PDA

View Full Version : Wake9 2021 Mojo Review Video

MJHSupra
02-23-2021, 11:11 AM
https://youtu.be/m_JmlJhCkNM

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Prospersigman
02-23-2021, 11:24 AM
1000 pounds of lead with 4000 pounds of ballast...no replacement for displacement and never will be.

MJHSupra
02-23-2021, 11:40 AM
1000 pounds of lead with 4000 pounds of ballast...no replacement for displacement and never will be.

I agree, but still think there will be something different someday to allow less ballast.

SONIC
02-23-2021, 11:42 AM
I agree, but still think there will be something different someday to allow less ballast.

It's called malibu's wedge lol

MJHSupra
02-23-2021, 11:45 AM

Agree, that has been out there. My thought is what is next?

Guppydriver
02-23-2021, 12:05 PM
Not going to watch it since I decided very last minute to not go with the Mojo...

Not going to watch it since I decided very last minute to not go with the Mojo...

Not going to watch it since I decided very last minute to not go with the Mojo....

I accidentally clicked it...watching it.

Prospersigman
02-23-2021, 12:09 PM

I have 2 buddies who have 2020 23 LSVs and they still have 500-800lbs of lead in their boats. Most of it goes in the bow because that wedge causes a significant amount of bow rise even with the hard tank filled all the way upfront. The problem is there is nowhere to stash the lead in the bow because there is ZERO storage up there. We even looked at pulling the speakers out to see if we can get lead stuffed in the speaker cutouts. They both have the rear plug and plays as well and there is no storage in the back when those are filled all the way.

MJHSupra
02-23-2021, 12:23 PM
I have 2 buddies who have 2020 23 LSVs and they still have 500-800lbs of lead in their boats. Most of it goes in the bow because that wedge causes a significant amount of bow rise even with the hard tank filled all the way upfront. The problem is there is nowhere to stash the lead in the bow because there is ZERO storage up there. We even looked at pulling the speakers out to see if we can get lead stuffed in the speaker cutouts. They both have the rear plug and plays as well and there is no storage in the back when those are filled all the way.

I know someone with the 2020 LSV that hits the same issue. Nice boat, small crew, so it's not too big of concern for them.

I think otherwise since I'm spoiled with the SL storage. Pain in the butt to be moving items around the boat.

Guppydriver
02-23-2021, 12:24 PM

100%

My best friend has a 2020 Axis T23. Great boat and stock wave but the bow rise is absolutely ridiculous, almost dangerously so. Especially with no one to sit up there.

sandm
02-23-2021, 12:58 PM

it's the 35ft electric boat that is going to be the biggest game changer ever!!!!!!! hahaha...

back to the op's video post... great looking wave... although I get robert's affiliated with them somehow, he still makes some of the best vids out there on boats.....

MJHSupra
02-23-2021, 01:09 PM
it's the 35ft electric boat that is going to be the biggest game changer ever!!!!!!! hahaha...

back to the op's video post... great looking wave... although I get robert's affiliated with them somehow, he still makes some of the best vids out there on boats.....

Too funny!!! I must admit, I'm a boat junkie and LOVE looking and learning about all different brands and different styles, wakeboats, cigs, toons, etc.

Last year I spent a bunch of time talking to the wake pontoon guy at the boat show. Montara Surf Boss if I recall the name correctly.

Josh828
02-23-2021, 01:18 PM
Too funny!!! I must admit, I'm a boat junkie and LOVE looking and learning about all different brands and different styles, wakeboats, cigs, toons, etc.

Last year I spent a bunch of time talking to the wake pontoon guy at the boat show. Montara Surf Boss if I recall the name correctly.

I was in love with that pontoon wake boat thingy, until I saw the price tag haha

jph3
02-23-2021, 01:20 PM
Seriously... I tried hard to get into one of those. Now, 1 year later the 'Gen 1' is selling for $89k. Talk about a loss leader.

