PDA

View Full Version : anthem boats

sandm
08-23-2020, 04:41 PM
https://www.anthem.am/2020-karma
saw this. interesting front end and deck looks to have a lot of space. 88pcs of gatorstep and it's everywhere. another 150k boat enters the market.

was intrigued until saw the vid of the surfwake. looks weak and gsa tabs could be a cut waiting to happen when hanging on the swimdeck. pic of wakeboard wake looks quite small as well...
I have to say the front is kinda cool.. like a marine landing craft waiting to storm the sandbar and the engine looks to be amazingly easy to maintain.

larry_arizona
08-23-2020, 04:55 PM
My Mom once told me.....”If you don’t have anything nice to say.....don’t say anything at all”

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l41YrI2G6EXpqXbig/giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hayden
08-23-2020, 04:56 PM
In their website video it actually looks like the rider is having to lean forward to stay on the wave. Not enough push? :P

Curious about their ballast system details though.

jimmsch
08-23-2020, 06:29 PM
the flip open bow..the side doors...it seems to spend a lot of money on gimmicks instead of wake/wave. Also I dislike the guard rails. My kids like to flip off the bow.

One thing for sure though...it's built like a brick sh**house.

jcarter20
08-23-2020, 06:41 PM
My Mom once told me.....”If you don’t have anything nice to say.....don’t say anything at all”

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l41YrI2G6EXpqXbig/giphy.gif

Yep! Nuff said!

Stazi
08-23-2020, 07:31 PM
Pavati and HeyDay had buttsex and this was the hideous baby

larry_arizona
08-23-2020, 08:05 PM
I will say there is a trend you blunt nose boats.

G23, Heyday and anthem all going with the 80’s deck boat theme,

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200824/622fd6f090c86f58c386c687bd469ac0.jpg

Isaguel
08-23-2020, 08:11 PM
What is the advantage? Well optioned it costs as much as the SL400, but the fiberglass hull as far better looking, so what gives. What would make me pick that over a beautiful looking Bu, an SL or SA for same price, When they designed the boat and did cost analysis for production, did someone not point out to investors that, hey, this is our finished boat and we will be competing with those (SL, SA, MC X22, Bu 23 LSV) at the same price bracket. But ours offers......
I might be missing something. Maybe its lighter to trailer around when ballast empty? What's the hook? You cant just be ugly for the sake of ugly, you have to offer something in return to make it worthwhile.

jcarter20
08-23-2020, 08:45 PM
It reminds me of the Axopar boat I saw in boating magazine a few months back. Maybe this is the new style. I personally think it looks terrible. Look how large the bow is on the Anthem. I hate trying to look around one passenger in the bow. Why would I want to look around 8 people up there.

https://www.axopar.fi/range/axopar-24-open/

sandm
08-23-2020, 08:51 PM
that axopar look like an epic....

z28ke
08-23-2020, 10:07 PM
Pavati and HeyDay had buttsex and this was the hideous baby

Hahahaha. This got my attention though:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/6e76f6_4367a42dd3f440a6be34bdac257d2ad6~mv2.jpg/v1/crop/x_1092,y_0,w_3816,h_4000/fill/w_640,h_738,al_c,q_85,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/DSC09548_JPG.jpg

haknslash
08-23-2020, 11:29 PM
It reminds me of the Axopar boat I saw in boating magazine a few months back. Maybe this is the new style. I personally think it looks terrible. Look how large the bow is on the Anthem. I hate trying to look around one passenger in the bow. Why would I want to look around 8 people up there.

https://www.axopar.fi/range/axopar-24-open/

I've recently watched some videos of the Axopar and that thing CARVES and RIPS like crazy!! it's a bit strange looking but at least is has the attitude to back up it's unique looks, unlike that Anthem "thing".

jimmsch
08-24-2020, 06:48 PM
the only thing i see is they're built to military specs. you can beach it on a rocky beach. other than that, its just ugly because they can get a model with cheeks bared to make it look attractive

larry_arizona
08-24-2020, 07:10 PM
The Normandy style landing ramp is military grade.

