PDA

View Full Version : Transmission and V-Drive oil change

EMDOC08
04-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi,
I am sure this has been answered somewhere before but I can not find it with the search option. Going to do a full spring service on my 04 LSV Mobius and wanted to get the low down on how to change the v-drive oil and trans oil. Engine sounds like no problem at all but the drains on the v-drive and trans are virtually un-accessible from my looking. I think I will just suck out all the fluid from each with a pump and then replace with fresh fluid. Is this what most of you are doing or something else?

Thanks,
Jonathan

seanpatsdad
04-11-2007, 12:54 AM
The main tranny has a drain on the bottom.Not really a drain but the filter.It is a pain to get to but should be checked.The fluid does go into the bilge and make quite a mess.The V drives drain isn't half as bad.Good luck.
John

JesseC
04-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I use my evac pump and pull the fluid out of the trans and vDrive with it. It takes a while, but better than making a mess.

carsondoc
04-11-2007, 04:06 PM
I use a pump and suck the fluid out of the tranny. Can't access the bottom of it. Asked my dealer and he does the same. I would bet that the vast majority pump out the fluid.

Wake Master
04-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Pump it out. A pump like this works well.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=45403

Also measure the amount of fluid you pump out so you make sure you do no overfill the trans.

[/url]