PDA

View Full Version : Heated Driver Seat- Moomba Mondo

yukon2007
08-26-2020, 09:35 AM
With fall around the corner (ugh) I’m thinking of installing a heated driver seat kit in my Moomba Mondo. Has anyone done this? Your thoughts/advice?

Thanks

SONIC
08-26-2020, 09:43 AM
My SA has it and it was awesome in a rain storm the other day. I was nice and warm while everyone else was wrapped in towels and shivering. Of course I kept that to myself.

Thoughts would be make sure it's a marine specific heater as it's going to get wet a lot. A standard car setup is likely not setup for being wet.

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 12:48 PM
I never used the heated capt chair, but I know my wife will use the heated helm seat on a 90f day. She is part reptile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
08-26-2020, 02:28 PM
I use my seat heater all the time, even in the summer as temps drop in the eve and I am wet, feels soooo good! I would try to find a waterproof 12v plug in pad for your boat over a full modify. Or get a towel hoodie and change into dry clothes.

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 04:58 PM
I use my seat heater all the time, even in the summer as temps drop in the eve and I am wet, feels soooo good! I would try to find a waterproof 12v plug in pad for your boat over a full modify. Or get a towel hoodie and change into dry clothes.

More heated seat positions are likely in the future, Especially riders fresh out of the water. A Heated wheel would be nice.....

2in2out
08-26-2020, 05:52 PM
I never used the heated capt chair, but I know my wife will use the heated helm seat on a 90f day. She is part reptile.

The moment I told my wife the helm seat was heated, any concerns of cost went out the window. I got authorization to get an SA immediately.

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 06:05 PM
The moment I told my wife the helm seat was heated, any concerns of cost went out the window. I got authorization to get an SA immediately.

That is awesome news or a really expensive option

parrothd
08-26-2020, 07:36 PM
This messager rocks and works with 12v! Been using it in the trunk after boating.

Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager with Heat Deep Kneading Massage for Neck, Back, Shoulder, Foot and Legs, Use at Home, Car, Office https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D2UJVGS/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_igVrFb2T8CRDD

2in2out
08-26-2020, 08:02 PM
That is awesome news or a really expensive option

It’s both. You of all men should know.

She was also sold on the power fold tower and Bimini. Wireless phone charger was the cherry on top.

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 08:21 PM
It’s both. You of all men should know.

She was also sold on the power fold tower and Bimini. Wireless phone charger was the cherry on top.

I absolutely do!! Lol

Just a heads up.....the Bimini is a PITA until you get used to it.

sandm
08-26-2020, 09:22 PM
the Bimini is a PITA until you get used to it.

haha.. they all are.. as they say here, a necessary evil.
I'm surprised you use it in michigan. lived in green bay for 4 years and never installed it once. doesn't get hot enough to warrant it.

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 09:36 PM
haha.. they all are.. as they say here, a necessary evil.
I'm surprised you use it in michigan. lived in green bay for 4 years and never installed it once. doesn't get hot enough to warrant it.

It comes out in the 90’s, we get that fairly often.