PDA

View Full Version : Removing Driver's Seat

cab13367
04-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the driver's seat? I want to get under the dash and rearrange the gauges, install a sub, etc. and it would be a lot easier to access if I could remove the seat. Looks like removing the front bolt holding the track down is the key to be able to slide the seat forward and out of the track, but I don't have the tool needed to hold the bolt so I can remove the nut from underneath. It's got some strange indentation on it that I don't have a tool for.

Thanks,

Al

bobwells
04-05-2007, 07:34 PM
The new boats may be different, mine is a '98 mobius, I just removed bottom seat cushions exposing 4 bolts and took out seat, I didnt take the frame out but looked to just bolt down... hope this helps, bob

cab13367
05-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Thanks Bob, that was the ticket. My seat has the flip up bolster so the rear nuts holding the base down were not obvious. I removed 4 screws holding the rear seat cushon down, which exposed the rear nuts holding the seat down. Removing the seat made it much easier to work under the dash when I rearranged the guages.

Thanks again.

Al