PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl temp question

Bigs28
01-29-2021, 12:30 PM
Dealer has a new max coming in in a few weeks. Interior is black vinyl. I live in south Florida and was wondering if the vinyl moomba uses gets hot. I don't want to be throwing buckets of water all over the boat to change seats.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

larry_arizona
01-29-2021, 12:59 PM
Yes it does get hot.

Take a cushion, set it in the sun in the parking lot for 15 min and use an IR gun to read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigs28
01-29-2021, 01:19 PM
Yes my waverunner gets super hot but i know they have cool touch vinyls and stuff that helps. Just didn't know how moombas vinyl handled the heat.

larry_arizona
01-29-2021, 01:22 PM
Yes my waverunner gets super hot but i know they have cool touch vinyls and stuff that helps. Just didn't know how moombas vinyl handled the heat.

Moomba does not offer chill tech vinyl, Supra does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
01-29-2021, 04:10 PM
Ouch. The back of my legs are burning just thinking about that. I think it's "Laminated Vinyl w/ Stain Resistant Topcoat".
Better stuff vs what was used years ago on the older models for all boat makers.

Look at a newer Supra. Chill Tech Vinyl was released in 2019

Prospersigman
01-29-2021, 04:51 PM
I cant imagine a dealer in FL ordering all-black interior on non-chill tech vinyl... you would literally have to have towels laid out everywhere to even walk, sit, touch anything.

That dealer might be sitting on that one for a while...unless the boats outside and then he won't be able to ;)

sandm
01-29-2021, 04:53 PM
You will have towels covering every seating surface 247 imo....

Our boat is new and not chill vinyl... even our grey in the summer sun bakes ya....

Northern climates not as big a deal but southern....

haknslash
01-30-2021, 11:25 AM
Yea that’s going to be blazing hot! My light graphite gets hot AF so black is likely much worse lol.

brad460
01-30-2021, 11:37 AM
There isn’t an option for an all black interior on a Max...I assume you mean the dark graphite/light graphite?

Regardless the dark graphite areas will get hot...but not like all black..The light graphite areas should be ok.

Bigs28
01-30-2021, 12:28 PM
Back rests black, bow filler cushion black, front of cushion towards your knees black, about 75% of the rear sun deck was black.

sandm
01-30-2021, 03:20 PM
The light graphite areas should be ok.

in the southern climates anything but white on regular vinyl seats is hot AF. our sundeck is light grey and have to splash or lay out a towel to sit.
northern folks won't see the same heat issues.

haknslash
01-30-2021, 06:50 PM
There isn’t an option for an all black interior on a Max...I assume you mean the dark graphite/light graphite?

Regardless the dark graphite areas will get hot...but not like all black..The light graphite areas should be ok.

Don’t let the light graphite color fool ya that stuff gets pretty dang hot here in Alabama! The white stays fairly cool of course. You would think the lighter color gray wouldn’t get hot but it’s a scorcher in the south lol. That stuff may as well be called devils skin :D. We have to splash ours or use a towel during peak summer.

brad460
01-30-2021, 07:40 PM
Light grey/dark grey...they all get hot down south.

So for the OP- any color vinyl you have in your boat will get hot. Doesn’t matter...

Tommy2slow
01-30-2021, 08:00 PM
I live in the north so it is not an issue for me but I would never, ever own a boat with black vinyl. Someone is going to get burnt, possibly a small child as they aren’t expecting it. My .02