not have to give a big discount based on market conditions, they won't. The next person in-line may pay that asked price.

Just my thought on Wednesday afternoon . . . .

Jason1975
08-04-2021, 03:50 PM
But like others mentioned, I too wish moomba would just stay the budget brand. We have seen so many more of them on one of the lakes we visit and its because we in the midwest don't want to pay 100k+ for a boat we can use maybe 3-4 months a year. its the reason i bought a new moomba in 2019. We could have afforded a supra but i just couldn't justify it. I am also in the "boat" of having less tech and toggle switches are just fine with me as i don't need the bling. In fact preferred and I am an IT guy as a profession. I know what computers do and how fast tech changes so i opted for a boat with some manual stuff. I have firewalls that cost 3x that of a supra that are damn near obsolete in 3 years.

mgswake
08-04-2021, 04:19 PM
But like others mentioned, I too wish moomba would just stay the budget brand. We have seen so many more of them on one of the lakes we visit and its because we in the midwest don't want to pay 100k+ for a boat we can use maybe 3-4 months a year. its the reason i bought a new moomba in 2019. We could have afforded a supra but i just couldn't justify it. I am also in the "boat" of having less tech and toggle switches are just fine with me as i don't need the bling. In fact preferred and I am an IT guy as a profession. I know what computers do and how fast tech changes so i opted for a boat with some manual stuff. I have firewalls that cost 3x that of a supra that are damn near obsolete in 3 years.

Pretty much my thoughts. I bet we are in the minority though. Both the Moomba’s and Supra’s seem to be selling extremely well. Seems SC has a pretty good idea of what they are doing. Personally I just don’t understand why they would let the prices get so close together for the two. But they probably have people that are always monitoring that.

Yzfguy06
08-04-2021, 06:32 PM
Pretty much my thoughts. I bet we are in the minority though. Both the MoombaÂ’s and SupraÂ’s seem to be selling extremely well. Seems SC has a pretty good idea of what they are doing. Personally I just donÂ’t understand why they would let the prices get so close together for the two. But they probably have people that are always monitoring that.

I had considered a Moomba but the price increase this year is rough. We will be holding out for the used market to crash a bit so we can pick up a used supra and add the thrusters if it doesn't have it. haha.

brad460
08-04-2021, 07:29 PM

We are similar...Bought a new Moomba in 21 at a great price. Yes we could afford a much more expensive boat, but for 3 months of boating a year in WI its hard to justify spending more. This on top of the snowmobiles, motocross bikes, and other toys..

Glad we bought a 21 because the 22 Max is now at a price we could not justify buying one living in the Midwest.

larry_arizona
08-04-2021, 07:51 PM
Suprahappy I sold my 18 high and bought the 21 low.

2in2out
08-04-2021, 07:57 PM
Suprahappy I sold my 18 high and bought the 21 low.

Sold the 20 high, but gonna have to pay premium for a 2022. That is unless we can luck out and find a 21 in colors we can stand.

Currently boatless

WildH
08-05-2021, 12:43 PM
Still no updated builder online????

uniwarking
08-05-2021, 01:40 PM
I'm seeing on the Moomba site they're calling out "Thermoskinz Vinyl" in the Technology & Design --> Interior section. Is this the same as the Supra Chill Tech (Spradling Fresco Cool Touch) with a different name or is this something entirely new?

Lots of cool information and pictures on the website if you dig around, very cool. Super excited for the boat!

WildH
08-05-2021, 01:51 PM
I'm seeing on the Moomba site they're calling out "Thermoskinz Vinyl" in the Technology & Design --> Interior section. Is this the same as the Supra Chill Tech (Spradling Fresco Cool Touch) with a different name or is this something entirely new?

Lots of cool information and pictures on the website if you dig around, very cool. Super excited for the boat!

Yes it’s similar from what I understand and is an up charge option.

cwfehr
08-05-2021, 01:51 PM
Just got off the phone with the dealership. 22 Moomba build slots are gone. Only a few left for Supras. Looks like 22 vs 21 prices on the SL are up about 10 to 15%. Apparently, no discounts as of now with supply being so short. This is nuts. Wow!