Now the G2 has a really good wave behind it, and some nice updates... but its at $149k?! I'd be all kinds of pissed off if I had a 2020 unit. Either way, just goes to show why its never good to be the guinea pig.

SONIC
02-23-2021, 01:24 PM

Didn't say it was a better system lol, just a great way to mimic ballast without actually having ballast.

I'd say eventually you'll see malibu with 2 wedges one front and one back to even eveything out. Or perhaps a central version.

The concept is genius, use the motor to pull the boat down into the water rather than load it down extremely heavy with weight. In the end all that matters is the displacement whether you get there by being heavy or some clever hydrodynamic tricks.

arsnlgunnr
02-23-2021, 01:55 PM
Watched the review 4 times already and super stoked for our Mojo to arrive and get on the water.

To me, the stock wave on their first outing looks perfect! I don't see a difference between the stock wave vs the lead wave on the first or second outing. Only major difference was the amount of people in the boat on the first outing which probably helped a good bit.

sandm
02-23-2021, 02:01 PM

don't feel bad. I'm the same way. milwaukee boat show many years ago I spent a whole lot more time on tooners and the couple cig boats than I did the wakeboats as I know them already.
nothing I'll ever own but I can appreciate a dual engine tooner or a bass boat with a 350hp hanging off the back. fun to see the technology...

montaras are intriguing but the original had a horrid wake. sure they will get better but a limited market at best.

MJHSupra
02-23-2021, 02:21 PM
Watched the review 4 times already and super stoked for our Mojo to arrive and get on the water.

To me, the stock wave on their first outing looks perfect! I don't see a difference between the stock wave vs the lead wave on the first or second outing. Only major difference was the amount of people in the boat on the first outing which probably helped a good bit.

During the first outing in November, the regular side was spot-on during the first run - no lead. It was better on the second run with lead. More push.

I do not recall if the Goofy side was OK during the first run w/o lead, but during the second run with lead, the roll numbers were around 9' to get it right. High.

During the first outing, the second run was 500#s of lead. They were going to add 1000#s, but did not have enough bags that day.

russellsmojo
02-24-2021, 09:04 AM
Why so much focus on the plate being installed wrong? Boat looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
02-24-2021, 10:38 AM
I agree. The goofy side was just not as clean with 'normal' settings of 3-4' or roll.

MJHSupra
02-24-2021, 10:44 AM
Some dude on social media was riding his azz about being late on the video. Apparently Wake9 made a few statements about having it complete by a specific date(s), missed those dates, and someone started barking.

I assume if they did not get the video posted, rumor mill would start and people would start to assume the review was 'bad' b/c they were not posting anything. It might be why he talked MORE about the plate not working properly and taking two outings to get the necessary footage.

Key board warriors . . .

larry_arizona
02-24-2021, 11:09 AM
Some dude on social media was riding his azz about being late on the video. Apparently Wake9 made a few statements about having it complete by a specific date(s), missed those dates, and someone started barking.

I assume if they did not get the video posted, rumor mill would start and people would start to assume the review was 'bad' b/c they were not posting anything. It might be why he talked MORE about the plate not working properly and taking two outings to get the necessary footage.

Key board warriors . . .

Perhaps those facebookidiots should grab a mojo and do their own review.

If I were Robert, I would have given them all a big [emoji867][emoji867]

MJHSupra
02-24-2021, 11:31 AM
I think Robert is too nice to do that.

I'm with you on what my reaction would be.

larry_arizona
02-24-2021, 11:56 AM
I need to check myself, I get impatient when the boat configurator is due and I got ants in my pants waiting for thruster videos.

So I am [emoji867][emoji867]to myself.

MJHSupra
02-24-2021, 12:00 PM
It was weird post on Facebook. The guy was from WI. Purchased a Mojo in late fall or early winter and did not test drive the 2021 Mojo. His new build was going to be delivered in a few weeks.

