PDA

View Full Version : Max Add Ons

Farmdog97
08-18-2020, 09:00 PM
Hello,
Decided that the Moomba Max is the best boat for my family. Is the following upgrades worth the cost?
450 engine
Tower high end swivel board racks

Also, what do you recommend for an audio package?

Trying to keep the MSRP below $85K.

Thank you.

dakota4ce
08-18-2020, 10:09 PM
Hello,
Decided that the Moomba Max is the best boat for my family. Is the following upgrades worth the cost?
450 engine
Tower high end swivel board racks

Also, what do you recommend for an audio package?

Trying to keep the MSRP below $85K.

Thank you.

450 not necessary in 99% of situations.
I got the swivel regular racks for cheap surfers and wakeboards, gonna add a couple Hyperryd.com racks for the surfboards.
I got the big audio. Could prolly do better with a home grown setup on the basic package, but I don’t want to do it.
I also skipped bimini as I am gonna do an aftermarket custom for slightly more money but loads more coverage and convenience.

Not sure where that takes MSRP, but the motor saves a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

htfit
08-19-2020, 08:10 AM
I also skipped bimini as I am gonna do an aftermarket custom for slightly more money but loads more coverage and convenience.

I would love to see what you do for a bimini. If you can figure out how to get more coverage and easy up and down for trailering that would be amazing.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

dakota4ce
08-19-2020, 09:51 AM
I would love to see what you do for a bimini. If you can figure out how to get more coverage and easy up and down for trailering that would be amazing.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Check out Sewlong universal bimini on their website. Centurion guys run them a lot, and now they’re a factory option on Centurion. There are a couple videos on how easily they fold and how big they are.

Buying the mounting brackets from them, then my local shop will make the frame and canvas. Sewlong themselves have never made one for an A3 tower, so I have to do a local/cooperative effort. Good news is after this my shop will have the measurements and pattern if any other A3 tower person wants one.

sandm
08-19-2020, 11:47 AM
saw a sewlong bimini on a 2020 supreme in phx. they have been buying them down in the desert from sewlong for a couple of years at the cent/supreme dealer. spensive. iirc stock bimini was almost 2k and theirs was another 2k on top but it had a ton of coverage and quality was very nice.

should note theirs in phx were larger than what's listed on the sewlong website so they look to be able to do a lot of custom work. supreme we saw went from over the windshield to halfway across the sundeck.

dakota4ce
08-19-2020, 12:10 PM
saw a sewlong bimini on a 2020 supreme in phx. they have been buying them down in the desert from sewlong for a couple of years at the cent/supreme dealer. spensive. iirc stock bimini was almost 2k and theirs was another 2k on top but it had a ton of coverage and quality was very nice.

should note theirs in phx were larger than what's listed on the sewlong website so they look to be able to do a lot of custom work. supreme we saw went from over the windshield to halfway across the sundeck.

They’re about 2K total, and don’t require the factory Bimini. People skip the factory option and install a Sewlong.

In my case, I skipped the $1600 factory option and will spend $2000 for the Sewlong. Or so.

dakota4ce
08-19-2020, 01:09 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200819/6cb0cddea353be953970ade54f450f22.jpg
Sewlong in stowed position.

sandm
08-19-2020, 02:14 PM
They’re about 2K total, and don’t require the factory Bimini. People skip the factory option and install a Sewlong.

supreme dealer quoted us 4k for bimini as a rough and tough number(said it would be a tad less but we were in preliminary numbers). sewlong website is over 3k for the supreme large bimini. they stated there's an upcharge for the larger bimini than what is quoted on the website and the one we saw was longer than what they advertise on the website. I am assuming the dealer is buying a modded unit from them for the desert heat. basic bimini is north of 3k tho.
and ya, realize you don't buy the basic factory bimini and upgrade. their stuff is nice and quality seemed to be better than supreme's other bimini manufacturer but not cheap.

https://www.sewlong.com/product/supreme-f-series-tower-fctv3/

dakota4ce
08-19-2020, 02:30 PM
supreme dealer quoted us 4k for bimini as a rough and tough number(said it would be a tad less but we were in preliminary numbers). sewlong website is over 3k for the supreme large bimini. they stated there's an upcharge for the larger bimini than what is quoted on the website and the one we saw was longer than what they advertise on the website. I am assuming the dealer is buying a modded unit from them for the desert heat. basic bimini is north of 3k tho.
and ya, realize you don't buy the basic factory bimini and upgrade. their stuff is nice and quality seemed to be better than supreme's other bimini manufacturer but not cheap.

https://www.sewlong.com/product/supreme-f-series-tower-fctv3/

Sounds good! I have been on the phone for them for well north of 2 cumulative hours. You must be looking at something bigger than I am.

dakota4ce
08-19-2020, 02:43 PM
Sounds good! I have been on the phone for them for well north of 2 cumulative hours. You must be looking at something bigger than I am.

I have $400 in all the brackets and mounting from Sewlong, and have left to get a frame bent and a big piece of fabric sewn. If that runs me $2600 then it’s gonna be painful.

Farmdog97
08-19-2020, 06:50 PM
450 not necessary in 99% of situations.
I got the swivel regular racks for cheap surfers and wakeboards, gonna add a couple Hyperryd.com racks for the surfboards.
I got the big audio. Could prolly do better with a home grown setup on the basic package, but I don’t want to do it.

Not sure where that takes MSRP, but the motor saves a ton.

Great advice and information in this thread. Greatly appreciated.