PDA

View Full Version : Max length on trailer

Precious Roy
12-11-2020, 07:31 PM
Anyone have a max length on trailer? Preferably with the trailer tongue collapsed. Just looking for a sun deck to tongue measurement. Checking measurements in the garage. Thanks.

haknslash
12-11-2020, 11:02 PM
What boat?

Precious Roy
12-12-2020, 12:23 AM
Anyone have a max length on trailer? Preferably with the trailer tongue collapsed. Just looking for a sun deck to tongue measurement. Checking measurements in the garage. Thanks.

I guess I phrased that poorly. Looking for someone with a Moomba Max.... was wondering if they have the length of it on the trailer from the breakaway tongue to swim deck. Thanks ��

haknslash
12-12-2020, 11:31 AM
I had figured that is what you were asking but wasn’t sure lol. My boat is in storage over an hour away or I would check for you. Have you tried calling your local dealer? They would probably chec it for you as well. Hopefully someone else may chime in who can get the measurement for you. I can’t remember exactly where the folding tongue hinge is but if it folds under the bow then you could use the overall length from the Moomba site as that includes the swim platform.

haknslash
12-12-2020, 11:36 AM
Found a side picture of mine with the trailer tongue folded. It folds just under the tip of the bow so you could use the 24’6” from the Moomba website I would imagine. Of course it’s better for someone to verify but hopefully this helps.

http://i.imgur.com/4VOvJ2p.jpg

Precious Roy
12-12-2020, 01:26 PM
I had figured that is what you were asking but wasn’t sure lol. My boat is in storage over an hour away or I would check for you. Have you tried calling your local dealer? They would probably chec it for you as well. Hopefully someone else may chime in who can get the measurement for you. I can’t remember exactly where the folding tongue hinge is but if it folds under the bow then you could use the overall length from the Moomba site as that includes the swim platform.

Found a side picture of mine with the trailer tongue folded. It folds just under the tip of the bow so you could use the 24’6” from the Moomba website I would imagine. Of course it’s better for someone to verify but hopefully this helps.

http://i.imgur.com/4VOvJ2p.jpg

Thanks for the help! I will talk to my dealer about it... just was thinking maybe someone had it quick over here on this site. Good to know the tongue swings under the bow. I would assume the length then is just the length of the boat plus the swim deck. This would be the 24'6" I found as well. Thanks again for the help should be good on the storage side here.

sandm
12-12-2020, 01:32 PM
that pic of the garage looks like you have crazy room in there behind that bass machine.

that said at 24.5ft I'd want 25.5ft.
ours is 26.5 on the trailer tongue folded and we settled on a 27.5ft deep garage and it's about perfect to sneak around the front when it's backed to the rear wall.

Bob__S
12-12-2020, 02:05 PM
Just measured our 2021 Max. 24’-9” with swim platform and trailer tongue folded. Trailer tongue straight would add 3’-7” for a total of 28’-4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Precious Roy
12-12-2020, 02:29 PM
that pic of the garage looks like you have crazy room in there behind that bass machine.

that said at 24.5ft I'd want 25.5ft.
ours is 26.5 on the trailer tongue folded and we settled on a 27.5ft deep garage and it's about perfect to sneak around the front when it's backed to the rear wall.

Yes... there is room in the garage just was thinking if I can stack these boats together in the garage...??? Its the neighbors garage and he keeps it heated all winter. So we got agreed on fee and were thinking about how to fit his ranger and my new max in there.... Looks like we might have to angle a bit.... that ranger was i think 23.5 feet we measured and I think his garage is 45' deep?? I think the stacking idea was a bit of a dream... thanks for the help.

Just measured our 2021 Max. 24’-9” with swim platform and trailer tongue folded. Trailer tongue straight would add 3’-7” for a total of 28’-4”.

Thanks for the measurement! This site is awesome! Glad to be apart of it! Beers on me next time!

haknslash
12-12-2020, 04:43 PM
Not sure on your garage door opening but with the tower folded you'll need more than 9' if you have board racks or you can unbolt them and get it in just under 9'.

https://i.imgur.com/HSCqYku.jpg

Precious Roy
12-12-2020, 11:10 PM
Not sure on your garage door opening but with the tower folded you'll need more than 9' if you have board racks or you can unbolt them and get it in just under 9'.

https://i.imgur.com/HSCqYku.jpg

Thanks for the info on the height as well. There is a 12 foot doors in his garage so should be good. Either way though.... great info. Also, thanks for posting those Max YouTube videos I have watched a lot of them as the ancipation for my order climbs.

haknslash
12-13-2020, 12:10 AM
Nice to have that kind of storage at home! Glad you enjoy the vids! This forum has a great community of helpful folks.

Large Farva
01-12-2021, 12:11 AM
Any of you guys know what the height of the hitch is off the ground when level? I’m trying figure out what kind of drop I’ll need if any. I think the boat mate site says 16”- 18”. I’d love to hear firsthand because I won’t see the trailer until may when I drive 900 miles to pick it up!

larry_arizona
01-12-2021, 12:14 AM
I would say 18”-20” at top of the ball to allow for suspension sag.

Large Farva
01-12-2021, 12:19 AM
I would say 18”-20” at top of the ball to allow for suspension sag.

Thanks! Going to get an adjustable hitch probably because I have no idea how much my Tahoe will sag. It has the auto level air suspension so hopefully won’t sag at all but who knows!

ktenan12
01-12-2021, 09:34 AM
Thanks! Going to get an adjustable hitch probably because I have no idea how much my Tahoe will sag. It has the auto level air suspension so hopefully won’t sag at all but who knows!

I have a Craz. When towing it with my 1500 Sierra I used the hitch below and it rode perfectly level. Assuming your Tahoe is also a 1/2 ton I don't think you'll want a drop.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/reese-towpower-4768/agriculture-hd-parts---accessories-19818/fleet---heavy-duty-20088/hitch-ends---trailer-jacks-20101/clevis-hooks-19559/466802e95412/reese-towpower-tactical-2-inch-clevis-and-hitch-ball-mount/7089244/6031741

Tylerrnemt
01-12-2021, 04:58 PM
My old Tahoe had the hitch mounted way higher in the middle of the rear bumper..... I had to use a 2" drop hitch to tow my old LSV due to this..... Same size drop my brothers 2500HD needed because that hitch was mounted below the bumper. Don't compare apples to oranges here guys.

-Tyler