It was all about Wake9 Review missing the "said date". To each their own. Maybe he was having a bad day or week or ???

Robert has a lot of friends out there b/c he is a really nice guy. Most of the other Facebook peeps did not take too kindly to Wake9 bashing. I think they removed some of the posts.

dakota4ce
02-24-2021, 12:19 PM
It was weird post on Facebook. The guy was from WI. Purchased a Mojo in late fall or early winter and did not test drive the 2021 Mojo. His new build was going to be delivered in a few weeks.

It was all about Wake9 Review missing the "said date". To each their own. Maybe he was having a bad day or week or ???

Robert has a lot of friends out there b/c he is a really nice guy. Most of the other Facebook peeps did not take too kindly to Wake9 bashing. I think they removed some of the posts.

I think the guy was “Domasail” or some
name like that and was from Alberta.

His thread was a mess.

And the review is just like everyone could have guessed. Good boat, good wave, same setup as all the other boats. [emoji51]

Prospersigman
02-24-2021, 01:46 PM
I get it I guess...people ordering a completely redesigned boat that had very limited information about it available. But it's a Skiers Choice product...so you know that with an additional 500-1000lbs of lead it is going to be a surf beast...period!

MJHSupra
02-24-2021, 02:39 PM
I get it I guess...people ordering a completely redesigned boat that had very limited information about it available. But it's a Skiers Choice product...so you know that with an additional 500-1000lbs of lead it is going to be a surf beast...period!

Exactly . . .

arsnlgunnr
02-24-2021, 03:52 PM
a lot of people just don't fully understand that the people/channels like wake9 don't make a living off of the content they produce.

because there is so much content to consume, people set these unrealistic expectations that new content should be available when they want it.

sandm
02-24-2021, 04:08 PM
a lot of people just don't fully understand that the people/channels like wake9 don't make a living off of the content they produce.

not entirely correct. Robert, and not talking about him AT ALL as he's a GREAT guy, does have a stake in skiers choice. just like he did with tige when in oroville.
I believe that Robert goes above and beyond in his vids and reviews but he became known for it and they(manufacturers) look for it. I don't know his working relationship with skiers and could be on payroll and could be discount on boats for the press but he's "making money" off this-maybe not a living but he's in the industry due to his web design, video skills and overall brand ambassador.

I'll play devils advocate for a minute. I'd be as jacked as everyone else to get shots of the boat doing what it does if it was my hard earned cash. all the boat manufacturers including skiers have had hulls that haven't lived up to expectations and led very short production lives before being modified. not every boat is a home run out of the gate and with the pricing now north of 100k for most models, getting vids out on new models really helps people justify the price and wait.

dakota4ce
02-24-2021, 04:29 PM
Let’s all also realize that nothing major was reinvented here. The shape of the hull from the drivers seat back is most likely identical or nearly identical to other boats in the line. So there’s not a lot of performance risk at stake when a new model is stamped out. Tons of redesigning on the interior and the top cap and all that stuff, but the part that moves through the water is pretty cut and dry.

larry_arizona
02-24-2021, 04:47 PM
The 2021 mojo release was a soft release at best. Maybe due to covid delays, but in essence if you wanted one, you ordered it blind.

The good news is it’s a great looking, high feature moomba and SC has a winner.

MJHSupra
02-24-2021, 04:56 PM
but in essence if you wanted one, you ordered it blind.

I'm not sure I could do that, spend 100k w/o sitting, riding, or driving the model. Car, boat, or any other purchase.

larry_arizona
02-24-2021, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure I could do that, spend 100k w/o sitting, riding, or driving the model. Car, boat, or any other purchase.

Neither could I.

Prospersigman
02-24-2021, 06:10 PM
Neither could I.

I know many people that would never buy the new model year of a boat, truck, car, etc thinking there are always issues with a 1st year model anything. I personally don't have that opinion and do it more on cars and trucks than I do on boats.

