PDA

View Full Version : Hoisting your Moomba with a liftingbar

mvd
04-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I want to hoist my Moomba LSV with the use of a horizontal lifting bar. Does anyone have pictures of such a bar?
I don't want to hoist with bands that goes under the boat because the chance of damage.

Anyone pictures of buildingplans, please let me know

Buttafewcoe
04-11-2007, 06:50 PM
There is hoisting techniques in your owners manual about lifting by the bow and stern eyes. Although it does not show a building, it does show a bar with strap placements.
I tried to cut and paste the page here but it dint werk. crikey!!
Hope this helps
B

schwartzman
04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Any crane company would have what you need, unless you have and overhead crane in a shop it would be much cheaper. I use craning companies for work alot and it's so nice to have them show up with all the proper rigging gear, and depending on how far you want to move it they can do that too. Make sure you tell them the weight of the boat, that they will need a spreader bar and how far you will move it and they can give you a price.

mvd
04-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Any crane company would have what you need, unless you have and overhead crane in a shop it would be much cheaper. I use craning companies for work alot and it's so nice to have them show up with all the proper rigging gear, and depending on how far you want to move it they can do that too. Make sure you tell them the weight of the boat, that they will need a spreader bar and how far you will move it and they can give you a price.

My harbour has a cranbe but no spreader bar. The one i need ( length 22 feet) will be much to heavy because these bar are normaly designed for much heavyer loads. So i want to design one myself, my brother is an engineer so that would be no problem.

Maybe there are some owners out there that could provide me some pictures?

csumerall
04-13-2007, 08:29 PM
If you used a piece of 2x2x 0.18 square stock with pin holes for 3 clevis's that would be more than adequate and just buy 3 2" nylon straps which with a straight pick(no loops or basket picks) have over a 4K lifting capacity I have hoisted several vehicles much heavier than your boat in the same manner

mvd
04-14-2007, 03:01 AM
If you used a piece of 2x2x 0.18 square stock with pin holes for 3 clevis's that would be more than adequate and just buy 3 2" nylon straps which with a straight pick(no loops or basket picks) have over a 4K lifting capacity I have hoisted several vehicles much heavier than your boat in the same manner

Thanks

Can you make a simple drawing for me with pinholes? It would be apreciated

Nafplio
04-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Google "spreader bar". You'll find plenty of info and drawings. Will you be using this every time you pull the boat out?

moomba_armada
04-15-2007, 02:45 AM
http://www.storesnshops.com/S10004/107.asp

mvd
04-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Google "spreader bar". You'll find plenty of info and drawings. Will you be using this every time you pull the boat out?

Yes, I assume the spreader bar has to be the lenght of the boat? Like it is pictured in the manual? Does any one have some links of website that sell these long sprederbars?

Does anyone knows where the centre gravity point of the boat is? Because it has to be in balance with the spreader.

Regards