21 Supra SL
19 Moomba Max

RC_Hinojosa
08-05-2021, 01:58 PM
Yes it’s similar from what I understand and is an up charge option."Similar" - Cool...$2,600 for an unproven Chill-tech wannabe. Sign me up [emoji58]

larry_arizona
08-05-2021, 02:01 PM
Just got off the phone with the dealership. 22 Moomba build slots are gone. Only a few left for Supras. Looks like 22 vs 21 prices on the SL are up about 10 to 15%. Apparently, no discounts as of now with supply being so short. This is nuts. Wow!

21 Supra SL
19 Moomba Max

The no discount on a Supra is a 30-40k price PLUS a 10% MSRP increase. Let that sink in…..

$45-55k more than a 21.

TXSurf4
08-05-2021, 02:05 PM
"Similar" - Cool...$2,600 for an unproven Chill-tech wannabe. Sign me up [emoji58]

Did they not just push the Supra Chill-tech down to the Moomba line? I know it is just 2 colors but that is what they have done in the past and makes the most economical sense.

mjb929rr
08-05-2021, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=larry_arizona;372465]The no discount on a Supra is a 30-40k price PLUS a 10% MSRP increase. Let that sink in…..

$45-55k more than a 21.

I can’t imagine that to be the case. We put in for a build slot months ago and owner of the dealer gave me a price based upon what kind of msrp I was looking at. It’s around a 15% discount. If the price was going to change that much he would have let me know since he knows we don’t finance

larry_arizona
08-05-2021, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=larry_arizona;372465]The no discount on a Supra is a 30-40k price PLUS a 10% MSRP increase. Let that sink in…..

$45-55k more than a 21.

I can’t imagine that to be the case. We put in for a build slot months ago and owner of the dealer gave me a price based upon what kind of msrp I was looking at. It’s around a 15% discount. If the price was going to change that much he would have let me know since he knows we don’t finance

I was only referring to the post where the member stated his dealer is offering no discounts on Supras.

Each dealer will be different.

SONIC
08-05-2021, 02:18 PM

$45-55k more than a 21.

Depends on your dealer, cwfehr said his dealer is offering no discounts. That means full MSRP + the 10+% price hike.
BIIIG money difference from last year or from a dealer not being a dickbag and still offering the traditional discounts.

I've got mixed feelings on that, I mean as a businessman I get making hay while the sun shines but at some point you've got to look at your customer loyalty. If your customers have grown accustomed to 15-20% off msrp and suddenly you're charging full msrp they definitely know that you're just pocketing all that extra dough because you can. Not a good look IMO.

mjb929rr
08-05-2021, 02:24 PM
I could see this from a smaller dealer selling to a first time buyer. Our dealer sells most boats to repeat customers and I think he thinks the market will correct sooner than later

HFarr
08-05-2021, 02:58 PM
[emoji445]Wheels on the bus go round and round.......I meant... Prices on the boat go up and up, up and up![emoji445][emoji1787]

Prospersigman
08-05-2021, 03:17 PM
I can tell you that in August 2020 I reached out to my dealer whom I have personally purchased 3 boats and sold another 3 for them to purchase a 2021 SA and they were offering 14% discount...Now they are at 5% on a 2022 SL.

I'll pass on 2022 and see what happens next season.

uniwarking
08-05-2021, 03:44 PM
Did they not just push the Supra Chill-tech down to the Moomba line? I know it is just 2 colors but that is what they have done in the past and makes the most economical sense.

