PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pump impellers?

Pound
09-28-2020, 09:55 AM
Anyone got any leads on where i can order impellers for my ballast pumps? 2016 Craz, OEM pumps. I don't even know what brand pumps they are. (or specifically where they are).

I'll get them from my dealer if need be, but they're not open today and i'd like to get a jump on ordering them.

Stazi
09-28-2020, 09:56 AM
They are Jabsco Ballast Puppy impellers (green) google and search around for the best deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pound
09-28-2020, 10:04 AM
Awesome thanks. I'm on Wakemakers site as we speak.

larry_arizona
09-28-2020, 10:17 AM
Awesome thanks. I'm on Wakemakers site as we speak.

Don’t forget to use the forum discount.

Although don’t recall what the code is at this moment

Pound
09-28-2020, 10:45 AM
These things are out of stock on several sites.

Zog
09-28-2020, 10:56 AM
I was able to get the impeller kit on Amazon. It said they were sold by Wakemakers, but Wakemakers was listing them as sold out on their website. Go figure.

2in2out
09-28-2020, 12:53 PM
I'm going to have my impellers done during winterization. Does the group think it would be cheaper for me to order the impellers myself, or have the stealership service department order them? I'd like to have one or two extra for those potential failures. Which impellers for the 2020 SA pumps? Are they the Puppy impellers?

Can someone PM me the Wakemakers code? I may have some other stuff to get as well.

Shoebox
09-28-2020, 01:16 PM
I'm going to have my impellers done during winterization. Does the group think it would be cheaper for me to order the impellers myself, or have the stealership service department order them? I'd like to have one or two extra for those potential failures. Which impellers for the 2020 SA pumps? Are they the Puppy impellers?

Can someone PM me the Wakemakers code? I may have some other stuff to get as well.Do it yourself. Cheaper and easy. At least a couple will still be serviceable, just save those as spares.

Prospersigman
09-28-2020, 03:09 PM

Can someone PM me the Wakemakers code? I may have some other stuff to get as well.

I cant imagine that you need new ballast pump impellers with a 2020 boat...seems like you got another year or two before you should need to replace them.

I am doing it this year on my 2018 for the first time and I have 350 hours on the original ones.

Shoebox
09-28-2020, 03:58 PM
I cant imagine that you need new ballast pump impellers with a 2020 boat...seems like you got another year or two before you should need to replace them.

I am doing it this year on my 2018 for the first time and I have 350 hours on the original ones.The 2 under the trans cover went bad on my 2019 at 80 hours.

2in2out
09-28-2020, 10:38 PM
The 2 under the trans cover went bad on my 2019 at 80 hours.

THIS!!! 72.5 hrs on the boat. I’m having the 75 hr service done and winterization, so I thought it would be good peace of mind having them replaced and having spares. I know it’s easy, but if the access points only have to be opened once, less chance for inadvertent damage.

I just was curious if I provide the impellers if it’s worth the savings, or should I just let the service center charge me for them.

Prospersigman
09-29-2020, 08:29 AM
So do the Supras use the same ballast impeller as the Moombas then?

larry_arizona
09-29-2020, 08:38 AM
So do the Supras use the same ballast impeller as the Moombas then?

Yes sir. Skiers uses Jabsco puppy pumps and the green impellers are the newest replacement option.

MJHSupra
09-29-2020, 08:39 AM
THIS!!! 72.5 hrs on the boat. I’m having the 75 hr service done and winterization, so I thought it would be good peace of mind having them replaced and having spares. I know it’s easy, but if the access points only have to be opened once, less chance for inadvertent damage.

I just was curious if I provide the impellers if it’s worth the savings, or should I just let the service center charge me for them.

The two center ones were very easy to swap out on my 2018 SL.
The transmission hatch needed to come out to get to 2 of the back pumps. There were 4 screws on the transmission hatch floor and two against the back seating area.
The last two pumps were located between the back seats and the lockers. Not impossible to get to, but took a little time.

I would ask how much labor they are charging before they start the job. I'm sure the $30 green impellers will be more at the dealer. If you boat is already at the dealer, it always easier to flag a check, but it's $$.

I was talking to a local guy over the wkend about winterizing. He was not comfortable and nervous about doing it right. My comment was take it to a deal for your peace of mind.

Prospersigman
09-29-2020, 04:18 PM
Yes sir. Skiers uses Jabsco puppy pumps and the green impellers are the newest replacement option.

https://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-6303-0007-P-Urethane-Diameter-Plastic/dp/B004I1RQQS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1W38WTH2VFU5P&dchild=1&keywords=jabsco+puppy+pump+impeller&qid=1601410660&sprefix=Jabsco+pupp%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-1

This the one that I am looking for?

MJHSupra
09-29-2020, 04:59 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Jabsco-6303-0007-P-Urethane-Diameter-Plastic/dp/B004I1RQQS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1W38WTH2VFU5P&dchild=1&keywords=jabsco+puppy+pump+impeller&qid=1601410660&sprefix=Jabsco+pupp%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-1

This the one that I am looking for?

I used Wakemakers and had the part number: Jabsco part #:6303-0107
If you google the part number, Wakemakers and Amazon find the same listing.

This is the exact same impeller that comes in every Jabsco Ballast Puppy pump from the factory regardless of the boat brand. 6303-0007-P and 6303-0107 are the same part number, the P just denotes that this is an individual pack versus a bulk pack option

sloane
10-24-2020, 10:46 AM
A dealer told me they don't winterize the ballast system on a 2021 Supra SA450 that I ordered, they only run them to empty the system. This seems wrong to me, what has been your experience? Is there a service manual that outlines this in detail. Does anyone know of youtube video or have pics of where all these pumps are at and how to winterize them and/or change the impellers on this boat or boat with same design. I prefer to do all basic service myself and looking for any information on this boat.