But I will say the speakers look kitty wampum.

Where is the power tower and Bimini for your $150k?

Stazi
08-24-2020, 07:14 PM
With all the other PROVEN offerings for $150k out there you’d have to be a bit of a clown to drop 150 large on this abomination.

jimmsch
08-24-2020, 07:28 PM
tower is optioned in for X$$tra. Whaaaaaaat??? Not sure if they have a power option for it.

Put me in with Stazi. This thing is an abomination

sandm
08-24-2020, 07:36 PM
well they have at least 1 in production out there that a dealer bought so there's 1 clown.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2019-Varatti-Z22-for-sale-St-Croix-Falls-Wisconsin-114791.aspx

interesting that they sent back to the factory for reconditioning as a 2019 model with 50hrs. not reassuring buying a non-proven boat brand. and marked down quite a bit for a 150k msrp. in the 60's to 80's they likely have a small market but betting everyone thinks if pavati can do it and charge a bunch so can I.

RB56
08-25-2020, 10:04 AM
https://www.anthem.am/2020-karma
saw this. interesting front end and deck looks to have a lot of space. 88pcs of gatorstep and it's everywhere. another 150k boat enters the market.

was intrigued until saw the vid of the surfwake. looks weak and gsa tabs could be a cut waiting to happen when hanging on the swimdeck. pic of wakeboard wake looks quite small as well...
I have to say the front is kinda cool.. like a marine landing craft waiting to storm the sandbar and the engine looks to be amazingly easy to maintain.

Looks like it could re-take Omaha Beach

tre
08-25-2020, 11:34 AM
What is the advantage? Well optioned it costs as much as the SL400, but the fiberglass hull as far better looking, so what gives. What would make me pick that over a beautiful looking Bu, an SL or SA for same price, When they designed the boat and did cost analysis for production, did someone not point out to investors that, hey, this is our finished boat and we will be competing with those (SL, SA, MC X22, Bu 23 LSV) at the same price bracket. But ours offers......
I might be missing something. Maybe its lighter to trailer around when ballast empty? What's the hook? You cant just be ugly for the sake of ugly, you have to offer something in return to make it worthwhile.

I could not have said this better myself. Why in the world would anyone choose this over any other inboard for the same price? I see loads of disadvantages and no advantage. The wake looks really short and weak. It appears they had to slow down drastically to get any surf wake out of the boat. I can't think of another reason the surf wave is so short. The exterior is horrible, the interior appears spartan, and the wake is weak. Maybe it gets better gas mileage? They say the ballast system is a pumpless 3500lb system that fills in 3 min. While that sounds interesting, it will not get anyone to come anywhere near that boat.

larry_arizona
08-25-2020, 12:11 PM
well they have at least 1 in production out there that a dealer bought so there's 1 clown.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2019-Varatti-Z22-for-sale-St-Croix-Falls-Wisconsin-114791.aspx

interesting that they sent back to the factory for reconditioning as a 2019 model with 50hrs. not reassuring buying a non-proven boat brand. and marked down quite a bit for a 150k msrp. in the 60's to 80's they likely have a small market but betting everyone thinks if pavati can do it and charge a bunch so can I.

Now that is a good looking and well optioned boat. But never heard of it.

Isaguel
08-25-2020, 08:51 PM
Now that is a good looking and well optioned boat. But never heard of it.

You'd have to see one in person. Its not that impressive. I saw one at the Minneapolis boat show. It is very shallow especially at the front. If you were to cover the rear half, you would think its a bass boat, its the antithesis of the beefy Supra SA. Not that that makes it a bad looking boat, just does not look like a surf boat. It likely does not have IBS. I do like that it comes with front and rear thrusters, I think that is their hook, unlike the anthem which I am still trying to figure out.
Because the Varatti is so shallow, even though its a 22 ft boat, it looks small. I didn't climb inside as it did not grab my attention, but I bet it has a really shallow cabin, where your knees are closer to your chest, especially for taller guys.

NewbFam5
08-25-2020, 10:17 PM
The only thing a metal boat is good for is drifting down a river while fly fishing. Doesn't fit the bill so I'm out.