Yes. I sure hope this is the case and maybe they're calling it something different on Moomba. I did select the $2,600 option, I hope I get what I thought I was paying for. From a material perspective, the Fresco Vinyl is probably less than $1k in material for the whole boat so it's quite an upcharge especially since you've already paid for the standard vinyl in base. I can't find anything online that goes by ThermalSkinz :confused:

RC_Hinojosa
08-05-2021, 03:53 PM
Yes. I sure hope this is the case and maybe they're calling it something different on Moomba. I did select the $2,600 option, I hope I get what I thought I was paying for. From a material perspective, the Fresco Vinyl is probably less than $1k in material for the whole boat so it's quite an upcharge especially since you've already paid for the standard vinyl in base. I can't find anything online that goes by ThermalSkinz :confused:This seems pretty suspect that it's not called the same thing...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210805/8aedbd25e74fc1a3d310332d3327df27.jpg

larry_arizona
08-05-2021, 03:55 PM
This seems pretty suspect that it's not called the same thing...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210805/8aedbd25e74fc1a3d310332d3327df27.jpg

From the grain, it looks like chill tech, probably just moombas name for it.

All OEM’s have a different name for the spradling fresco.

RC_Hinojosa
08-05-2021, 03:57 PM
From the grain, it looks like chill tech, probably just moombas name for it.

All OEM’s have a different name for the spradling fresco.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe're all adults....did they need to use a Z for hip factor??!?

larry_arizona
08-05-2021, 04:07 PM
We're all adults....did they need to use a Z for hip factor??!?

Renaming it is unnecessary. It’s not like they rename the PTM fxone tower or the JL audio or wet sounds or Ford Engines

KnoxMojo
08-05-2021, 04:23 PM
Saw someone mention the new 1.7 gear ratio. From my understanding it is only for the 550 engine as it still had the 1.5. The 1.76 is still the same for everything else across both brands.

On loan rates, Like Larry commented, local credit unions are your best bet. Just got 2.28 on 7 years, and US Bank is offering 2.99 on 20! That is crazy low!!

On the pricing. The conundrum has always been used premium vs new price point boat. 1 is brand new with full warranty, the other might have 1 warranty transfer left. A new loaded Mojo is still $20k or more less than a comparable new SA, and let's be honest, nobody buys a bare bones Supra, lol

larry_arizona
08-05-2021, 04:29 PM
The 550 with a 1.7 will be insane power

Builder still shows 575 with the 1.5 trans.

KnoxMojo
08-05-2021, 04:40 PM
The 550 with a 1.7 will be insane power

Builder still shows 575 with the 1.5 trans.

I see that, maybe the plan got scrapped or they couldn't get them sourced. They need to fix thier mistake where it shows all Supra with the 1.76 but the headline reads 1.7, lol.

Maybe that Mobius guy can chime in, he seems to know a lot, hahaha

HFarr
08-05-2021, 04:42 PM
We're all adults....did they need to use a Z for hip factor??!?

Sent from my Note9 using TapatalkCome on man! Didn't you see the 2012 movie "Rock of Ages"? Double the Z, double the flavor! LOL! Of course if you didn't see it, er never mind...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/66c00f61-5a3a-46b3-b3d0-83fb023bc42d

larry_arizona
08-05-2021, 04:56 PM
I see that, maybe the plan got scrapped or they couldn't get them sourced. They need to fix thier mistake where it shows all Supra with the 1.76 but the headline reads 1.7, lol.

Möbius gives a good plant tour!! Thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the knowledge, but he warned me about you Knox……lol

Also I am not seeing the new black with green flake color. I think it’s called leprechaun or lucky charms….??!

RC_Hinojosa
08-05-2021, 05:01 PM
Möbius gives a good plant tour!! Thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the knowledge, but he warned me about you Knox……lol

Also I am not seeing the new black with green flake color. I think it’s called leprechaun or lucky charms….??!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkTwilight....and it's a bust for the time being.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210805/15f2e2852a7d3f3be3a6c0a1f24b1531.jpg

larry_arizona
08-05-2021, 05:05 PM
Twilight....and it's a bust for the time being.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210805/15f2e2852a7d3f3be3a6c0a1f24b1531.jpg

Awwww bummer. Their always after me lucky charms……

RC_Hinojosa
08-05-2021, 05:23 PM
Awwww bummer. Their always after me lucky charms……

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWho does Number 2 work for??

larry_arizona
08-05-2021, 06:01 PM
Who does Number 2 work for??

I want my baby back baby back baby back ribs…….

uniwarking
08-05-2021, 06:02 PM
Oh boy... we're going full out with the Austin Powers references today.

