PDA

View Full Version : Black Chill Tech - Honest Feedback

jph3
01-19-2021, 03:02 PM
Who has used it? I am about to pull the trigger and my hesitation is specifically the black chill tech interior. Let me know if you have some real world experience.

larry_arizona
01-19-2021, 03:34 PM
Sat in the 2019 PWT boat on red and black chill tech on sunny, 97F day, bare skin touching the black was no concern at all.

I ordered my 21 SA with black and dark graphite vinyl with zero concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tre
01-19-2021, 04:07 PM
It's not quite black but I have the dark brown pecan chill tech in my 2020 SE. Like you, I was a bit worried when I ordered it. I can say without a doubt the seats never got warm in the hot sun as we used the boat all last summer. We put on about 55 hours on the boat last summer. I did notice the directions specifically state not to use any vinyl cleaners on the seats. I believe this can ruin the chill tech properties. The boat comes with a small bottle of dawn and a spray bottle from the factory. The factory recommends filling the spray bottle with water and using a drop of dawn. I did this in any spots the seats needed cleaning. Otherwise, I just used plain water to wipe the seats down. I'm a believer and would have no hesitation ordering a dark color chill tech but I would adhere to the factory advice and avoid any vinyl cleaners.

larry_arizona
01-19-2021, 04:37 PM
The fact that SC includes a bottle of dawn tells me a lot. No reason to deviate from the manufactures instructions.

jph3
01-19-2021, 06:52 PM
Thanks, much appreciated! Sounds like I should verify they have cleaned it correctly up to this point.

Guppydriver
01-19-2021, 07:49 PM
For those who have have it....

How would you compare really dark chill tech with white vinyl?

I do like that I can spray vinyl with an interior cleaner de jour. Not that I'm getting a Supra any time soon (unless the power ball hits), but I've been curious. I went white vinyl on my boat just to try to mitigate the heat. My boat order had chill tech available (not standard), but it was crazy expensive and we were pushing up against our budget.

Oldernotwiser
01-19-2021, 08:11 PM
It has no tangible difference in heat. That being said, I am in Alberta, Canada so we at best get to low 80s for daytime temps in summer.

2in2out
01-19-2021, 10:01 PM
Our last boat had white vinyl, and our new-used Supra has mocha chill tech. What I noticed while working on the Supra out in the driveway on one mid-90’s day. White vinyl would burn skin in this condition. I had a set of boat slippers to keep from getting burned, but not scuff the vinyl.

Under same condition with chilltech, initial touch to chilltech is hot, but temperature dissipates rapidly, so it isn’t uncomfortable but for a second. I would strategically lay out towels to step or sit on when working in the boat with white vinyl.

larry_arizona
01-19-2021, 11:31 PM
It’s one of those things you need to experience to truly believe.

The good news is, it’s standard on Supras now.

Prospersigman
01-20-2021, 11:03 AM
Standard...cough, cough...sort of like the power tower and heated/power seat being "standard"...it's all built into the MSRP.

larry_arizona
01-20-2021, 11:06 AM
Standard...cough, cough...sort of like the power tower and heated/power seat being "standard"...it's all built into the MSRP.

Ha, well aware, just meant it was no longer a choice.

tre
01-20-2021, 08:21 PM
I notice no difference between the while regular vinyl in my last Supra and the pecan (dark brown) chill tech in my current Supra. On a hot day, while regular vinyl = dark color chill tech vinyl

dakota4ce
01-20-2021, 08:21 PM

I don’t think “standard” was ever meant to mean “free.”