I think the lack of information on the new Mojo was partly due to Covid 19 and also partly due to Skiers Choice always being the last to release any information on new models, updates, online build tool, etc...that is just the way they roll.

russellsmojo
02-24-2021, 06:32 PM

Key board warriors . . .

Makes sense to shut the idiots up. It stinks that people do that junk on social media. It was informative as always.

larry_arizona
02-24-2021, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I work in the auto industry, the 1st year issues are true, I try to avoid 1st years but I just ordered a 21 F150 because my lease is due in may.

Guppydriver
02-24-2021, 07:43 PM
Neither could I.

Normally I would tend to agree, but as has been mentioned....this year was different. There wasn't much of choice if you wanted to boat in 2021. I was going to order in October, and they had just a few Max slots left. I wasn't sure if the Max was as "refined" or optioned the way we wanted it and the Makai was too big. The 23' segment is the hottest and most important segment (for builders) in the industry right now.

I was shown some "spy shots" of an unfinished Mojo hull, looked at the build sheet with options and prices for my dealers boat show Mojo (boat show was still scheduled at that time) and was told it would be a Kaiyen but 2 feet bigger. The last thing I wanted to do was spend 90K on a Max and eventually not feel totally satisfied with such a big purchase, so we decided to go with a Mojo as we were offered a fair discount for market conditions.

Of course, at the last minute we made a hard decision to go with a different manufacturer (we had a deposit check written out for the Moomba) and I think that it is partially due to the fact that we had demoed and seen the boat we eventually ordered. If there would have been a Mojo available to look at it or drive, more than likely we would not have been swayed into a different manufacturer. Even if the Mojo ends up being a much superior boat to what we ordered, we feel comfortable with and will be satisfied with what we have coming, because the decision was based on the information and resources we had available to us at the time.

It looks like an amazing boat though, and I can definitely see us missing a lot of cool features that Moomba is incorporating in its lineup. I feel very comfortable saying that if we are ever in a position to upgrade to a premium towboat, it will be Supra.

Isaguel
02-24-2021, 08:30 PM
Let’s all also realize that nothing major was reinvented here. The shape of the hull from the drivers seat back is most likely identical or nearly identical to other boats in the line. So there’s not a lot of performance risk at stake when a new model is stamped out.

I have to agree with this. To me the Mojo looks like a shortened version of the Makai. Hulls look very similar. The Makai is already a proven surf machine so the Mojo, with less surface area and same ballast, should throw just as good if not taller wave stock.
Any of these boats will throw a great wave if set up right. Its on the operator more than anything else.

larry_arizona
02-24-2021, 08:41 PM
I was looking at the hull of the 21SA and nothing significantly different than an 18SA.

If SC has a proven running surface, no need to change it.

dakota4ce
02-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Neither could I.

Done it 7 times....[emoji51]

RidePC
02-24-2021, 10:48 PM
We took a different approach also. When we started looking for our fist boat late summer/early fall there was nothing to demo or the weather was bad on some weekends. We got to sit in and touch the boat that we went with but the reason we choose our boat was for the dealer. I understand that everybody’s busy and the boat market is crazy but we didn’t feel our SC dealer even wanted to sell us a $100k Moomba. So we spent more with a different dealer. Granted we fell like we got a much nicer interior for the extra money and hopefully the wave is equally as good. We are beginners and think probably all new boats have a good wave. But when it comes down to it we picked the dealer over the brand. Maybe we made a mistake but they helped a ton and were super helpful through the process. Boat comes in March so I guess we will see. So excited.

dakota4ce
02-24-2021, 11:25 PM
This isn’t North Korea—you can tell us what you bought. [emoji51]

MJHSupra
02-24-2021, 11:40 PM
We took a different approach also. When we started looking for our fist boat late summer/early fall there was nothing to demo or the weather was bad on some weekends. We got to sit in and touch the boat that we went with but the reason we choose our boat was for the dealer. I understand that everybody’s busy and the boat market is crazy but we didn’t feel our SC dealer even wanted to sell us a $100k Moomba. So we spent more with a different dealer. Granted we fell like we got a much nicer interior for the extra money and hopefully the wave is equally as good. We are beginners and think probably all new boats have a good wave. But when it comes down to it we picked the dealer over the brand. Maybe we made a mistake but they helped a ton and were super helpful through the process. Boat comes in March so I guess we will see. So excited.