Ralphy
08-05-2021, 06:17 PM
The no discount on a Supra is a 30-40k price PLUS a 10% MSRP increase. Let that sink in…..

$45-55k more than a 21.

Yep, we decided to upgrade our Mondo and our dealer had 1 Supra available in Sep. It was an SA with a 188K MSRP. He would discount it a little...
Anyway, we went with an MB.

larry_arizona
08-05-2021, 06:52 PM
Yep, we decided to upgrade our Mondo and our dealer had 1 Supra available in Sep. It was an SA with a 188K MSRP. He would discount it a little...

How much are the canopy extensions on the Supra’s?

Are they easy to deploy?

Ralphy
08-05-2021, 07:29 PM
Boat didn't have it on it.

Yzfguy06
08-05-2021, 07:57 PM

Are they easy to deploy?

That was my question. I didn't look real close at the SA builder but is it available on the SA too? Can you add it to prior years?

larry_arizona
08-05-2021, 08:27 PM
That was my question. I didn't look real close at the SA builder but is it available on the SA too? Can you add it to prior years?

Looks like it works with any FXONE tower. Was in the SA video.

Just not interested if it’s a hassle, will be more popular in the south.

Can’t go over 5mph with it.

Yzfguy06
08-05-2021, 08:31 PM
Looks like it works with any FXONE tower. Was in the SA video.

Just not interested if itÂ’s a hassle, will be more popular in the south.

CanÂ’t go over 5mph with it.

I figured its a stationary shade not for moving. Can you add it to prior years? 19 and newer? On a side not what about the thursters. Did anything come out for them to add?

cwfehr
08-05-2021, 08:38 PM
Dealer said, "Supra" thrusters cannot be added post manufacturing. Robosanslucas (sp?) Apparently is working on something, but I have not been able to reach him as of yet...

21 Supra SL
19 Moomba Max

Vanfamkaiyen
08-05-2021, 08:50 PM
Saw someone mention the new 1.7 gear ratio. From my understanding it is only for the 550 engine as it still had the 1.5. The 1.76 is still the same for everything else across both brands.

On loan rates, Like Larry commented, local credit unions are your best bet. Just got 2.28 on 7 years, and US Bank is offering 2.99 on 20! That is crazy low!!

On the pricing. The conundrum has always been used premium vs new price point boat. 1 is brand new with full warranty, the other might have 1 warranty transfer left. A new loaded Mojo is still $20k or more less than a comparable new SA, and let's be honest, nobody buys a bare bones Supra, lol

The ‘22’s have a 1.7:1 gear ratio. Believe the 575 stays the same. I asked why and was told it’s a vendor change. Also for those interested in the extended Bimini, it can be added afterwards to older models but it looks like they’ll have to drill holes to insert the pole holders.

Vanfamkaiyen
08-05-2021, 08:52 PM

My dealer gave me nearly 19k off MSRP in addition to over 8k in pre order discounts! Actually paying less for my ‘22 SA than what I see used ‘21’s going for…

Vanfamkaiyen
08-05-2021, 09:12 PM
One more thing… the new software for Supra vision control can’t be loaded onto older models. Something to do with different PDM and wiring is what I was told.

2in2out
08-05-2021, 09:45 PM

Are they easy to deploy?

Rear sunshade is $880. We started a new build today with hopes of securing our build slot mid-sept for April delivery.

Currently boatless

jordankmc
08-06-2021, 08:39 AM
I have the stern shade extension on my '22 Mojo. Takes about 3 minutes to put it up. Stores nicely in a bag, poles slide into the holes at the stern, clipe the corners of the shade on, velcro the other end to the tower and its done. I have driven wakeboarding speeds with it up with no issues. Just cant tow with it up because of the poles. Another 3 minutes to take it down and put it back in its bag. Totally worth it for me....I need shade.

Mobius22
08-06-2021, 10:43 AM
PSA: ThermoSkinz is Chill Tech, they just renamed it for Moomba. Same stuff... don't ask me why they did that. You can get it in Pecan and Dark Graphite with the welt being a different color.

