PDA

View Full Version : Craz ballast questions

996scott
08-16-2020, 10:37 PM
Need some info on the ballast set up for a 2021 Craz which i assume is the same as the 2020. First off there is 3K lbs of ballast but what is the distribution? I believe there are 910s in the rear locker so that is 1,820lbs. There is a hard tank in the floor and an IBS, but can someone tell me how much is in the tank and how much in the IBS?

The other question is about replacing the rear bags. It looks like Wakemakers offers an "exact fit" bag that holds 1,190lbs. I assume these will fill the rear lockers completely full? I have read about Enzo bags that will fill the rear lockers and then also fill under the seats going forward. Aren't these like 1,400 lbs? The problem with these is that you loose all the storage under your seat, correct? Do they push all the way up on both sides so you loose ALL under seat storage or just part way?

I do have 500lbs of lead on the way and my consider a bit more. Just want to find out all my options of swapping out the bags, thanks.

parrothd
08-16-2020, 10:48 PM
You want the lead and the Enzos or buy more lead and the wakemakers exact fit. Dont forget the bow sac.

RC_Hinojosa
08-16-2020, 11:06 PM
The hard tank is 700lbs and the bow IBS is 500lbs.

Yes, Enzos are 1450s and take up locker and underseat storage.

Underseat storage is overrated. Get the Enzos.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

macdonaldmike76
08-16-2020, 11:07 PM
Need some info on the ballast set up for a 2021 Craz which i assume is the same as the 2020. First off there is 3K lbs of ballast but what is the distribution? I believe there are 910s in the rear locker so that is 1,820lbs. There is a hard tank in the floor and an IBS, but can someone tell me how much is in the tank and how much in the IBS?

The other question is about replacing the rear bags. It looks like Wakemakers offers an "exact fit" bag that holds 1,190lbs. I assume these will fill the rear lockers completely full? I have read about Enzo bags that will fill the rear lockers and then also fill under the seats going forward. Aren't these like 1,400 lbs? The problem with these is that you loose all the storage under your seat, correct? Do they push all the way up on both sides so you loose ALL under seat storage or just part way?

I do have 500lbs of lead on the way and my consider a bit more. Just want to find out all my options of swapping out the bags, thanks.

The rear stock are 900’s I think. The hard tank is 700 and the bow sac is 500. I ordered the exact for 1190’s for mine and I run with 500lbs of lead. The exact fit pretty much fill up the all way under the seats up to the heater. I have a ‘19 craz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

996scott
08-16-2020, 11:39 PM
The rear stock are 900’s I think. The hard tank is 700 and the bow sac is 500. I ordered the exact for 1190’s for mine and I run with 500lbs of lead. The exact fit pretty much fill up the all way under the seats up to the heater. I have a ‘19 craz.

The exact fit bags fill up all the way under the seats? I thought the Enzos do that and the exact fit only fill the lockers?

macdonaldmike76
08-16-2020, 11:45 PM
The exact fit bags fill up all the way under the seats? I thought the Enzos do that and the exact fit only fill the lockers?

They fill up pretty well all the way under the seats. With the heater, it’s full all the way to the heater. Driver side there is a little room in front of the bag. I have a couple lead bags in there. There is almost no storage when ballast is full. The observer seat under the dash is very big and I fit most of our stuff in there and I have the tray over the engine and I store a lot of things in there as well.

996scott
08-16-2020, 11:48 PM
good to know, thanks.

macdonaldmike76
08-16-2020, 11:49 PM
You bet.

Isaguel
08-17-2020, 12:18 AM
I don't know man, but, as a father of 2 kids, who often bring their friends in the boat and all their stuff, bags, snacks, towels, etc, I cannot understate the value of storage. Often we have family friends with us with kids near ours in age, their towel bags, coolers and other stuff. That storage underneath the seat is very valuable. In these boats, every inch of storage space is like gold. Especially on an all day outing. I had the Enzo's in my Mojo and regretted it at every multi family outing. I had the 1100's before that. I wish I would of gotten 600lbs of lead instead of Enzo's. The Enzo's do work great though, so if space is not a priority to you go with the Enzo's.

macdonaldmike76
08-17-2020, 12:27 AM
I don't know man, but, as a father of 2 kids, who often bring their friends in the boat and all their stuff, bags, snacks, towels, etc, I cannot understate the value of storage. Often we have family friends with us with kids near ours in age, their towel bags, coolers and other stuff. That storage underneath the seat is very valuable. In these boats, every inch of storage space is like gold. Especially on an all day outing. I had the Enzo's in my Mojo and regretted it at every multi family outing. I had the 1100's before that. I wish I would of gotten 600lbs of lead instead of Enzo's. The Enzo's do work great though, so if space is not a priority to you go with the Enzo's.

I do agree with you for sure. Sometimes I wish I had gone to a Kieyen or something with subfloor setup. Maybe an SA in the future.

996scott
08-17-2020, 11:24 AM
so it sounds like you are going to loose under seat storage with both the enzo and the exact fit. So the 2 options are to get one of them and just fold under the legs a little to shorten it and hold on to some storage or just stick with the 910 bags that just fill the lockers and then add a bunch of lead. I do need to hang on to some storage for sure. We usually have a big crew and need the space.

RC_Hinojosa
08-17-2020, 11:41 AM
If you have a big crew and need the storage just fold the legs like you said.

That way on the days you have a small crew you just unfold and are good to go.

996scott
08-17-2020, 11:59 AM
yea i think that is probably the way to go. Will i need to order new fittings with the enzo bag?

jcarter20
08-17-2020, 12:01 PM
My personal opinion is you don’t need all that extra weight. I have the stock ballast (3,000lbs) with 300lbs of lead. To be honest the only reason I have the lead is to keep it on the floor and move it around as needed for wakeboarding (move 200lbs to the front) and surfing on either side to simulate an extra person. If you watch the autowake videos and read the forum, I think you can get a super good wave without the Enzo’s. I am not saying the Enzo’s won’t make it even better, but I would much rather have that storage. I will put my wave up against a Malibu 23 LSV any day of the week as that is the one I have surfed then most behind. You can’t customize the Craz with the push of a button, but once you get it set for you, it can be badass. First start with the recommended pitch, roll, wakeplate and surf tab settings from the factory. From there turn on autowake and see where you are draining ballast. Then add lead where you are 100% full. Then you can fine tune it with the pitch and roll to really fail it in. It will take multiple outings to get it right, but just be patient. Just my two cents.

RC_Hinojosa
08-17-2020, 12:40 PM
yea i think that is probably the way to go. Will i need to order new fittings with the enzo bag?I have the G3....not sure if G6 is plumbed differently.

I have two quick connects for the fill lines in the back corners of each bag.

On top I have a vent plug and a quick connect for overflow. There is also a vent plug at the very front of the leg.