PDA

View Full Version : 2020 max or 2021 mojo

Bigs28
02-01-2021, 09:36 PM
I will primarily surf but my wife still loves to wakeskate and my 5 year old loves it all. We're going back and forth between a 2020 max and 21 mojo. It's tough because ive driven the max but have not and cannot drive the 21 mojo. It's buying it blind.

Thanks for any advice.

Bigs28

sandm
02-01-2021, 09:47 PM
first world problems :)

for us, if money was not the factor mojo would be our choice. newer hull and creature comforts look to be a little nicer in the mojo.
the max is likely the best bang for the buck boat on the market today tho. I don't think there's a better value out there.

either way can't go wrong.

larry_arizona
02-01-2021, 10:48 PM
Which one does your wife want?

Pick whichever one she says and that way she can never complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSP012
02-01-2021, 11:48 PM
Following. Deposit down on 2021 Max ( May delivery) but may switch that over to a Mojo. Still in research mode.

Guppydriver
02-01-2021, 11:54 PM
Both of you guys will find this thread vey useful! Congrats either way.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?35964-2021-mojo-vs-2021-max

Bigs28
02-02-2021, 09:19 AM
It was a 7k difference but the mojo has allot more features and we get to pick them. The max is on the lot ready to take home but the water is still pretty cold. The mojo has an estimated completion of may so should have it for the summer....... signing on the mojo today.

Josh828
02-02-2021, 09:21 AM
I liked the fit and finish of the mojo so much better, that and the design of the whole boat. However both great choices!

Isaguel
02-02-2021, 09:34 AM
The mojo has an estimated completion of may so should have it for the summer....... signing on the mojo today.

You live in Florida, its summer all year round there!

Awesome, signing today huh, congrats. Then the waiting starts and the counting of every passing hour and the late nights lying on bed dreaming about the day that puppy finally arrives in the driveway.
Where do u surf in Fla, ocean, lakes, rivers? How do u guys manage the reptiles down there. There's nothing exciting lurking in the waters here in Minnesota, maybe a curious Muskie that decides to nibble on your toe, that's about it.

Bigs28
02-02-2021, 09:43 AM
I live on a 160 ish acre lake in lake placid, fl. It's 48 degrees right now so I'm not getting in the water. Neighbor has a 210 we can play on on the warm days until mine comes in :). I've been on this lake for 4 years and only seen 2 gators. Both under 2 feet long. They are around but don't like our lake because the water is so clear they can't ambush prey. If anything does show up greater then 4 feet we call fish and wildlife and they come remove them but have not had to do that. They just really don't come in our lake but they could at any point. Way more shark attacks in Florida then gator attacks but people still go to the beach.

Guppydriver
02-03-2021, 12:44 AM
It was a 7k difference but the mojo has allot more features and we get to pick them. The max is on the lot ready to take home but the water is still pretty cold. The mojo has an estimated completion of may so should have it for the summer....... signing on the mojo today.

Unless you are paying cash...

That's four months of interest you won't have to pay on the Max that's just sitting there idle until it warms up. Take that $1500 or so and add it to the down payment and the cost delta between the two boats decreases that much more!

Great Boat... I think it's the gem in a great Moomba lineup!

larry_arizona
02-03-2021, 09:37 AM
Congrats, plus you get the 7 year powertrain warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
02-03-2021, 10:43 AM
Great Boat... I think it's the gem in a great Moomba lineup!

Agree. Since it was so late coming out in 2020, there will be a lot of chatter once people hit the water this spring.

Then it will be the best seller in the Moomba lineup.

Josh828
02-03-2021, 03:32 PM
Agree. Since it was so late coming out in 2020, there will be a lot of chatter once people hit the water this spring.

Then it will be the best seller in the Moomba lineup.

I tried to order it back in the summer, waited for the 21 and was heart broken when it didn't release with everything else.
Started looking at used. Then a Max, then finally 6 months later back to a mojo haha

Bigs28
02-03-2021, 04:14 PM
I demoed a 20 max and really liked it. But adding some options that i really would like brought it up to the cost of a new one built the way i wanted from factory. Problem was a factory max wouldn't be in till August but it would be a 2022 model. Then the sales pitch came that he has a 2021 mojo set for a may build i can order and spec the way i want which ended up being more but it is what it is. At the end of the day my wife, 5yo son, and myself will make some great memories starting this summer on a mojo.