Maybe I had too many bourbons tonight, you bought a new boat from a different dealer out of your territory?

So how far do you have to go to get warranty work done?

RidePC
02-24-2021, 11:44 PM
We got a Tige 21ZX. Dealer is a little closer, only 30 minutes away.

Guppydriver
02-25-2021, 12:03 AM
We got a Tige 21ZX. Dealer is a little closer, only 30 minutes away.

The ZX series is a ridiculously premium boat. Congrats!!

I don't see the ZX series get cross shopped with Moomba too often. More often than not they are cross shopped with Malibu, Supra, and MC.

Post some pics when she come in!!

RidePC
02-25-2021, 09:45 AM
We went from Moomba to ATX. I made the mistake of letting the wife climb around on the Tige while we were there and she loved everything about it. After she fell in love with the Tige I went back and shopped Supra, MC and Malibu. We again liked the dealer the best and the price was better. Malibu was a close second, the dealer and price were great but it came down to her liking the Tige more. Supra was probably my favorite but the price is out of our range. Will for sure post some pics when we make it down to unwrap it.

Prospersigman
02-25-2021, 10:14 AM
I've ridden behind a 2020 21ZX and it will throw a steep wall of a wave, it wasn't my cup of tea but the Tige Interiors, in my opinion, are the best in the game!!

MJHSupra
02-25-2021, 10:41 AM
Will for sure post some pics when we make it down to unwrap it.

Please do. I’m curious what the local dealer will bring to the boat show in a few weeks.

Josh828
02-25-2021, 10:57 AM
So the real question is now how am I adding 1000lbs of ballast to the 21 mojo?

Prospersigman
02-25-2021, 11:23 AM
How or do you mean where do you need to place the weight?

Prospersigman
02-25-2021, 11:25 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210225/d1eb685b5fd031474c701d63011291a9.jpg

Prospersigman
02-25-2021, 11:25 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210225/6f4edfb59e8ddad96a9ff0868a91ef40.jpg

Prospersigman
02-25-2021, 11:27 AM
Here is a post from Sean Silveria and how he rocks his 19 bags of lead wake.

Josh828
02-25-2021, 11:30 AM
How and where really!

My boat will be a trailer queen and a lake hoe.
So lead isn't really preferred, and it seems like the 4000lbs of ballast is already pretty full, maybe could get a taller bag in the rear locker

KnoxMojo
02-25-2021, 11:37 AM
Need to see more wakeboard reviews from these new boats. Any boat out there can throw a surf wave, but it seems really good wakeboarding wakes are going by the wayside.

dakota4ce
02-25-2021, 12:17 PM
Need to see more wakeboard reviews from these new boats. Any boat out there can throw a surf wave, but it seems really good wakeboarding wakes are going by the wayside.

Skiers Choice, Malibu and Nautique are still runaway winners on wakeboarding to me!

I couldn’t get the ATX to throw a moderately clean wake until 23mph.

sandm
02-25-2021, 12:25 PM
lets face it. people buying boats anymore don't board. the younger set are the majority of boarders and not many are out spending 100+k on a boat.
just like pricing and the market is dictating the stupid increases, the buyers are saying surf not board and manufacturers are obliging.

I would 100% agree with dakota if I was in the market for surf and speed for kids you can pull 'bu off that. cousin had 2 lsv's and went to a gs22 due to the 17-20mph wakeboard wake over 'bu. even the coveted xstar seems to be more geared toward surf... and a 200+ pricetag :)
our old tige 22ve threw a decent boarding wave but boater4life's mondo was 2x the wake with less ballast and super clean. boarding seems to be something skiers hasn't forgot.