DNIXD99
08-25-2020, 11:22 PM
I think they could of done better on the models

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 09:16 AM
Let me put it this way......the models match the boat.

10 beers in.......maybe

Turbinesurgeon
08-26-2020, 09:42 AM
I wonder what that patented pump less ballast system is all about? Says it fills in 3 minutes.

jason1973
08-26-2020, 09:56 AM
probably just like RAM fill Centurion has. Underwater forward facing holes that fill when the boat is moving forward.

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 10:06 AM
How do these ram fill systems drain without pumps?

jph3
08-26-2020, 10:14 AM
Drains again while driving... opens a valve out the back transom.

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 10:17 AM
You would have to be going at a decent mph to create a drain, I bet that takes awhile to drain.

I think I much prefer the pumps.

Stazi
08-26-2020, 10:35 AM
You would have to be going at a decent mph to create a drain, I bet that takes awhile to drain.

I think I much prefer the pumps.

Kent, my buddy has a centurion Ri237 with ramfill and I can tell you that it’s hands down light years ahead of the pump system. Fills so fast and drains fast too. When you want to empty you basically tell it to empty hit the gas and it’s empty in 3 minutes.

His boat has pumps too for the other tanks that you typically adjust for pitch and roll, but the main tank is ramfill.

He can load 5000lb of water in 3 minutes. It’s amazing.

Every wake boat should have this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turbinesurgeon
08-26-2020, 10:56 AM
Drains again while driving... opens a valve out the back transom.

Except it reads there are no mechanical devices like valves etc

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 11:05 AM
Kent, my buddy has a centurion Ri237 with ramfill and I can tell you that it’s hands down light years ahead of the pump system. Fills so fast and drains fast too. When you want to empty you basically tell it to empty hit the gas and it’s empty in 3 minutes.

His boat has pumps too for the other tanks that you typically adjust for pitch and roll, but the main tank is ramfill.

He can load 5000lb of water in 3 minutes. It’s amazing.

Every wake boat should have this!

Thanks Stazi, that is faster than I thought to drain, I imagined racing around the lake for 10 minutes lol

jph3
08-26-2020, 02:49 PM
Pretty penny for sure

2021 Anthem 23 Karma Surf Deck Boat https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bod/d/phoenix-2021-anthem-23-karma-surf-deck/7181925012.html

sandm
08-26-2020, 03:26 PM
we shopped mb and they use a similar flooded tank setup like centurion. when parked, flip the lever and voila, full tank. to empty flip lever again and get boat up on plane. takes a few minutes.
the older boats have an electronic valve that was prone to failure. new boats are cable actuated so no electronic parts to fail. not sure if centurion is cable or electric.

cousin was sitting in mccall many years ago and watched a heavily ballasted mb load on a trailer with one side still full. actuator failed so they chose to pull it out to manually drain. trailer was squattin pretty bad. the only real downside to the flooded setup.

I'm with stazi in that it's pretty slick as a manual setup but most of the gated boats still have pnp bags using pumps.

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 04:48 PM
The more I see this boat, the more it’s a pontoon and nothing is more popular than a pontoon.

Stazi
08-26-2020, 05:10 PM
The more I see this boat, the more it’s a pontoon and nothing is more popular than a pontoon.

Exactly what I just thought seeing these new pics. It’s a pontoon wannabe surf boat.

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 05:17 PM
Was looking at the ram fill and started pricing Centurion Fi and Ri’s......I didn’t realize how much more they are than Supras.

Ri’s are X star and G boat money.

Stazi
08-26-2020, 05:40 PM
No they aren’t. If you want a hookup. PM me. My buddy has a good relationship with the Centurion dealer at Eagle Point marina.

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 05:44 PM
So just obnoxious MSRP and heavy discounts?

I am all in on another Supra, but was checking them out and see MSRP’s in the $220s

gtsum2
08-26-2020, 06:54 PM
Was looking at the ram fill and started pricing Centurion Fi and Ri’s......I didn’t realize how much more they are than Supras.

Ri’s are X star and G boat money.

