PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Moomba Outback?

nube
11-19-2020, 04:14 PM
My family and I have been involved in boat clubs but have never owned ... we enjoy wakeboarding and just cruising hanging out on the boat for pleasure.

We are looking to purchase our first boat and have a pretty limited budget ... I am seriously looking at a 2007 Moomba Outback and a 1999 Malibu Sunsetter VLX? Botha have +/- 300 hours and appear to be well cared for. Asking prices are $20k on the Malibu and $28k for the Moomba.

What do you think? Anything to be looking for, concerned about or afraid of with the Moomba?

I appreciate any intel / advice - thanks!!!

sandm
11-19-2020, 04:30 PM
if you are deadset on those 2, outback all day long. it'll wakeboard great and surf ok.
if outback is injected and 'bu is carb'ed, that would seal the deal for me.

if boarding/cruising are all you plan on doing, outback would be a solid performer. if surfing is on the horizon, I'd keep looking. outback will surf but in the sub-30k range, I'd wait for an lsv/xlv or something a tad deeper.

nube
11-20-2020, 09:06 PM
if you are deadset on those 2, outback all day long. it'll wakeboard great and surf ok.
if outback is injected and 'bu is carb'ed, that would seal the deal for me.

if boarding/cruising are all you plan on doing, outback would be a solid performer. if surfing is on the horizon, I'd keep looking. outback will surf but in the sub-30k range, I'd wait for an lsv/xlv or something a tad deeper.

Thanks sandm -

I guess for wakesurf, a v drive would offer a better experience?

Can you speak to the quality and longevity of this Moomba? It appears to be well cared for but I haven’t taken it on the water. Owner has performed all of their own maintenance.

nube

996scott
11-20-2020, 09:43 PM
I just sold my 07 LSV with 700+ hrs on it and it was in perfect condition and ran like a champ. If it has been well taken care of and had serviced regularly i wouldn't hesitate to to get a Moomba.

deerfield
11-21-2020, 06:50 AM
Outback with stock ballast and tower is great for skiing, barefoot, and tubing. Adequate for wakeboard. Don’t have experience with surf. Bought an 07 new and owned for ten years. A wonderful boat. Never, ever disappointed.

Jimm
11-26-2020, 10:38 AM
Know I'm a little late to this but, as the owner of a slightly older Outback, I would agree with what has been offered. If for no other reason than its a Moomba and not a Mailbu. Without question Moomba/Supra owners are far better people, just like their boats are better boats.
Ours friends around thenlake from us have an early 2000s Sunsetter and even though its in good shape for its age, its a POS and always losing something. A part here, a screw there, etc. It is telling that they never want to take it out when we go ride or cruise around.
But, don't just be another guy with a 'Bu, buy a freaking Moomba.

zabooda
11-26-2020, 01:07 PM
Outback with stock ballast....

Too funny.