PDA

View Full Version : What did you buy for the boat on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

996scott
11-30-2020, 05:33 PM
I picked up;
1. Some Exact Fit locker bags (1,190lbs) from Wakemakers-25% off
2. A Heater Craft shower (we do a lot of early spring and late fall boating and we have loved having the hot shower in our old boats)-10% off
3. Some new Domenumbers-50% off

How about you guy? Who went broke saving a bunch of money?:D

2in2out
11-30-2020, 05:48 PM
54” P5 MVP

Liquid Force Wakefoil 2.0 Foil Package

sandm
11-30-2020, 05:53 PM
didn't spend a nickel on boat related stuff. which is kinda wierd considering we have a new whip since july.

no planned purchases at this point.

Scott-clt
11-30-2020, 06:01 PM
Got some P5 gear (board bag and shirt)

Leadwake (10 50lb)

And domed numbers

Thanks for the coupon codes and advice on helping me spend my $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
11-30-2020, 06:45 PM
Follow zip up rain hoodie, padded wakeboard bag, sump pump, pre filter and regular filter for the dock. New bindings because it was a smoking deal, they'll sit on a shelf until needed. Nothing really major.

Large Farva
11-30-2020, 07:48 PM
Hyperlite landlock for my fat a$$ and mission inflatable water pad.

Guppydriver
11-30-2020, 08:30 PM
Four boards.. (P5, Doomswell, 2 hyperlites)

Some neoprene shirts from Quicksilver

Let's Tie Up Prestige Package

Slide Box Anchor

Danik Hooks

Yeti and Gator Step Cooler Kit

250 pounds of Lead Wake

I'll admit. I'm sick. I need help.

BigOrange
11-30-2020, 10:11 PM
Follow zip up rain hoodie, padded wakeboard bag, sump pump, pre filter and regular filter for the dock. New bindings because it was a smoking deal, they'll sit on a shelf until needed. Nothing really major.

What bindings did you get Knox? I've looked around but can't justify getting some new ones at the ridiculous pricing (even with the specials). Knowing my luck my current pair will bust middle of next summer and I'll be stuck.

BigOrange
11-30-2020, 10:14 PM
All I ended up getting was a new impeller puller, some Babes boat bubbles, and a pair of kids WB bindings for my daughter. I'll hold the latter until her birthday next June and see if that will entice her to try the wakeboard for the first time. Need to pick up a board between now and then. Anyone on the forum have one their kids have outgrown?

BigOrange
11-30-2020, 10:17 PM
Also, impeller puller was same piece of junk that seized permanently on me with first use in last month's winterization. Call me stupid but it was half the price of the jabsco branded one (or was Indmar?) I figured I give it one more shot in 2021 or 2022 with some grease on the threads this time. Does anyone have any tips to prevent that? Reading the reviews it seems pretty common.

2in2out
11-30-2020, 10:29 PM
Also, impeller puller was same piece of junk that seized permanently on me with first use in last month's winterization. Call me stupid but it was half the price of the jabsco branded one (or was Indmar?) I figured I give it one more shot in 2021 or 2022 with some grease on the threads this time. Does anyone have any tips to prevent that? Reading the reviews it seems pretty common.

Was it the Wakemakers puller? I just ordered the weekend saver kit as I forgot to add it to our original order. I wanted to order the ACME 3591 prop, but Wakemakers doesn’t have it on their site, and ACME says it’s on back order. There is one one eBay, but I live in a gambling town and know better then to roll those dice.

BigOrange
11-30-2020, 11:10 PM
I believe you’re looking at the prop pullers. I’m talking about the water pump impeller puller. I have no experience with changing props yet.

UNSTUCK
11-30-2020, 11:17 PM
2. A Heater Craft shower (we do a lot of early spring and late fall boating and we have loved having the hot shower in our old boats)

You might be disappointed with this one. These new boats with closed cooling won’t give you the hot water that you’re used to with the older open cooled boats.

MJHSupra
11-30-2020, 11:21 PM
Sold two surfboards this year . . .

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

haknslash
11-30-2020, 11:29 PM
I didn’t get the boat anything but did order the tow vehicle some new LED headlight housings. Can’t wait to ditch my old crusty lights! By the time I looked at a few surf board deals there were a lot of back ordered stuff. Decided to get my daughter a decent camera for Christmas instead.

sandm
12-01-2020, 12:26 AM
You might be disappointed with this one. These new boats with closed cooling won’t give you the hot water that you’re used to with the older open cooled boats.

guessing this is why you don't see a lot of new whips with them installed? didn't even dawn on that one.

j.mo
12-01-2020, 02:41 AM
Anyone been having trouble with the wakemakers site the last few days? I cannot get it to load on my phone

haknslash
12-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Been working fine for me.

