PDA

View Full Version : Handles in open bow

Stanny
07-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Anyone have problems of their handles coming lose all the time? Not to mention I find washers and wooden blocks all the time in which came lose.

I have a 1999 Moomba LS
________
Z-series (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_Z-series)

hamiltonjct
07-02-2003, 09:28 AM
Yes I have that same problem. Take one of the bolts out and go to Lowes/HD and get your self several lock washers. Go home and put the bolt through the handle the big flat washer that should already have been there, the lock washer then the original bolt.

If you have lost the big flat washer make sure you buy some replacements otherwise you will pull the bolts right through the fiberglass.

If you really want to secure it you could also add a second nut on to lock the first nut. I don't think that is necessary though.

Later,
Jonathan Hamilton
'99 Outback LS

Catdog1
07-03-2003, 04:52 AM
You've probably also notice that the stainless woodscrews used on the various side pads and the rubber bump strips are long and sharp, so that if you tuck skis behind the pads or even in the storage area behind the reverse seat they can get deep scratches or wet suits get torn. We had to go through the boat with bolt cutters and files to shorten and smooth some of them.

In the process, also found that the back center trim pad mounting screw had nearly pierced the plastic gas tank because of screw length.