PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Cover advice requested

carsondoc
04-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I need a new boat cover and was looking at the Hurricane fitted covers from Overton's. They have one that's 100% polyester (Sharkskin) for about $330 and another that's 100% acrylic (Sunbrella) for about $660.

Anyone have advice/experience with either of these products?

Thanks.

qb12
04-02-2007, 01:16 PM
I need a new boat cover and was looking at the Hurricane fitted covers from Overton's. They have one that's 100% polyester (Sharkskin) for about $330 and another that's 100% acrylic (Sunbrella) for about $660.

Anyone have advice/experience with either of these products?

Thanks.

carsondoc, if it were me i would spend a couple hundred more for either a rankin or covercraft cover. they are great. no poles or straps and can be used when towing.

NCSUmoomba
04-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I have the Sharkskin one from Overtons and I am pleased with it. It fits very well and I do not have to use poles or anything to hold it up. It fits so tight that the rain rolls right off of it for the most part. If it rains alot, I have had pools form on it that I had to empty with a bucket, but it never caved into the boat. I have also trailered my boat with it using the supplied trailer straps with no problems.