SONIC
12-01-2020, 10:40 AM
Yep shower setup will be a bit more complicated for a 2021.
You'd need a water pump, coolant pump, water to water heat exchanger and the shower setup.

996scott
12-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Yep shower setup will be a bit more complicated for a 2021.
You'd need a water pump, coolant pump, water to water heat exchanger and the shower setup.

Oh dang, the install on my last boat was pretty easy. Might be in over my head on this one. Going to have to look into this a little more. Thanks for the heads up.

Guppydriver
12-01-2020, 11:46 AM
I didn’t get the boat anything but did order the tow vehicle some new LED headlight housings. Can’t wait to ditch my old crusty lights! By the time I looked at a few surf board deals there were a lot of back ordered stuff. Decided to get my daughter a decent camera for Christmas instead.

Good! Looking forward to some sweet 4k video or hi res pics of you surfing next summer ;

KnoxMojo
12-01-2020, 12:15 PM
What bindings did you get Knox? I've looked around but can't justify getting some new ones at the ridiculous pricing (even with the specials). Knowing my luck my current pair will bust middle of next summer and I'll be stuck.

I bought leftover 2020 Liquid Force kite board bindings with the 6x chassis. Kite Paddle Surf and Force Kite and Wake have them. Bought red LFK from kite paddle surf with ipx for $200, then green hiker bindings from force kite for $175.. they're nice. I wanted the black 6x version, but all sold out in my size.

KnoxMojo
12-01-2020, 12:17 PM
Sold two surfboards this year . . .

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

But how many you buy? Lol

MJHSupra
12-01-2020, 02:31 PM
But how many you buy? Lol

One, but have not paid for it or heard back from the seller yet. We will see. P5 Ahi (58"). Not a new one.

Most of the new boards, retail $900-$1,000+ , were discounted by ?20%?, so they were still $700-800ish. I started looking for the same as you - Phantom.

KnoxMojo
12-01-2020, 02:43 PM
One, but have not paid for it or heard back from the seller yet. We will see. P5 Ahi (58"). Not a new one.

Most of the new boards, retail $900-$1,000+ , were discounted by ?20%?, so they were still $700-800ish. I started looking for the same as you - Phantom.

I emailed Exile about their surf style board. It's on sale for $399, the sub sonic

BigOrange
12-01-2020, 03:09 PM
I emailed Exile about their surf style board. It's on sale for $399, the sub sonic

Just was looking at that one last night. Let us know what they say. From a cost of fins standpoint is there any difference in the futures box vs the FCS box?

KnoxMojo
12-01-2020, 03:24 PM
Just was looking at that one last night. Let us know what they say. From a cost of fins standpoint is there any difference in the futures box vs the FCS box?

I prefer futures, just seems to be more options and they're less prone to snapping. Plus I have a bunch of them already, lol

MJHSupra
12-01-2020, 06:38 PM

If my P5 Ahi sale goes through, you are welcome to use it.

$399 . . . . . giddy-up. Ryan Deese posts some cool stuff. Dude can ride!

cucv
12-02-2020, 10:12 AM
I grabbed a sea strainer with flush kit and winterization tank. You guys are always raving about this method of winterizing the engine. The snorkel method has worked for me but I'm game to save time.
Got an oil extractor too, our DD oil drain pipe is large and goes straight down the hull drain and is super fast but the Tige drain hose is so small I have to let it drain overnight dragging out the process.
I was hoping to get another prop and Talulah pumps but couldn't find any deals.
Purchased Ballast plumbing stuff in preparation for more pumps and venting rear bags to the front of the boat.
I was able to get the black Friday discount applied to my Lead order from October as it has yet to arrive. Sure seems like USPS hates shipping them, tracking shows they moved some last week but they have stalled again.

2005 Tige 22v

rhouse181
12-02-2020, 11:13 AM

Let me know if Exile sends any information your way...

KnoxMojo
12-02-2020, 04:34 PM
Let me know if Exile sends any information your way...