Mobius22
08-06-2021, 10:44 AM

All engines are coming with 1.7 transmission for 2022, if the website doesn't have that, it will be updated soon.

Mobius22
08-06-2021, 10:51 AM
On the MSRP changes, MJHSupra makes some good points...

uniwarking
08-06-2021, 11:00 AM
Glad to hear more information coming out on these questions, thank you!

All engines are coming with 1.7 transmission for 2022, if the website doesn't have that, it will be updated soon.

Can you maybe give us some background on this, pros/cons? I read comments about this earlier making things quieter / less transmission whine. I'd also read that this was due to supply issues. I'd think that the 1.7 vs. 1.76 would also maybe mean less need for a super low pitch prop... maybe 0.06:1 difference isn't that impactful but I'm sure it helps a bit on the low end.

PSA: ThermoSkinz is Chill Tech, they just renamed it for Moomba. Same stuff... don't ask me why they did that

Thanks, what I think many of us were hoping to hear! I understand calling things different names when they're somewhat different makes sense like Swell vs. Flow but it seems silly and question provoking on things like identical vinyl :) Not a big deal buy hey.

Mobius22
08-06-2021, 11:05 AM
You'll feel virtually no difference with the 1.7 vs 1.76 unless you're running the 550. The 1.5 change to 1.7 will give that engine more grunt. The change was due to a vendor change but if we didn't tell you that we changed it, I don't think anyone would've noticed. If you're worried about noise, I would recommend opting for the added optional sound deadening. It is standard on transmission cover though.

Vanfamkaiyen
08-06-2021, 11:19 AM
Mobius, does the sound deadening apply to the Supra line as well? Standard around the transmission with option for more or does the Supra have the additional sound deadening standard?

2in2out
08-06-2021, 11:34 AM
Mobius, does the sound deadening apply to the Supra line as well? Standard around the transmission with option for more or does the Supra have the additional sound deadening standard?

In my build I did yesterday, this was not a dealer option for the SA/SE. I can’t speak to the SL/SR as we didn’t play with those builds. From the SC dealer instructional videos sound deadening wasn’t mentioned in the Supra line.

Currently boatless

Vanfamkaiyen
08-06-2021, 11:36 AM
According to my dealer it is available in the Supra line. I’m just wondering if it’s just around the transmission like Moomba or if they include it standard in the other locations as well for Supra

Mobius22
08-06-2021, 11:40 AM

Supra comes with it in all areas standard

Vanfamkaiyen
08-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Nice! That’s what I thought. Thank you!

WildH
08-06-2021, 12:28 PM

Do you have any pictures or videos of the what is added for sound deadening? I’m curious what is added and where. Also whether there is any data showing the db differences.

I’ve done quite a bit of work on vehicles and my HT so just curious what materials are used and where. I assume you are using adhesive butyl damping mats similar to dynamat or noico? Not mass loaded vinyl (MLV) or other sound barriers.

WildH
08-06-2021, 12:28 PM

Do you have any pictures or videos of what is added for sound deadening? Also whether there is any data showing the db differences.

I’ve done quite a bit of work on vehicles and my HT so just curious what materials are used and where. I assume you are using adhesive butyl damping mats similar to dynamat or noico? Not mass loaded vinyl (MLV) or other sound barriers.

Mobius22
08-06-2021, 12:46 PM
Do you have any pictures or videos of the what is added for sound deadening? I’m curious what is added and where. Also whether there is any data showing the db differences.

I'm a dumb sales guy, all I know is that it works

uniwarking
08-06-2021, 01:39 PM
I'm a dumb sales guy, all I know is that it works

Ha, I love this! And, that is what matters. It's kinda funny, lots of techy folks on the forums (myself included)... we're kind of a needy bunch.

cwfehr
08-06-2021, 05:16 PM
I did some sound deadening on the 21 SL. Over the engine bay and transmission. I measured the db before and after and there was no difference. However, everyone in the family said it made a noticable difference. I think are too many variables on the water to vet an accurate comparison. Wind is a big one. Tried to use exact same settings in both measuremwnts, but the post measurement had a lot more wind...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210806/58f683071cd9da634bfb867cc3f6c4a2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210806/e6eaffd4eb5b3e807ad8b47f2b9b0670.jpg

21 Supra SL
19 Moomba Max

mgswake
08-06-2021, 07:43 PM
On the MSRP changes, MJHSupra makes some good points...