KnoxMojo
02-25-2021, 12:39 PM
lets face it. people buying boats anymore don't board. the younger set are the majority of boarders and not many are out spending 100+k on a boat.
just like pricing and the market is dictating the stupid increases, the buyers are saying surf not board and manufacturers are obliging.

I would 100% agree with dakota if I was in the market for surf and speed for kids you can pull 'bu off that. cousin had 2 lsv's and went to a gs22 due to the 17-20mph wakeboard wake over 'bu. even the coveted xstar seems to be more geared toward surf... and a 200+ pricetag :)
our old tige 22ve threw a decent boarding wave but boater4life's mondo was 2x the wake with less ballast and super clean. boarding seems to be something skiers hasn't forgot.

I will have to disagree that wakeboarders aren't buying boats. I am 43, from, my A22s, to the Mojo and now the SA and on to my next boat, it will have to wakeboard first and surf second. We have plenty of friends that are in their 30s to early 40s that still ride at a high level that would much rather wakeboard than surf, and guess what, we all have the money now to spend on nice boats. The surf craze has both progressed the tech in these boats but also driven the cost up astronomically as compared to other consumer segments, as any dad bod out there with a few bucks in his pocket can surf and have his beer. I do enjoy surfing, but it is nothing like wakeboarding.

KnoxMojo
02-25-2021, 12:41 PM
Skiers Choice, Malibu and Nautique are still runaway winners on wakeboarding to me!

I couldn’t get the ATX to throw a moderately clean wake until 23mph.

Couldn't agree more, Axis has stayed on more the wakeboard path as well, just don't care for their boats anymore. I will stick with Skiers for my boats and just enjoy riding anything else that I am able to

sandm
02-25-2021, 01:31 PM
I will have to disagree that wakeboarders aren't buying boats.

sorry. I should have specified MOST are buying for surfing. boarding is still very much alive but unlike the mid00's, it is not what is driving most boat sales today.
did the centurion demo days last fall. boats were running pretty much nonstop and not a single rider showed up with a wakeboard but it was offered. singular example but indicative of the market.

you are 100% correct that the surfing tech has made these things stupid expensive. it's not boarders or slalom riders driving the tech.

KnoxMojo
02-25-2021, 01:44 PM
did the centurion demo days last fall. not a single rider showed up with a wakeboard but it was offered.

To be fair, I probably wouldn't want to wakeboard behind a Centurion either, lol. Talking to a couple of the gear reps, they said the last 2 years have been great for wakeboard sales, had almost nothing leftover and sold out of about all the high end boards. Maybe it'll make a comeback. I have thought about picking up a 2000s Xstar to refurbish with some of the latest tech for ballast and comfort. With the bigger engine, there isn't much to go wrong, very simple boats looking back at it.

Rebiter
02-26-2021, 01:26 AM
It's very exciting to watch, I like it.

MJHSupra
02-26-2021, 02:50 PM

I agree. I was telling Robert about that, even if it's something real short on the videos.

larry_arizona
02-26-2021, 04:56 PM
I can vouch the SA throws a killer wakeboard wake with the factory settings.

Anything over 50% ballast is HUGE.

parrothd
02-26-2021, 05:36 PM
I can vouch the SA throws a killer wakeboard wake with the factory settings.

Anything over 50% ballast is HUGE.

I was pretty confused with this video, why was so much time wasted explain why they did a review of non-functioning boat? Seems like he got pressured into putting something out and it had be x minutes long and needed to fill a bunch of time. It would've been better to start over and review the boat when it was fully working at later date and scrap all the filler.

arsnlgunnr
02-26-2021, 06:09 PM
How and where really!

My boat will be a trailer queen and a lake hoe.
So lead isn't really preferred, and it seems like the 4000lbs of ballast is already pretty full, maybe could get a taller bag in the rear locker

I’m with you Josh.