Talked with Ryan Deese that helped design the board. He said it's fun and fast, more skim than surf, but still has that surfy feel for just cruising. Told him I have a Model X and Inland Surfer Black Pearl, he said it's similar to the Model X. A carbon layup, futures fins and $399, if you've been looking for a fast surfy skim like the Model X, the Subsonic should be a great board. It's not going to be as surf style as a Phantom or Chaos. Hope that helps.

rhouse181
12-02-2020, 05:40 PM
Talked with Ryan Deese that helped design the board. He said it's fun and fast, more skim than surf, but still has that surfy feel for just cruising. Told him I have a Model X and Inland Surfer Black Pearl, he said it's similar to the Model X. A carbon layup, futures fins and $399, if you've been looking for a fast surfy skim like the Model X, the Subsonic should be a great board. It's not going to be as surf style as a Phantom or Chaos. Hope that helps.

Awesome feedback... thanks for sharing the info!

Pile of Parts
12-05-2020, 12:29 AM
I got the Moomba gravity 3 ballast system upgrade and 910s for the rear lockers. Pretty nice savings. Got all of it for about the regular cost of the ballast system alone. Waited all summer for this one.

z28ke
12-05-2020, 09:24 AM

Put a liberal amount of anti-seaze on the threads before you use it. I do this with all screw type pullers to keep the threads from gouging.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201205/bfbae5482999d27cd6fcdde294d10550.jpg

Bch53211
12-05-2020, 01:04 PM
A pair of seablaze underwater lights and a set of wetsounds speaker ring lights

ktenan12
12-22-2020, 10:40 AM
A little late to the Black Friday deals, but GM is offering some pretty good rebates so I decided it was time get back into a 3/4 Ton and have a new tow rig. My Sierra 1500 towed our boat pretty well but not so much with the snowmobile trailer. You can’t even tell there’s anything hooked to this AT4. My girlfriend just bought a horse I so I convinced her that was the real reason we would need it. merry Christmas to me!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/f59ecf263bdfa2a3c622bca8628702b8.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/1d225d5aa0d16a9d3f86eda785e16338.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/e9adf08e8808bb357c0f927ed857f81f.jpg

Tommy2slow
12-22-2020, 11:31 AM
Not a Black Friday deal but my wife surprised me with this beautiful gem yesterday. I might have the most amazing wife ever!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/cbd13bfcc6ee07bac58fd4206eff502b.jpg

I can’t figure out how to post the link but the dealer posted a short inspection video on YouTube titled “Tom’s A5”.

996scott
12-22-2020, 01:12 PM
that is a nice rig to tow with, i'm sure you will love that. And that is one sweet A5 as well. My neighbor just got one last year and i'm jealous every time he drives in and out of the neighborhood. Merry Christmas !!!!!

Tommy2slow
12-22-2020, 01:17 PM
that is a nice rig to tow with, i'm sure you will love that. And that is one sweet A5 as well. My neighbor just got one last year and i'm jealous every time he drives in and out of the neighborhood. Merry Christmas !!!!!
Thanks Scott. Happy Holidays to you and your family as well.

Bch53211
12-22-2020, 01:43 PM
Bought a nauticurl wakeshapoer hoping it will lengthen wave without sacrificing push.

MJHSupra
12-22-2020, 02:21 PM
Nice Tow Rig and Audi !!!

Tommy2slow
12-22-2020, 07:00 PM
Bought a nauticurl wakeshapoer hoping it will lengthen wave without sacrificing push.

Let us know if it improves the wake. I have considered adding one on my boat too. Don’t forget to add what boat(s) you have in your signature. 😀

2in2out
12-22-2020, 08:51 PM
Let us know if it improves the wake. I have considered adding one on my boat too. Don’t forget to add what boat(s) you have in your signature. ��

I had a Nauticurl for my Sanger. It was the only way to get a wave with enough push for me. With adequate displacement, pitch, roll, and positioning of the Nauticurl I was able to get off rope. If you are expecting to lengthen your wave, I don’t think it was a good investment. The delayed convergence that the Nauticurl causes will increase wave amplitude and push. Speed will lengthen your wave at the sacrifice of push. Hopefully you got the slim version, as it adds resale value. I found out that a slight curvature of the hull can cause the suction pads to slip. Boats with step-offs in the hull design, or raised logos make placement difficult. I got the Swell slim, which allowed for more versitile placement and the ability to use on other boats. Boat wedges float, but because the foam on the Nauticurl was black, it made it harder to see when it came off. I used both and got a short, steep wave, but push was quickly lost with increases in speed to lengthen the wake.