Which post are you referring to? Thank you

Edit: possibly post #141? I had to go back a few pages

RC_Hinojosa
08-06-2021, 07:45 PM
Which post are you referring to? Thank you

Edit: possibly post #141? I had to go back a few pagesPost 141 in this thread

larry_arizona
08-06-2021, 07:47 PM
Effectively, Moomba prices going high enough to expect dealers to give Supraesque discounts of 15-20%

WildH
08-06-2021, 10:03 PM
I did some sound deadening on the 21 SL. Over the engine bay and transmission. I measured the db before and after and there was no difference. However, everyone in the family said it made a noticable difference. I think are too many variables on the water to vet an accurate comparison. Wind is a big one. Tried to use exact same settings in both measuremwnts, but the post measurement had a lot more wind...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210806/58f683071cd9da634bfb867cc3f6c4a2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210806/e6eaffd4eb5b3e807ad8b47f2b9b0670.jpg

21 Supra SL
19 Moomba Max

Thanks for the post. Nice work on the application. I'm very curious what they are applying and where. Deadener would help a bit with resonance through panels and vibrations. It won't absorb sound though. You would need to encase it in mlv and closed cell foam. I enjoy the sound projects. ��.

sandm
08-06-2021, 10:39 PM
Effectively, Moomba prices going high enough to expect dealers to give Supraesque discounts of 15-20%

this actually aligns moomba closer to the rest of the competition. most are giving much larger discounts than moomba but have a MUCH higher starting price. we found this to be true last year when shopping moomba/supreme/mb/atx. in the end they were all within 5k when optioned similarly. this was our experience. moomba had the smallest of the "discounts" but were also the lowest starting price.

larry_arizona
08-07-2021, 09:12 AM
The only problem I see with this discount model is some dealers will get greedy and apply the old 6-9% or even less during this high demand.

All for capitalism and it will self adjust eventually.

It’s a mental game really, would you feel you got a better “deal” on the same boat if…..

1) $25k off a 120k MSRP
2) $10k off a 105k MSRP

I think most would say 1.

brad460
08-07-2021, 10:35 AM
The only problem I see with this discount model is some dealers will get greedy and apply the old 6-9% or even less during this high demand.

It’s a mental game really, would you feel you got a better “deal” on the same boat if…..

1) $25k off a 120k MSRP
2) $10k off a 105k MSRP

Yes, but (I think) anyone buying a wakeboard boat is smart enough to not get wrapped up in a mental game. Most should very well understand the pricing of most brand boats and the game played. If you are at a point in your life where you can afford a $80k+ boat you shouldn’t be swayed by emotion..

I think one advantage Moomba had is that when you priced out a boat online you were relatively close to what you’d be paying...not as much dealer funny business. Plus Moomba was always less expensive compared to comparable boat brands. This was their competitive advantage...If I were running the Heyday business I would see this as a huge opportunity to scoop up a lot of boat buyers with a fairly priced boat.

Now a Max is close to $90k out the door and it doesn’t even have hinged seats...

larry_arizona
08-07-2021, 10:40 AM
Now a Max is close to $90k out the door and it doesn’t even have hinged seats...

Keep in mind, 2018 Supras had like one hinged seat and a 2021 SL didn’t have hinged bow cushions.

But consider this from moombas perspective, if all your competitors raised their MSRP and they are still the lowest MSRP, that can make you look like a lesser quality boat.

brad460
08-07-2021, 11:44 AM
At the end of the day Moomba’s price increases for 2022 were obscene and completely unnecessary..This was not all due to rising prices of materials..

If prices jumped $5k then I think you could make the inflation argument...but $11k+ on a Max (and others in their line) is borderline price gouging.

