View Full Version : 2021 Moomba Mojo Walk-Through Video

MJHSupra
03-06-2021, 03:14 PM
Noticed this new video out there.

https://youtu.be/aWfaUyV2iq4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
03-06-2021, 03:20 PM
And how about that turn-around during the boat drop-in?

larry_arizona
03-06-2021, 03:56 PM
And how about that turn-around during the boat drop-in?

Needs a thruster lol

But seriously nice turn [emoji106]

The new mojo is an awesome boat. Is that the transmission noise most are complaining about? Sounds like a supercharger.

MJHSupra
03-06-2021, 07:45 PM
Interesting you say noise, I've heard or read more about transmission noise in the last 2-3 weeks vs the last 2-3 years.

I was at the Knoxville boat show in Friday night. While I was in the Mabliu and Centurion booths, sales people and/or other customers mention the noise. Asking it it bothers me in the Supra.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
03-06-2021, 07:48 PM
When I rode in the green and white Mojo last fall, that is the thought that came to my mind when we first took off, sounds like a super charger.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

2in2out
03-06-2021, 08:14 PM
That turn-around was ballsy even if no one was there. I’d hate to be at that ramp on a weekend afternoon.

Mine doesn’t sound as loud, but it is similar.

Was that box on the trailer tongue the electric over hydraulic upgrade? I’d never seen that before.

larry_arizona
03-06-2021, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I would have walked that boat back a bit.

Any wind and any traffic and that could have turned out bad trying to reverse a V drive.

Thruster not a problem.

Yes that is the electric brake box.

Tommy2slow
03-07-2021, 10:02 AM
This video was posted by the dealer I purchase my boats from. The fellow doing the walk through is former pro rider Aaron Lepine. That is Okanagan Lake and that launch is right in downtown Kelowna. Yes, this launch is normally a sh!t show but it is still full on winter here so that was likely the only boat there all day. That lake is notoriously windy so that spin right off the trailer would never happen later in the season. I did see some editing during the spin so I have a hunch there was an intervention that hit the cutting room floor. I don’t think it’s mentioned in the video but this is Flo 2.0

Hayden
03-07-2021, 04:49 PM
Reducing that engine noise would be a priority for me. Glad we have so many threads on how to do it with aftermarket products but definitely should be on Skier's 'fix' list imo.

brad460
03-07-2021, 05:13 PM
I can’t get past his socks...

2in2out
03-07-2021, 05:48 PM

Almost as loud as the transmission.

Bmac
03-07-2021, 07:28 PM
The biggest complaint I have about my 2020 Max is how loud it is. I just covered the bottom side of the floor and v drive cover in kilmat. I don’t have an FAE and am hoping that the Kilmat does enough to make a difference. I have been in several different boats and none are near as loud as my Max. But still love the big girl all the same.

KnoxMojo
03-07-2021, 07:48 PM

Those socks are great! As I'm sitting in my socks with pitchers of beer on them. Lol

2in2out
03-07-2021, 08:20 PM

All I could think is my wife would kill for a pair of those.

On my SA we could barely hear the engine, especially at idle ( surf pipe on). And even with the tranny whine, sound was much less than our Sanger. I’ll be adding some kilmat this spring, because I have really sensitive hearing and my wife is near deaf.

The tranny whine on the Mojo is problematic though. Some kilmat is necessary. I haven’t looked at the schematics of the transmission to understand why it whines so much. I could understand if it was hydrostatic, but it’s direct output so I would expect less noise until we get some slip in tolerances.

Tommy2slow
03-08-2021, 03:02 AM
I wonder if the whine isn’t coming from the transmission and is the vector drive? My DD has absolutely no whine and every v-drive I’ve been in, my Mojo included, has had a bit of whine.

dakota4ce
03-08-2021, 09:42 AM
I believe it to be the VDrive.

sandm
03-08-2021, 11:29 AM
we have had pcm and indmar. the indmar's have had noisier vdrive/trannys than the pcm's and the raptor is the noisiest powerplant we have owned yet in a boat. good powertrain but noisy for sure.

Oldernotwiser
03-15-2021, 02:23 PM
we have had pcm and indmar. the indmar's have had noisier vdrive/trannys than the pcm's and the raptor is the noisiest powerplant we have owned yet in a boat. good powertrain but noisy for sure.

Yes, noise reduction should be top priority.