PDA

View Full Version : Adding Walkthrough

rockymtnsurfer
10-23-2020, 07:41 AM
Has anyone added the walk through like the 2020 Max? I was thinking about adding to my 2019 instead of buying a 2020. I feel thats all I like more about the 2020.
Thanks
D

dakota4ce
10-23-2020, 08:09 AM
Has anyone added the walk through like the 2020 Max? I was thinking about adding to my 2019 instead of buying a 2020. I feel thats all I like more about the 2020.
Thanks
D

I think you would enjoy the new transmission ratio as well.

The walk over isn’t a big deal. And it’s a kneecap crusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SONIC
10-23-2020, 08:28 AM
It would be easy enough to add just some HDPE or fiberglass and a strip of gatorstep.
You'd need to reupholster the cushion as well.
Your dealer may be able to order you the cushion with the step but they would have to trick skiiers into it as I doubt they would allow it since they want you to buy a new boat.

rockymtnsurfer
10-23-2020, 09:07 AM
I think you would enjoy the new transmission ratio as well.

Is it a big difference? Ratio that is.

rockymtnsurfer
10-23-2020, 09:10 AM
It would be easy enough to add just some HDPE or fiberglass and a strip of gatorstep.
You'd need to reupholster the cushion as well.
Your dealer may be able to order you the cushion with the step but they would have to trick skiiers into it as I doubt they would allow it since they want you to buy a new boat.

Good idea and good point! mmmmmm this is a tricky debate. Been looking at the 2020 hard, so now I have a lot to think about. I do like the new 2021 screen, so my thought was to maybe wait till next season and pic that one up. I like buying year old stuff...Thanks for your comments
D

dakota4ce
10-23-2020, 09:10 AM
Is it a big difference? Ratio that is.

To me it is. You run a much longer prop and they run so smooth.

I have a 16 x 15 on my 450.

TXSurf4
10-23-2020, 09:28 AM
To me it is. You run a much longer prop and they run so smooth.

I have a 16 x 15 on my 450.

How do you like that prop compared to the others you have run with your 450s? Any "Gel Burn"?

MJHSupra
10-23-2020, 09:50 AM

Just curious, what crushes the knee caps? Is something raised on the back hatch on top of the gator step? I have not been on a MAX.
I thought the walk through was the strip on the back engine hatch and the section on the back seat.

sandm
10-23-2020, 10:36 AM

I'm with MJH on this as what impacts the knees other than the max being so tall that you have to use knees to get up on the sundeck.

atx not having a walkover was one of the big reasons we didn't ink on that boat in 2020. our first supra didn't have(wasn't a thing back then), last 3 did and we wouldn't buy without it. saves on vinyl.

to the OP- the MB we shopped in phx had walkthru on the back sundeck but not the rear seat. speaking with the dealer, they had several customers that they ordered the nautty seat step and had a local upholstery shop install it. said it was only a couple hundred and would do it for us if we ordered new. sure rear sundeck is same theory.

dakota4ce
10-23-2020, 10:53 AM
How do you like that prop compared to the others you have run with your 450s? Any "Gel Burn"?

I put a thin little protective plate on the boat to protect from burn. This was the exact propeller I used on my SL. With the exact same drivetrain. I love the way it runs.

dakota4ce
10-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Just curious, what crushes the knee caps? Is something raised on the back hatch on top of the gator step? I have not been on a MAX.
I thought the walk through was the strip on the back engine hatch and the section on the back seat.

It’s the edges of the gator step. When you are maneuvering around passing a board off to someone helping a kid down the platform, whatever I have a tendency to catch the edge of my knees on the edge of the gator step and it is a hard edge. Same could be said for the step pad on the rear seat. Certainly not saying it’s a showstopper, just saying it’s a little bit annoying, and for me the small benefits of the walk-through I sort of mitigated a little bit by the fact that I bang my knees on it.

dakota4ce
10-23-2020, 10:56 AM
I'm with MJH on this as what impacts the knees other than the max being so tall that you have to use knees to get up on the sundeck.

atx not having a walkover was one of the big reasons we didn't ink on that boat in 2020. our first supra didn't have(wasn't a thing back then), last 3 did and we wouldn't buy without it. saves on vinyl.

to the OP- the MB we shopped in phx had walkthru on the back sundeck but not the rear seat. speaking with the dealer, they had several customers that they ordered the nautty seat step and had a local upholstery shop install it. said it was only a couple hundred and would do it for us if we ordered new. sure rear sundeck is same theory.

Explained above. I guess maybe I haven’t kept a boat long enough to wear out vinyl from stepping on seats with bare feet.

larry_arizona
10-23-2020, 10:59 AM
I put a thin little protective plate on the boat to protect from burn. This was the exact propeller I used on my SL. With the exact same drivetrain. I love the way it runs.

Is prop clearance tighter on moomba than Supra?

dakota4ce
10-23-2020, 12:04 PM
Is prop clearance tighter on moomba than Supra?

Just a titch......maybe 0.25”.

TXSurf4
10-23-2020, 12:52 PM

Do you have a picture of this plate? How is it attached? Did you have a 16 or 16.5 tall on your Makai 450?

dakota4ce
10-23-2020, 01:03 PM
Do you have a picture of this plate? How is it attached? Did you have a 16 or 16.5 tall on your Makai 450?

16x15

dakota4ce
10-23-2020, 01:10 PM

Attached with 5200 and a few dinky little screws to hold it until the 5200 dries.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201023/6b6328ee87a7848e3d38df27537aad5d.jpg

sandm
10-23-2020, 01:58 PM
Explained above. I guess maybe I haven’t kept a boat long enough to wear out vinyl from stepping on seats with bare feet.

I wouldn't say that the vinyl "wears out" but more to keep it in better shape/clean. we kept our first 2 boats over 5 years each so a little bit of protection keeps the vinyl in better shape to sell. we did notice from the supra w/o walkover to the next boat with, cleaning was easier each trip as the sundeck was cleaner on the boat with walkthru. if we traded every few years likely wouldn't care.
most of the posts I see over the last 13 years of guys redoing interiors seems that seat edges and sundecks are the first to show major use.

Guppydriver
10-23-2020, 04:29 PM

And what is this Nautty Seat Step of which you speak? A quick google search only reveals disciplinary techniques..lol

rockymtnsurfer
10-23-2020, 06:36 PM
Thank you all.....think I am going to wait for a 2021

dakota4ce
10-23-2020, 06:47 PM
Thank you all.....think I am going to wait for a 2021

Give me a jingle in one year LOL

sandm
10-23-2020, 07:19 PM
Give me a jingle in one year LOL

that's funny..... but likely true :)

And what is this Nautty Seat Step of which you speak?

what happens on a boat in vegas is never spoken about again :) :)

mgswake
10-23-2020, 08:02 PM
Couldn’t find the nauti step, but I think it was something like these. I could be wrong.

https://www.tidalwake.com/product/seat-step/

https://seatsaver.com/

larry_arizona
10-24-2020, 10:13 AM
You can get a custom made mat made at gatorstep.

With moomba and Supras all gatorstep, you should be able to perfectly match your boat.

sandm
10-24-2020, 01:23 PM
Couldn’t find the nauti step, but I think it was something like these. I could be wrong.

the mb dealer is a nautique dealer so they order the center rear step from nautique and install it in mb's. hence the term nautty....

larry_arizona
10-24-2020, 01:35 PM
I am going to get a matching gator step mat made. At the dock, we board the boat on the starboard bow and step on that cushion.

I do like that the SA has the reversible gatorstep filler cushion, but it’s a wide step to get to that filler step, a weighted mat on the cushion will be nice.