PDA

View Full Version : stereo system question

rdc724
04-08-2007, 01:22 PM
i just installed two 1000 watts amps and two tower speakers and a 10" sub the problem is when you turn up the volume to about 26 it shut down and then comes on. but it don't stay on till i turn it down to about 23 and then it stays on. did i hook up something wrong?

Parks
04-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Alright man I think you have too much power. You can run 2 tower speakers and 1 10' sub of 1000 watts. What do you have hook to the amps because your probably gonna blow something if you havent already.

shulaj
04-09-2007, 10:20 AM
I think you have a speaker wire reversed or a ground issue. Sometimes speaker wires matter and other times they do not. The amp is probably clipping. Try unhooking one amp and blasting it, then try the other. If both work, you have a issue with hooking amps together. Not knowing what you have, hard to tell. However, if you have two 1000 watt amps, I think 25 is high enough. HAHA

That is like the movie Spinal Tap. "This amp goes to 11". HAHAHA "It's higher than 10"

shulaj
04-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Pickle.

Is that Pro 80's on your tower?

What do you think of Pro 60's??

JoeTechie
04-12-2007, 08:53 PM
First,

1000 watts of WHAT ? clean or crappy power ? I can buy a 1000 watt amp from the flea market that is the size of a paperback novel... it is NOT the same as a JL Audio 1000 watt amp that is the size of 3 hard cover novels.

Second, you cannot blow ANYTHING from reversing polarity on speakers... they do not have a "wrong way" to hook them up - if you reverse all of them you are just fine, if you run all of them as indicated, you are fine, if you have some one way and others the other, you are just going to get phase cancelation and your music will be VERY quiet no matter how much you turn up the gain. This IS something to look for so you don't waste all that power.

Clipping, overheating, or overcurrent sound like the problem here. Like said above - run one amp, and triple check your wireing. Make sure you have NO crossed or bare wires, and that the amps are getting good ventalation (air circulation)

Try the other amp by itself if there is no problem with the first.

Hope this helps,

-Joe

pickle311
04-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Pickle.

Is that Pro 80's on your tower?

What do you think of Pro 60's??

yes, it's Pro80s

I haven't heard the Pro60s yet but based on how my 80s sound, I expect the 60s to be pretty good. Wetsounds is a killer company and they make great products, the 60s will rock.