PDA

View Full Version : depthfinder memory lost when ignition off

mvd
04-09-2007, 03:14 AM
The standard equiped depthfinder does not has an memory function. Every time you turn the ignition off the values you programed are lost. That means every time you have to switch to metric, and add the sallow alarm again.

Is there a way to get around this problem? Its not very user friendly this way.

Buttafewcoe
04-09-2007, 06:39 AM
You can wire it directly to the batt, but that means its always on, but, personally, I don't think that's a good idea. The other thing is upgrade to a more expensive one.
B

Wolf-
04-09-2007, 09:36 AM
The standard equiped depthfinder does not has an memory function. Every time you turn the ignition off the values you programed are lost. That means every time you have to switch to metric, and add the sallow alarm again.

Is there a way to get around this problem? Its not very user friendly this way.

Wow. The cheap hummingbird I put in remembers. I tied it to the AUX switch.

mvd
04-10-2007, 02:05 AM
But i have to also replace the transducer? Strange Moomba is installing a depthfinder, with deep and shallow alarm but no memory!!!

How much power does the detphfinder consume, and someone knows witch brand this depth finder is?

Nafplio
04-10-2007, 02:09 PM
You'll get used to the gauge reading in feet :) . I grew up using the metric system. And between the engine noise and music you probably won't hear the alarm.
The depthfinder won't save your prop at 22mph. But it will help you learn your waters if you take the time to do it. Other than that, its just a nice addition to the dash.

mvd
04-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Anyone knows what the brand is? I grew up with metric, are to old to change to feet know :)

Maybe there is a way to keep the memory, that should be a simple option?

iaonbb
04-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I too think this is one of the most stupid things about my boat...there's gotta be a way to add a small battery or something, or tie it to the memory fuse thingys I've seen under the dash?

mvd
04-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Glad i am not alone on this. I had an old rinker (8 years old) and it had an depthfinder with memory. A memory is more important than a deep alarm! Why would i need yhis for?

What is the brand of the depthfinder, because maybe there is a way to solve this problem. Maybe a mail to factory would help.