PDA

View Full Version : TOWER SPEAKERS

moomba_armada
03-31-2007, 11:16 AM
:? Well..easy question..Waiting for new boat I will need a pair of tower speakers, boat comes with 6 but none on the tower, I would like people in forum told their favourite speakers in relation with their cost...in other words ..what is the best buy. :D

Pike
03-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Also looking for Tower speakers, Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

rbc_racing
03-31-2007, 08:58 PM
If your just wanting regular speakers on the tower, the polk mmc650's work good. I just picked up a set of dual speaker cans on ebay with polk speakers from liquid audio for 480.00. I couldn't assemble a set myself for that, it's a top notch setup, the only thing I dont like is the clamps don't fit real tight so I'm going to modify them. I will have pics tomorrow of the complete install with the amps and everything. If your concerned with speakers the rider can hear though, your going to need some of the pro audio type speakers, like wetsounds and such. but your gonna spend 1200+ on one of those setups.

Wolf-
03-31-2007, 09:36 PM
...the only thing I dont like is the clamps don't fit real tight so I'm going to modify them.

Little Tip:

The rubber/friction/handle tape for tennis rackets/golf clubs works great as an anti slip and a protectant from metal on metal slippage. It is thick and non marring.

If you have a monster rack with the plastic inserts it wont work though.

FYI

JesseC
04-01-2007, 01:13 PM
I am running a set of Audioformz loaded with Polk DB675 speakers. I absolutely love them. They are really clear at 70 feet and do the job for me. Check out my Moomba Tower project link for the install.

pickle311
04-01-2007, 11:02 PM
none that are listed, save your money and get some Wetsounds, they have the new Pro 60s that will be out in May and should be more affordable. I run a pair of the Pro 80s and they are insane. Just today we were laughing at the people dancing to our music on the bank of the lake and they were easily 50 yards away. Nothing else compares.

Pike
04-02-2007, 01:21 AM
none that are listed, save your money and get some Wetsounds, they have the new Pro 60s that will be out in May and should be more affordable. I run a pair of the Pro 80s and they are insane. Just today we were laughing at the people dancing to our music on the bank of the lake and they were easily 50 yards away. Nothing else compares.

Are the Pro 60's better and cheaper than the 80's or just cheaper?

pickle311
04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
the 60s are a little smaller and just as good as the 80s and should be cheaper. I have yet to see the prices on them though.
http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/PRO60_features.html

seanpatsdad
04-03-2007, 01:14 AM
i have 4 Klipsch exterior SA-1 speakers.I made brackets for them and mounted them on a 1/2inch thick x 3 inchw x 50 inches long mounted to the tower.Each set of speakers is driven by a JL Audio E2150 amp.Sounds great and are loud.I got the aluminum from McMaster-Carr.
John

Pike
04-03-2007, 02:12 AM
the 60s are a little smaller and just as good as the 80s and should be cheaper. I have yet to see the prices on them though.

So I appologize for asking a dumb question, but Is there already a decent amp in my new boat. (07 XLV GG) I mean I haven't even signed the final paperwork yet or seen it up close so I wouldn't really know. If there is or isn't whats a good way to go about it. Keep the stock amp or go bigger?? Also, do you know when the price for the Pro 60's will be out?

Thanks Pickle

Buttafewcoe
04-03-2007, 05:05 AM
One advantage of having the stock amp in place is all wiring is there and makes eaiser upgrading later.
B
oh yeah, none of the above. I ran across the old style supra tower speakers and scarf'd um up. They're equipped with Yorkville speakers and, imo, are pretty decent

pickle311
04-03-2007, 11:49 AM

So I appologize for asking a dumb question, but Is there already a decent amp in my new boat. (07 XLV GG) I mean I haven't even signed the final paperwork yet or seen it up close so I wouldn't really know. If there is or isn't whats a good way to go about it. Keep the stock amp or go bigger?? Also, do you know when the price for the Pro 60's will be out?