I plan to just take advantage of the 4000lbs of ballast and 70gal fuel tank, crew and gear.

My lift is rated for 6800#, so adding lead would require me to put in and take out every time I use the boat.

The stock wave looked great in the video!

larry_arizona
02-26-2021, 07:22 PM
I think Robert is a good storyteller, his videos are well thought out, and largely entertaining.

I respect his story on figuring out the mistake on the boat. it shows that he knows what he is talking about and that SC is human, made an error on an RD boat and fixed it.

I did like that Robert lobbied for the Mojo to use this year.

Bottomline the mojo surfs great.

2in2out
02-26-2021, 08:06 PM
Anybody know what drone Robert was using? The flight didn’t seem as smooth this time, and I was curious if he switched drones. I don’t have his email to ask him directly.

MJHSupra
02-27-2021, 12:50 PM
Anybody know what drone Robert was using? The flight didn’t seem as smooth this time, and I was curious if he switched drones. I don’t have his email to ask him directly.I can text him

KnoxMojo
02-27-2021, 03:29 PM
I’m with you Josh.

I plan to just take advantage of the 4000lbs of ballast and 70gal fuel tank, crew and gear.

My lift is rated for 6800#, so adding lead would require me to put in and take out every time I use the boat.

The stock wave looked great in the video!

You have plenty of capacity in your lift, why would you have to take the weight out every time? I don't load people in our boat while it is on the lift. I lower it in the water to where it is still steady on the bunks but a lot of weight off the lift then have people get in. Unload them the same way. You could easily have 500-800 pounds without any issue.

Isaguel
02-27-2021, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I agree, that '21 Mojo is 4800lbs + 800lbs lead . You should have plenty of capacity in that lift. The wave will be great stock but 800lbs extra displacement will give you a lot more room to play. The wave on my SA stock was pretty good and I added an extra 500lbs and its amazing IMO. I'm still contemplating another 2-300 lbs.

larry_arizona
02-27-2021, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I agree, that '21 Mojo is 4800lbs + 800lbs lead . You should have plenty of capacity in that lift. The wave will be great stock but 800lbs extra displacement will give you a lot more room to play. The wave on my SL stock was pretty good and I added an extra 500lbs and its amazing IMO. I'm still contemplating another 2-300 lbs.

Fixed it for ya [emoji12]

arsnlgunnr
02-27-2021, 05:49 PM
You have plenty of capacity in your lift, why would you have to take the weight out every time? I don't load people in our boat while it is on the lift. I lower it in the water to where it is still steady on the bunks but a lot of weight off the lift then have people get in. Unload them the same way. You could easily have 500-800 pounds without any issue.

Guess it’s just my noob thinking. Also, I rent my slip/lift from a neighbor, so not wanting to push it to the limit.

There’s also good chance I’ll reply to this same thread in July saying I put 500# of lead in and how awesome the wave is [emoji1]

russellsmojo
02-28-2021, 12:35 PM
I wonder if a boat came with 6,000 standard ballast plus dry weigh of 6,000 if we would say add 500 pounds of lead [emoji1787]

Bigs28
02-28-2021, 10:18 PM
I wonder if a boat came with 6,000 standard ballast plus dry weigh of 6,000 if we would say add 500 pounds of lead [emoji1787]

As long as it says it seats 17 people or 2900 lbs and you primarily ride with a family of 5 or less. :)

Oldernotwiser
03-15-2021, 02:06 AM
I would just add weight as needed. Those riding skim generally do not want a massive wave anyway. We generally run 400 lbs in our SL’s and have never added more than 600. Learning how to setup your boat for individual riders is more important than absolute weight and a set speed/ pitch, etc. As riders advance they are going to ask you to adjust for skim and surf and individual needs. And the good news is these boats can do it. That is why there are memory presets. Enjoy your boat.