PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing 2020 Supra Se

Torch
09-17-2020, 03:52 PM
Anything different when it comes to Winterizing the newer Supra’s? I found many videos on older boats but nothing on the newer stuff. I have always done it myself on previous Supra and Tige’s that I have owned. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stazi
09-17-2020, 04:05 PM
Follow the Indmar Engine manual that you were supplied with the boat.

larry_arizona
09-17-2020, 04:20 PM
Follow the Indmar Engine manual that you were supplied with the boat.

THIS, things have subtly changed over the years, # of drain points and locations are slightly different for some years as well as between the 400,450 and 575, but the basic premise is largely unchanged.

z28ke
09-17-2020, 08:43 PM
IMO it is much faster/easier with the closed-loop cooling than the old gm based assault engines.

larry_arizona
09-17-2020, 08:46 PM
IMO it is much faster/easier with the closed-loop cooling than the old gm based assault engines.

Absolutely, it’s so easy to winterize the raptors.

Torch
09-17-2020, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys, I’ll review the manual next time I’m at the lake and before I put it to bed for the season.

Stazi
09-18-2020, 07:40 AM
I can winterize my boat in under 1 hour.

Jmm137
09-18-2020, 10:57 AM
Do you guys do everything yourself regarding winterization - full service (oil change, fuel filter change, etc.) and winterize? I need to look into this and learn how to do it myself, closest Supra Dealer to me is 4 hours after my regular dealer lost their Supra license.

larry_arizona
09-18-2020, 11:46 AM
Do you guys do everything yourself regarding winterization - full service (oil change, fuel filter change, etc.) and winterize? I need to look into this and learn how to do it myself, closest Supra Dealer to me is 4 hours after my regular dealer lost their Supra license.

Yes, although was never near 300 hours to consider changing fuel filter.

Oil change, raw water impeller and drain the raw water cooling loop, make sure ballast bags tanks and pumps are drained enough etc.

2in2out
09-18-2020, 12:07 PM

Oil change, raw water impeller and drain the raw water cooling loop, make sure ballast bags tanks and pumps are drained enough etc.

Do you replace the raw water impeller every winterize?

larry_arizona
09-18-2020, 12:09 PM
No I don’t. First impeller change was at 77 hours after 2 seasons. Depends on hours per season.

Jmm137
09-18-2020, 01:54 PM

Gotcha, I need to flip through the owners manual and familiarize myself with what all needs done.

2in2out
09-18-2020, 01:57 PM
No I don’t. First impeller change was at 77 hours after 2 seasons. Depends on hours per season.

New boat is at 76 hrs. I guess I’ll replace the impeller on this service.

larry_arizona
09-18-2020, 02:05 PM
New boat is at 76 hrs. I guess I’ll replace the impeller on this service.

Cheap and easy to do.

NewbFam5
09-19-2020, 11:41 AM
How would you prep the boat if you were storing it indoor heated building? It doesn't get that cold in Portland, OR so freezing inside is not possible. Fuel stabilizer in the tank, half full or all full? Disconnect batteries?? What else?

larry_arizona
09-19-2020, 11:58 AM
How would you prep the boat if you were storing it indoor heated building? It doesn't get that cold in Portland, OR so freezing inside is not possible. Fuel stabilizer in the tank, half full or all full? Disconnect batteries?? What else?

It so easy to drain, I would still drain it, keep batteries installed and just keep battery charger plugged in, keeps them fresh, I use Startron fuel stabilizer

peteyt328
09-19-2020, 02:33 PM
Do you replace the raw water impeller every winterize?

On my 2018 Craz I changed it at 200 hrs after 2 seasons and it still looked new. But it is cheap and fairly easy to do so on my next boat I will do it annually. I don't think it's anything to worry about like on the new Malibus though.