As someone who has followed and owned Moomba boats since the mid 2000’s this is disappointing.

larry_arizona
08-07-2021, 12:37 PM
At the end of the day Moomba’s price increases for 2022 were obscene and completely unnecessary..This was not all due to rising prices of materials..

If prices jumped $5k then I think you could make the inflation argument...but $11k+ on a Max (and others in their line) is borderline price gouging.

As someone who has followed and owned Moomba boats since the mid 2000’s this is disappointing.

If you noticed, all SC models (Moomba and Supra) increased at least $10k each. I have no doubt material costs have gone up 25% especially if they are coming from China.

brad460
08-07-2021, 01:08 PM
If you noticed, all SC models (Moomba and Supra) increased at least $10k each. I have no doubt material costs have gone up 25% especially if they are coming from China.

That is what I am driving at here...both lines saw a similar price increase (~$10k), but should have seen same price % increases...

Based on all the Supra options, technology and extra components I would expect a $10k increase, Moomba no..

larry_arizona
08-07-2021, 01:20 PM
That is what I am driving at here...both lines saw a similar price increase (~$10k), but should have seen same price % increases...

Based on all the Supra options, technology and extra components I would expect a $10k increase, Moomba no..

I see it differently.

Both brands use the same/similar

Engine
Trans
V drive
Same amount of resin/fiberglass hull and top deck
Windshield glass
Stainless tabs
Prop
Acctuators.

It’s the common components that comprise the majority of the boat and the increase in material cost.

sandm
08-07-2021, 02:14 PM
I think one advantage Moomba had is that when you priced out a boat online you were relatively close to what you’d be paying...not as much dealer funny business. Plus Moomba was always less expensive compared to comparable boat brands. This was their competitive advantage...

I would disagree with most of this dealer funny business is not limited to brands outside skiers choice. shopping last year, both skiers choice dealers on the kaiyen we built and priced out had 3k+ in dealer add on fees/transport/doc and the such after the discount off the boat. we ended up buying an r23 from heinens in minnesota and paid $800 in "assembly fees" and $200 in "doc" fees. nothing else and this was along with a $110,933k msrp down to $77,900 boat/trailer price.
added $3255 in board racks/bimini and $1545 in transport fees to get from MN to vegas and all in was 83,700. Much less in dealer fees from the other dealers we shopped and it wasn't "baked into the price of the boat" based on the discount we got. I will say that we priced out a supra sc back in 14 or 15(don't remember which) and trading in the 22ve to fort freemont while living in depere and they were a no add on dealer. price for boat was almost otd. think there was $500 or so in addons.

we came down to the kaiyen and mb 22tomkat last year and both boats were similarly equipped and within 3k of each other and found that moomba was pretty much inline with the other value boats we shopped-lower price to start but less discounting resulted in pricing similarly otd. ended up in the r23 on a dumb luck find on onlyinboards the day before we were scheduled to put a deposit on the moomba.

I do totally agree on the heyday comment but even their new whip is up to 90k with options. if it was 75 they wouldn't be able to produce them fast enough......
AND will say that up until 2022 pricing the max was, hands down, imo the best value in the wakeboat segment but across the rest of the moomba line, they are inline with the other offerings.

rhouse181
08-07-2021, 07:50 PM

1) $25k off a 120k MSRP
2) $10k off a 105k MSRP

Never understood this perception of “value”… I wonder how many prospective buyers see the new MSRPs on the website and get sticker shock. May not even step foot into a dealership to unlock the secret discount.

mgswake
08-08-2021, 12:38 AM
Never understood this perception of “value”… I wonder how many prospective buyers see the new MSRPs on the website and get sticker shock. May not even step foot into a dealership to unlock the secret discount.

For me personally, Moomba has pretty much priced themselves out of my range. I’ll go get a used Supra, Nautique, or other brand over the cost of a new Moomba. I was loading up Max’s for 80k a couple years ago. Now I’m in position to upgrade and prices jump. I understand part of this is due to unforeseen factors.

2in2out
08-08-2021, 12:52 AM

That was us until our third boat. Our next Supra will be our first “build” boat. Our previous Supra was lightly used, and our Sanger before, was our first showroom boat.

