PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a nice lake in North Carolina for vacation

bryan805
04-11-2007, 11:11 PM
First time post. Replaced my late model stern drive with a brand new 2006 mobius lsv last year and loving it. I am looking to branch out with the family for a week long vacation to a lake in North Carolina in early June and was hoping someone on this board might have some recommendations for renting a lake cabin on a nice lake in that area. Any recommendations or guidance on specific lakes or potential rental brokers would be much appreciated. Thanks for any replies.

Buttafewcoe
04-12-2007, 04:44 AM
Lake James is nice, but stays pretty cool most of the summer.
Lake Norman is big water with a lot of traffic.
Lake Hickory, which is where I do most of my boating, is ok but for boarding, you need to hit it kinda early to get your glass.
I'm sure there are more lakes in eastern NC, but none I'm familiar with
Westport Marina (Moomba dealer) is hosting a bash, maybe sometime in June on Lake Norman. Check up on that.
B

drhodes5
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Lake Gaston is pretty nice. They have alot of rental houses. Stayed there for a week last year around that time period, not much traffic.

anabolicone
04-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Lake James is nice - I second the cool water - very clear and clean -

bryan805
04-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I will check these out for sure.

gsi09907
04-14-2007, 04:53 PM
BEAR PAW hands down TVA Hiawassi Dam about 25 min above Murphy NC, 27 miles long, 400' deep and on the weeknd you could be the only boat you ever see and thru the week you will be the only boat you see. We live about 2 hrs away and try to make it up 2 times a month. Bear Paw is a community in which you can rent a house www.mountainviewmarina.com Went up on the 4th of July last year and only saw 7 other boats in the whole week crystal clear water too!!!!!

WOW Heaven on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!