PDA

View Full Version : Flow 2.0 Autowake With G6 Balance System Upgrade. Worth it? 2021 Moomba Max

CSP012
01-22-2021, 02:11 PM
Pulling the trigger on a new Moomba max. Is the autowake upgrade worth it or will the standard autowake suffice?

Thanks for the feedback and any other advice you would give to someone buying a new Moomba!

Chuds
01-22-2021, 02:20 PM
From what has been said on other threads the g6 ballast pump upgrade is absolutely worth it. The reduced fill times is significant and from what I have been reading it also helps autowake function better by allowing it to tweak ballast faster and in turn be more responsive. That being said from what I have read on here the ballast fill time reduction is worth it alone.

Prospersigman
01-22-2021, 02:38 PM
If you are going to be exclusively surfing, have a consistent crew (meaning the number of people in your crew and they aren't up and moving around all the time) and you know how to set up a boat auto wake isn't a necessity. For fill times alone I would get the G6 ballast system.

Ralphy
01-22-2021, 02:51 PM
Depends. We're on a shallow end of the lake and everytime someone wants to get off or on the boat we may need to empty balast. If you will be dropping the boat in water once and will stay on it, it probably won't make a big difference. 5 minutes instead of 10. I went for it.

Isaguel
01-23-2021, 12:28 AM
G6 ballast, absolutely, there is no question. Now between the 2.0 and 3.0, there may be some discussion to be had. But from 0 to 2.0, there is no discussion, if you don't do it, you'll regret it, and there is no easy/inexpensive retrofitting when you realize your mistake.

haknslash
01-23-2021, 12:45 AM
Yes get the G6

Guppydriver
01-23-2021, 12:45 AM
Pulling the trigger on a new Moomba max. Is the autowake upgrade worth it or will the standard autowake suffice?

Thanks for the feedback and any other advice you would give to someone buying a new Moomba!

Shouldn't even be an option...I bet on one hand I could count the number of new Max's built without it. It's a brand new surf boat, it definitely needs the G6 ballast upgrade.

parrothd
01-23-2021, 01:20 AM
Shouldn't even be an option...I bet on one hand I could count the number of new Max's built without it. It's a brand new surf boat, it definitely needs the G6 ballast upgrade.

G6 and autowake, once you start using Autowake you can't go back, its like having a boat without cruise control. You don't just use autowake for people moving around but for always having the exact same wave everytime. :)