The ri’s around here are asking about 140k...about 40k less then a G or X star here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Isaguel
08-26-2020, 07:22 PM
The ri’s around here are asking about 140k...about 40k less then a G or X star here

Where's here?

gtsum2
08-26-2020, 07:23 PM
Virginia/Carolina border...lake Gaston to be exact

Stazi
08-26-2020, 07:37 PM
So just obnoxious MSRP and heavy discounts?

I am all in on another Supra, but was checking them out and see MSRP’s in the $220s

Essentially. So if you haven’t plunked down the cash on the SA, let me know if you wanna take a serious look at the Ri’s.

Isaguel
08-26-2020, 07:40 PM
Hmmm, that's a good price for an Ri. I guess it depends on what size, 23 or 25. I see Overby's marine is your local dealer. They don't post prices on their site though.

gtsum2
08-26-2020, 07:50 PM
Hmmm, that's a good price for an Ri. I guess it depends on what size, 23 or 25. I see Overby's marine is your local dealer. They don't post prices on their site though.

Yes it was a ri237 they quoted us about 140k. This was in June. X star we looked at was 228k msrp about 180 otd and the G23 was 180 otd

larry_arizona
08-26-2020, 08:29 PM
Yes it was a ri237 they quoted us about 140k. This was in June. X star we looked at was 228k msrp about 180 otd and the G23 was 180 otd

So what did you end up getting?

Stazi
08-26-2020, 09:38 PM
$228k for an X-Star?! Jesus you better be a damn pro wakeboarder to justify that loot.

htfit
08-27-2020, 12:31 AM
I just dig that walk thru transom on the anthem boats. That is what attracted me to the nautiques way back when they lowered the center to get back and forth easier vs stepping up onto the cushions and I am super happy Moomba started doing it to. The only reason I would trade my max in is for a boat with a walk thru transom. I know that sounds silly.

It is weird to me that they wouldn't design a surf boat where the surf tabs are tucked away under the swim platform. It just seems like it was an afterthought when the tabs stick out to the side like that almost level with the top of the platform. I would be super nervous with kids jumping around swimming back there.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

gtsum2
08-27-2020, 06:20 AM
So what did you end up getting?

G23. I’m almost wishing I would of waited for a 2021 though. Lots of changes made.

Regarding the anthem, I wonder who would spend that much on a pontoon looking boat when it costs close to a G or an X star?

gtsum2
08-27-2020, 12:50 PM
G23. I’m almost wishing I would of waited for a 2021 though. Lots of changes made.

Regarding the anthem, I wonder who would spend that much on a pontoon looking boat when it costs close to a G or an X star?

I would of liked to demo a Supra, but no dealers on my lake and since this was first wakeboat, I didn’t want to buy without local dealer support.

larry_arizona
08-27-2020, 01:06 PM
I would of liked to demo a Supra, but no dealers on my lake and since this was first wakeboat, I didn’t want to buy without local dealer support.

Don’t blame ya, typically demos don’t go well anyways.

G23 is baller, congrats.

NewbFam5
08-27-2020, 01:16 PM
G23 was my favorite but was too much money. RI237 was second and the dealer was a week and a half late on hitting the go price on the 2020 vs a 2019. I had put money down on our SL. As for the Ram fill, I read lots of people having issues with their actuators sticking. You have to have a tool on the boat to turn it manually just in case so you can fill or dump. I am considering selling our SL because of how good the market is and getting on the build list for next year. Haven't started the buy process because this just kind of just started developing. Supra is nicer interior than Centurion and all boats have issues so dealer support is the critical component!

gtsum2
08-27-2020, 01:43 PM
Agreed on dealer support. Might be the biggest thing! Mine is in the shop for the thruster going in and out and a circuit fault on the aft bilge...second time for both issues (100 hours)...oh yeah also need a jbl amp replaced....these boats are so sophisticated and computerized, there might be something said for the more simple the better!?!?

larry_arizona
08-27-2020, 03:56 PM
Reminds me of this boats

Check out that bow rise.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200827/ca44a7dd9062ec7ef9447aff041adc98.jpg