PDA

View Full Version : Who has done a DIY Windscreen for the walkthrough??

Tylerrnemt
02-12-2021, 02:55 PM
Wish my '20 Mojo came with the walk through windscreen option.... anyone make one? seems relatively easy to do.

Post pics and info if you have!

korey
02-12-2021, 03:11 PM
I use my bow filler cushion. Stand it up and it fills the space pretty well. Definitely does the job well enough for the rare occasion we have to outrun some rain or those chilly October bonus days

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SONIC
02-12-2021, 03:38 PM
Grab a piece of 3/8" plexi from lowes and cut to shape.
1/8" roundover bit on a router for the edges.
Sand it with 120 grit and it will take on a frosted finish.
Add a vinyl moomba logo and you're golden.

996scott
02-13-2021, 02:34 PM
On our old LSV i bought a piece of clear/tinted plexiglass and cut it to fit. Rounded the edges with sandpaper and put the logo on it. It was really pretty good if i say so myself. I found some kind of plastic channel from Home Depot and used very thin double sided tape to attach it to the sides of the walk through. I didn't want to drill holes and screw anything in so the tape worked great. It was completely solid and held up great.

I use it for a few years and then decided to make a removable cushion that would fit in the opening and on top of the bow filler cushion. I bought some thicker hdpe, some foam, and scrap vinyl. Watched a bunch of videos on how to reupholster boat seats and got it done. This is even better than the windscreen because it acts as a windscreen and gives you more room for people to sit facing forward in the bow. You can put it in and take it out whenever you want and when not it use we just leave it the bow. I made it fit pretty snug between the sides of the other built in back rest cushions so it stays in place nice and tight but comes right out very easily.

We love the cushion so much that was the first thing i did for the new Craz. Here are a few pictures of the old windscreen and the old cushion. I can get a picture of the new cushion in the Craz if anyone wants to see it.

larry_arizona
02-13-2021, 02:48 PM
^^^^^ you did a great job on both options.

The cushion is a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterworn
02-13-2021, 03:56 PM
On our old LSV i bought a piece of clear/tinted plexiglass and cut it to fit. Rounded the edges with sandpaper and put the logo on it. It was really pretty good if i say so myself. I found some kind of plastic channel from Home Depot and used very thin double sided tape to attach it to the sides of the walk through. I didn't want to drill holes and screw anything in so the tape worked great. It was completely solid and held up great.

I use it for a few years and then decided to make a removable cushion that would fit in the opening and on top of the bow filler cushion. I bought some thicker hdpe, some foam, and scrap vinyl. Watched a bunch of videos on how to reupholster boat seats and got it done. This is even better than the windscreen because it acts as a windscreen and gives you more room for people to sit facing forward in the bow. You can put it in and take it out whenever you want and when not it use we just leave it the bow. I made it fit pretty snug between the sides of the other built in back rest cushions so it stays in place nice and tight but comes right out very easily.

We love the cushion so much that was the first thing i did for the new Craz. Here are a few pictures of the old windscreen and the old cushion. I can get a picture of the new cushion in the Craz if anyone wants to see it.

Great work on the plexiglass with the logo! Looks like it came with the boat. Impressive.

Tylerrnemt
02-13-2021, 10:40 PM

This looks great! Now you’ve got me thinking about the cushion idea also!! Would love to see what you have set up on the craze???!

MJHSupra
02-13-2021, 11:23 PM
Nice job

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Branden967
02-14-2021, 02:07 PM
I really like the track you used plus the sticky tape. I haven't done this mainly because I didn't want to screw holes through the walls.

Could you post what track you used, Id love to copy that?

Thanks!

996scott
02-14-2021, 06:16 PM
I really like the track you used plus the sticky tape. I haven't done this mainly because I didn't want to screw holes through the walls.

Could you post what track you used, Id love to copy that?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is the exact one i used but something very similar.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-x-96-in-x-1-4-in-Thermoclear-Polycarbonate-Multi-Wall-U-Channel-PCTWU-6MM/205202529?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&mtc=Shopping-B-F_Brand-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Catchall_PLA&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_Brand-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Catchall_PLA-71700000014585962-58700001236285396-92700010802552505&gclid=CjwKCAiAsaOBBhA4EiwAo0_AnPoY70X2XyCM9dzpq_4h 9l6P9aD8P5nV2R--4TFq12_grCqm25RKlxoCs5IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

996scott
02-14-2021, 06:21 PM
This looks great! Now you’ve got me thinking about the cushion idea also!! Would love to see what you have set up on the craze???!

This is basically what i made for the Craz. It really isn't anything too fancy but it does a great job of blocking the wind and giving you a little more seating up front.

Branden967
02-14-2021, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure if this is the exact one i used but something very similar.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-x-96-in-x-1-4-in-Thermoclear-Polycarbonate-Multi-Wall-U-Channel-PCTWU-6MM/205202529?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&mtc=Shopping-B-F_Brand-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Catchall_PLA&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_Brand-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Catchall_PLA-71700000014585962-58700001236285396-92700010802552505&gclid=CjwKCAiAsaOBBhA4EiwAo0_AnPoY70X2XyCM9dzpq_4h 9l6P9aD8P5nV2R--4TFq12_grCqm25RKlxoCs5IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Fantastic Thanks! Adding this to the winter projects list!

mcjimmy33
02-15-2021, 10:13 AM
This is basically what i made for the Craz. It really isn't anything too fancy but it does a great job of blocking the wind and giving you a little more seating up front.

You have any dimensions to share or the materials used? I would love to try an make one of those.

KnoxMojo
02-15-2021, 10:14 AM
Just flip your bow filler cushion upside down in the walkway to block the wind, it's a free mod!

jph3
02-15-2021, 01:14 PM
I got that track, and then added some felt to inside - both sides of it. Used a sheet of hdpe from Amazon... I think I was all in under $40? It was an easy project, completely worth it.

996scott
02-16-2021, 08:55 PM
You have any dimensions to share or the materials used? I would love to try an make one of those.

the seat back i made is about 17in high, 17in wide at the bottom, and about 18in wide at the top. As far as material, i just bought a piece of hdpd that was either 1/2 or 2/3 inch thick and then went to a local boat upholstery shop. I asked if they had some scrap vinyl i could look through and found one that was a pretty good match. The foam i bought from a local upholstery shop. I'm sure i probably could have got it from the same place i got the vinyl as well. Used a pneumatic stapler and that's really about it.