PDA

View Full Version : Getting Antsy as the Day Draws Near

Jimm
03-13-2021, 12:34 PM
The old girl gets unwinterized next week so I'm going today to clean her up and get the dock ready. Of course, a cold snap is forecast but I was in the water in February last year so the kids can stay home or bundle up.
When does boating weather start for y'all?

Guppydriver
03-13-2021, 01:18 PM
You're getting antsy? lol....

I'm waiting for delivery of my first ever surf boat. Supposed to be here in April but we will see.

I've seriously found the fountain of the youth that has eluded humanity since the dawn of time. Just order a new boat every fall for a spring delivery. It's a costly proposition, but time stands still for six months out of the year. It's like living forever.

I'm in Utah and it's snowing today. I'm hoping to have the boat completely broken in and first service done by June 1. The lakes here are pretty empty here in May, so I want to take full advantage and practice docking and launching/retrieving so I'm comfortable once it warms up.

Hope you get out on the water soon in AL!

2in2out
03-13-2021, 04:22 PM
I’ll be on our lower elevation water mid-may. High lakes (6000+ft) Mid June. I could start late April with the wetsuit, but it’s still to cold for my skinny little wife then. Even in 80+ air temps she’s using the heater and heated seats, bundled up like she’s going to Antarctica.

Holdmybeer
03-13-2021, 09:33 PM
I just unwinterized here in Ohio.
I'm premature but hoping for a break to get it in the water.

Guppy,
I get it. This is my first wake boat also (bought used) and cannot wait for warmth. Not sure about the fountain of youth, but the excitement makes me feel young.

Transmission fluid
V-Drive Oil
Raw water impeller
All replaced

Next is sound deadener, window tint, and detailing/ceramic coating.
Getting excited just typing this.

2in2out
03-13-2021, 09:48 PM
Kilmat is my late April project. Hoping to reduce the trans/v-drive noise. Otherwise, all I have to do is charge the batts, polish her up, and load up all the schwag I got this winter.

Our plans to move to Tx might be on hold. My wife is waiting to find out if she got accepted into our local U’s doctorate program. If she gets accepted, my retirement is on hold 3 yrs and we will be relegated to cold water and shorter season. If she doesn’t get into the program, most likely be in TC by October.

She’s in Austin now and yesterday was almost 80f. Water temps around 60-65f which is high water temps for summer here. I haven’t seen my boat since Nov 5th. I have to pull it out May 5th for trailer registration purposes. It’s not soon enough.

Tommy2slow
03-14-2021, 02:09 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/698dcbd9b085ca8a7f231c17e9571bfd.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210314/261011a505edcf4c59d75706d85e50d4.jpg
Took this pics Monday....it’s going to be awhile yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk