PDA

View Full Version : Supra model year changes - 2018-2021

miahhough
10-29-2020, 09:16 AM
I'm looking at purchasing a new SL but also interested in finding one a couple years old with low hours. What are the big model year changes between 2018-2021? I don't see any major changes between 20-21 but wasn't sure about the other years. Thanks!

Mobius22
10-29-2020, 09:22 AM
2018 SL is introduced, replacing SG
2019 new SE is introduced
2020 new SA is introduced
2021 SL and SR get new interiors. Entire line-up received face-lift (windshield, new OB seat, etc).

Prospersigman
10-29-2020, 11:21 AM
2018-2021 is the same hull, same surf system, same tower.

2019 new dash with dual screens and cool touch vinyl. Late model 2019s got the new 1.76 tranny the early model 2019s still have the 1.5 tranny.

2020 they took away the floor cooler and put the batteries in the middle of the floor so you have a trash can and a shoe holder.

2021 windshield gets a refresh, cooler in floor is back, new drivers seat, new interior design...same hull, same surf system.

RoboSanLucas
10-29-2020, 08:15 PM
2021 Also gets new options for heated observers seat, new Supra Flood (provided by Liquid Lumens) Underwater Light upgrade option and the availability of the new Dual Stern Thruster System.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
10-29-2020, 08:37 PM
2021 Also gets new options for heated observers seat, new Supra Flood (provided by Liquid Lumens) Underwater Light upgrade option and the availability of the new Dual Stern Thruster System.

When I ordered my SA, the liquid lumens were not available for some reason.

MJHSupra
10-30-2020, 01:32 PM
I'm looking at purchasing a new SL but also interested in finding one a couple years old with low hours. What are the big model year changes between 2018-2021? I don't see any major changes between 20-21 but wasn't sure about the other years. Thanks!

One of the biggest upgrades is the late model 2019s w/1.76 tranny. It also has the new dash and cool vinyl.

Make sure the wiring harness was addressed. There are some threads on here an on social media (FBook) about it.

Otherwise, the SL will be in the "line-up" for the next "redesign". By the skiier scheduled, SR was supposed to be this year, but it did not happen. SL would be next.

RoboSanLucas
10-30-2020, 02:18 PM
When I ordered my SA, the liquid lumens were not available for some reason.

Unfortunately, that was our fault (at Liquid Lumens). We were working out some final issues with integration to the touchscreen system. We had a communication conflict with other signals on the boat and needed to make a software adjustment, so the option became unavailable while we sorted it out. I think Supra will allow you to make changes to your build up until 14 days prior to completion date, and the option has been available again since October 1st, so you may want to check back with your dealer if you still want the option.

If it’s too late for them to make the change for you at the factory, let me know and perhaps we can help you after your boat arrives.

larry_arizona
11-09-2020, 10:30 AM
Was able to update my SA order with the liquid Lumens.

miahhough
11-14-2020, 11:06 AM
Do you have any other info on the wiring harness issue? The current owner didn't know anything about an issue. Was this a recall type situation or just some random issues? I've done some google searching and haven't found much.

dakota4ce
11-14-2020, 11:53 AM
Do you have any other info on the wiring harness issue? The current owner didn't know anything about an issue. Was this a recall type situation or just some random issues? I've done some google searching and haven't found much.

Random issue....uncommon. Not sure if there is a bonafide issue other than there was a prescribed alternator rewire.

Check the service history. If it has not been devouring alternators, you’re good.