PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Supra SL towable cover

miahhough
11-13-2020, 04:00 PM
Hello. I'm looking at a 2019 SL that has the under the tower cover. Is it safe to tow with this cover across the country? Any ideas on what an over the tower cover would cost. We tow back and forth about 100 miles each way all summer. I'd love to be able to have the tower down and protected.

larry_arizona
11-13-2020, 04:48 PM
The over tower is the Best cover available, absolutely can tow it cross country.

I would not like the under tower, makes no sense to use it when you have a folding tower.

Wake9 towed 2018 SL 7500+ miles on an epic cross country trip and the cover performs flawlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8167B2FD1A12D9D8

I put 3100 miles on my 2018 SA tower down outerarmor factory cover with zero issues.

You would be hard pressed to find a better cover. Pulls a vacuum at speed and will not buff the gel, windshield or tower/racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
11-13-2020, 05:49 PM
Your dealer will sell them or call commercial sewing direct.

https://commercialsewing.com/types/marine/

MJHSupra
11-13-2020, 07:26 PM
I tow with mine all the time - over the tower. My trips are anywhere from 5 mins to 60 mins depending on the lake. No issues. Great idea and cover. If I had the option of OVER vs UNDER on the PowerTower - easily would pick OVER 100% of the time.

larry_arizona
11-13-2020, 07:29 PM
I honestly don’t understand the under tower covers, when you have a power folding tower.

I can’t think of one advantage.

miahhough
11-13-2020, 08:12 PM
I would much rather have the over but it has the under. Any idea on cost of the over?

larry_arizona
11-13-2020, 08:13 PM
It’s a $1200 option when you order it with boat.

So probably 1200-1500 aftermarket

smitty75
11-15-2020, 02:25 PM
Only issue I see with the over tower is in my situation, the boat is stored under cover at the lake or in my garage so I don’t bother tucking the Bimini away between uses except 1 or 2 times a year when I transport it to the house for maintenance. I’ve heard the newer Bimini design is a bit of a pita to stow, so hesitant to have to fold everything up every time. But if that isn’t the case I can’t see a reason not to get the over tower.

larry_arizona
11-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Only issue I see with the over tower is in my situation, the boat is stored under cover at the lake or in my garage so I don’t bother tucking the Bimini away between uses except 1 or 2 times a year when I transport it to the house for maintenance. I’ve heard the newer Bimini design is a bit of a pita to stow, so hesitant to have to fold everything up every time. But if that isn’t the case I can’t see a reason not to get the over tower.

You are in luck, when the Fx One tower Bimini came out in 2018, stowing was a pita because the only way to lock it together In stowed position was to install the Bimini cover and its 4 zippers were a challenge.

Some just used bungees or zip ties to lock it in position.

In 2020, Supra added a Bimini lock that holds it stowed without the need for Bimini cover.

I think some people like to tow tower up to show the speaker’s or tower bling.

But towing tower down under cover keeps this clean protected and secure, not to mention less drag, better mpg and keeping things dry if it rains. Just a first class cover.

smitty75
11-15-2020, 03:56 PM
That’s good to know, thanks for the info. I’ll probably go over tower than on the 2021 Sa 2.0 order.

miahhough
11-15-2020, 05:52 PM
I need to find someone in your situation with an over the tower that would want to trade.

MJHSupra
11-16-2020, 11:06 AM
Bimini lock was needed. Now I'm used to climbing up there and fastening it, it does not phase me. Part of my boat ramp routine along with emptying the ballast bags, moving some lead around, and tying down the transom.

dakota4ce
11-16-2020, 12:01 PM
I had the bimini lock loosen, come apart, and fail when I trusted it. It resulted in a ding on my dash upholstery. So keep your eye on the little latch, as it is 2 pieces held together by a small bolt. If it develops play, it can let go. It’s easy to fix however, but after that incident I secondarily secured the arms wjth a rope when I lowered the tower.

tre
11-16-2020, 10:08 PM
I also have the under the tower cover for my 2020. I tow exactly twice per year to put the boat in the garage in the fall and take it back out in the spring. Launch is 2 min away. The boat is stored on a shorestation lift all summer. We keep the bimini up all summer and the tower up all summer so my preference is the under the tower cover. I'd go nuts if I had to put the bimini away each time and fold the tower.

miahhough
11-17-2020, 05:32 PM
So it sounds like there is definitely some that would prefer the under the tower which makes sense. I just listed mine for sale. Actually it's not mine yet but i plan on picking up my new to me 2019 SL. I'm super excited!