PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have to turn the key on for a few seconds and then wait to start?

haknslash
09-11-2020, 09:35 PM
A little while after owning my boat I noticed that if I try to start the engine right off the trailer it won't turn over the first time. However if I turn the key to start but not fully turn the key over (think like allowing a fuel pump to prime) then it will immediately fire up. Anyone else have to do this procedure? I looked all in my manual and I couldn't find anything on this.

RC_Hinojosa
09-11-2020, 09:51 PM
It's called power cycling. It's generally the fix if your plates go wonky, which mine have a couple of times randomly.

On the pre-touchscreen models you would see the color screen booting, your gage needles sweep back and forth and hear your plates reset.

I always start my boat that way now and I never seem to have any glitches or wonkiness when I start it that way.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

Kidder522
09-11-2020, 10:07 PM
Yep. Always prime and then start. Much easier on the starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z28ke
09-11-2020, 11:53 PM
Ditto, first time after turning my battery switch on and turning the key to “on” I give it 10-15 seconds to reset everything before hitting the starter. After you hear the trim tabs do their thing it’s ready...

haknslash
09-12-2020, 08:17 AM
Thanks guys. Figured that was it just wanted to confirm I didn’t have some kind of issue. Thanks again!

Isaguel
09-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Yep, I do the same thing with the Supra. It was doin some wonky things like not deploying the surf tab, I had to turn off boat and restart it. Now I turn the key to on, let the screens all go through their cycling and then press the start button. No problems since.

rdlangston13
09-12-2020, 12:41 PM
Done this since new, mine also seems to do it if you swap from battery one to battery two. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldnt figure it out. Got a buddy with a Malibu 25 LSV with the raptor who said his does the same crap.

KnoxMojo
09-12-2020, 02:22 PM
Done this since new, mine also seems to do it if you swap from battery one to battery two. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldnt figure it out. Got a buddy with a Malibu 25 LSV with the raptor who said his does the same crap.

What do you mean by crap? Like, letting the system boot up, run through its short diag checks, cycle the actuators and prime the fuel pump. Yeah, those extra 10 seconds are so frustrating, lol.. It has nothing to do with the Raptor engine.

996scott
09-12-2020, 03:41 PM
turn the key to "on" position while you are backing down the ramp and running your blower and you will be good to go the second you hit the water.

dakota4ce
09-12-2020, 07:38 PM
This is unacceptable. That’s 10 seconds more I could have been surfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haknslash
09-12-2020, 08:52 PM
turn the key to "on" position while you are backing down the ramp and running your blower and you will be good to go the second you hit the water.

Going to start doing that. My usual routine was to turn on battery and blower then back the boat down, hop in and drive to dock so I'll just leave the keys in and on and should be fine.