We’d put off going to look because of sticker shock. My CFO was terribly against going to a dealer, and totally afraid of pricing. Once she climbed into the Sanger and found out the pricing, she was ok with it.

Storage, lay-up, and season utilization have been our biggest issue in calculating value. Our next boat will be utilized for 8-9 months vs 4, and will eventually be stored on property (if the HOA will allow us to build a new garage). Our first boat got 54 hrs on it in the first 3 months. We added another 28 before we sold it. Our last Supra only got 6 hrs on it before we sold, but given this year, we made $10k on the deal, and we couldn’t even launch anywhere within 1.5hrs drive.

With the new house we’ll be 25 min to two lakes. Wife works 3 days a week, and I’m not going to a new job until the remodel is done on new house. Even then, I’ll be working per diem, so we’ll be using the boat a lot more. So, my perceived value will be much more, but the devaluation of my boat will be accelerated because of utilization.

We quantify perceived value by the sticker or ad price, but really perceived value is relative to effort toward payment and utilization, and the memories made.

Currently boatless

Holdmybeer
08-08-2021, 08:32 AM
That was us until our third boat. Our next Supra will be our first “build” boat. Our previous Supra was lightly used, and our Sanger before, was our first showroom boat.

We’d put off going to look because of sticker shock. My CFO was terribly against going to a dealer, and totally afraid of pricing. Once she climbed into the Sanger and found out the pricing, she was ok with it.

Storage, lay-up, and season utilization have been our biggest issue in calculating value. Our next boat will be utilized for 8-9 months vs 4, and will eventually be stored on property (if the HOA will allow us to build a new garage). Our first boat got 54 hrs on it in the first 3 months. We added another 28 before we sold it. Our last Supra only got 6 hrs on it before we sold, but given this year, we made $10k on the deal, and we couldn’t even launch anywhere within 1.5hrs drive.

With the new house we’ll be 25 min to two lakes. Wife works 3 days a week, and I’m not going to a new job until the remodel is done on new house. Even then, I’ll be working per diem, so we’ll be using the boat a lot more. So, my perceived value will be much more, but the devaluation of my boat will be accelerated because of utilization.

We quantify perceived value by the sticker or ad price, but really perceived value is relative to effort toward payment and utilization, and the memories made.

Currently boatless

This is exactly where my wife and I are at.
Been in the water since 5yrs old. When wife and I were dating we would use my family's old I/O runabout with friends through college and after. That turned into our own Crownline I/O that we quickly outgrew and got bored with. Enter our old Mojo, and it is perfect for size, power, and fun, but after 5 months of ownership and 46 hrs I have been jealous of the new tech and interior features.

So upgrade....more than doubles my entry fee into moomba regardless of price hike. I get Moomba tech but being realistic I can uncheck a few boxes and keep it "affordable". If the dealer would give a 10% discount like stated by others it comes down to a similar price I was building in 2020 and 2021. Taking a deeper dive, do I want to drop 100k + on a toy I can only use 3-4 months or keep my used unit going strong and not be so upset when it bumps a dock, kids drop food, etc.
When we relocate closer to retirement, we will buy new or lightly used (under 50hrs) then because we plan to be lake side and in warmer climate for a longer season. Right now it is 40 minutes to either lake and trailering beats up the boat worse than kids. Seeing you are moving to Texas, plan on being close to year round water, and can use the boat 8-10 months each year, buying new makes sense. It will probably be a boat you own for years instead of seasons.

shockthis
08-08-2021, 11:40 AM
I went to our dealer and in Canada, they told me the MSRP on Moomba would have a 9% fee on top of the price, and Supra would have a 8% discount off of MSRP.

larry_arizona
08-08-2021, 12:07 PM
I went to our dealer and in Canada, they told me the MSRP on Moomba would have a 9% fee on top of the price, and Supra would have a 8% discount off of MSRP.

9% dealer mark up on a 14.5% higher MSRP? That is brutal.

russellsmojo
08-08-2021, 12:26 PM

That sounds like the salesman was playing on his phone during the sales meeting and not listening [emoji1787][emoji1787]