Thanks Pickle

Pike, I have no idea what amp Moomba uses in their boats. All I know is it's a kenwood. I would guess that the price will be posted in the next couple of weeks seeing how they are being released in May. You could try emailing them and I'm sure Tim will hook you up with the MSRP. They ae great people and will go out of their way to help you out.
The RMS power rating on the speakers is 150w each so any amp that is rated at 300w and above would easily take care of them. I'm running a 400w Kicker amp on my Pro80s and it's perfect.

Sikwitit
04-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Pike, I chose not to get the stereo upgrade in my 07 LSV and did my own. 2 Kicker amps and kicker sub. Oh, and the best tower speakers ever! Wetsounds Pro 80's :D

Pike
04-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Pike, I chose not to get the stereo upgrade in my 07 LSV and did my own. 2 Kicker amps and kicker sub. Oh, and the best tower speakers ever! Wetsounds Pro 80's :D

Thanks for the info guys. Looks to me like the best way to go are the Pro 80's!

davidl
04-04-2007, 11:44 PM
:D Do it right the first time even if you have to wait while saving some $ / I purchased DEFCONS and love them. So what ever you choose dont go economy you wont regret it

shulaj
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Sikwitit

I also purchased an 07 LSV and bought NO STEREO at all and am putting in PRO 80's on the tower. I have no idea what I will put in the boat or if I will get two amps or not. Have not decided yet.

ideas?

moomba_armada
04-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I think there are a few nice speakers ..we do have almost all here in Spain..but not the bloody speaker cans, so I have to order them to the USA...that is why i appreciate your comments.
Does anyone know the size of the Outback V tower pipe, so I can order the right clamp size.Thanks again.

moomba_armada
04-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I think there are a few nice speakers ..we do have almost all here in Spain..but not the bloody speaker cans, so I have to order them to the USA...that is why i appreciate your comments.
Does anyone know the size of the Outback V tower pipe, so I can order the right clamp size.Thanks again.

Smrtz
04-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I was looking for tower speakers forever. Every person I spoke to said doesnt matter you cant really hear them that well anyways unless you absolutely blast the people in the boat and of course the surrounding shoreline as well.
I finally decided to buy the H20 audio waterproof case for my Ipod. It is amazing. the sound is awesome. Just tuck it into the wetsuit or there is an armband too.
The 230.00 was money well spent and it will save me a couple of grand not having to add tower speakers.

pickle311
04-05-2007, 09:30 PM

1 5/8 inches

moomba_armada
04-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Thanks Pickle :)

moomba_armada
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Does anyone know where to get a nice and not too expensive speakers/lights bar combo, I donīt need to blow my ears, just a good sound and a nice looking combo.

wake_rookie
04-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Wetsounds all the way. Like them so much I became a dealer. Installing the new setup this weekend. 2 Pro485s and 2 pro80s.

tazz3069
04-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I am considering the Kicker KS60 for my tower. I just do not know if I would like to have 2 speakers or 4 speakers. Any suggestions from anybody.

Buttafewcoe
04-26-2007, 04:49 AM
I have two boxes that seem to fill the gap up there pretty good. Although two cans would suffice, I think the look of four really completes it.
B

seanpatsdad
05-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Here are my speakers.4 Klipsch SA-1 mounted with home made brackets on a piece of aluminum purchsed from Mcmaster-Carr.Each pair is driven by a JL Audio amp.
John
http://community.webshots.com/album/558879646WEWKNT

Nboard10
05-16-2007, 02:03 PM
I have 4 tower speakers made by Liguid Audio, two of which are attatched to the light bar. All speakers are Kenwood.

I am pushing them with a 600 watt amp and I can hear them clearly riding at 75 feet.

The only thing I had to sacrafice was having any bass out of the tower speakers, so I added another amp and 12 in sub in the helm and upgraded the speakers in the boat.
It all sounds great now

tazz3069
05-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I finally got all my speakers in. Just waiting on the big amp. Hopefully I can hve it all installed by next weekend. Everything is Kicker. The two tower speakers and all 6 speakers in the boat. Two Clarion amp will be pumping the speakers. I also purchased a light bar. That will also be installed. I will post pics when the install is finished. Another member, Jesse, has been helping me with the wiring and set-up. Great member. Very helpful.
Mark